Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Obamacare Isn’t Losing Popularity

ninjadude

lp-Resslerbird_blue_16.png on November 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

obamacare-555x369.jpg

CREDIT: Charles Dharapak/AP

A new poll released on Wednesday finds that uninsured Americans are increasingly interested in Obamacare, despite the ongoing technological problems plaguing the websites that allow them to sign up for health insurance plans. The Reuters/Ipsos poll found that 42 percent of Americans who currently lack insurance intend to enroll in a plan under Obamacare — a slight uptick from last month, when 37 percent of that population indicated they wanted to enroll. Overall public support for the health reform law also rose from 44 percent to 47 percent.

And that’s just the latest poll to find that Obamacare isn’t losing ground among the public, despite a month of headlines that have bemoaned its exchanges as a total disaster and warned Americans that it may cause them to get booted from their current insurance plan. At the end of last month, a Gallup poll found that Americans were “slightly more positive” about the health reform law after three weeks of its rocky roll-out than they were right before the exchanges launched. Around the same time, both a Washington Post poll and a Pew Research Center poll found that public opinion about Obamacare hadn’t taken a nosedive despite the frustrating issues with the website glitches.

http://thinkprogress...-opinion-press/

Since I have health insurance, I don't have a dog in this fight. But those who don't have healthcare are looking like they really would like to have some insurance coverage, because some is better than none.

• Like 4

Coulda fooled me.

And the fact they've already spent over 360 million in advert campaigns, they could have given a million to every person in the country who needs health care, and be done with it.

FAIL

Absolutely blows me away. Hospitals are overrun with magazine racks full of Govt. spam literature, posters, info books and flyers no one will ever do anything with besides fan themselves, draw on, paper plane, ect. It's usually bad with all the boring stop smoking, loose weight, diabetes, suicide, flu shot, HBP, ect, but right now its off the charts.

I don't get how anyone thinks these kind of basic promotional/goodwill efforts are a good idea in 2013.

Sickening.

• Like 3

Since I have health insurance, I don't have a dog in this fight. But those who don't have healthcare are looking like they really would like to have some insurance coverage, because some is better than none.

Hey Beany,

When your Insurance Company cancels your policy...and then you find out in order to continue with the same coverage that your costs will be considerably more than you were paying before...will you then have a dog in the fight?

• Like 4

I had ins but canceled. going to hold out until I'm not being forced to do it now. If I get sick I'll just leave my wallet in the car and go to county gen. stoopid komie libofarts.

Now I'm off to work on the old lady's bunions while her mother gives me tips on being a better husband. LiG. :blink:

• Like 3

Coulda fooled me.

And the fact they've already spent over 360 million in advert campaigns, they could have given a million to every person in the country who needs health care, and be done with it.

FAIL

uh...that would mean there are only 360 people in the country...but...hey...I get your point...and you're right...with all the money they've spent...trillions on 'stimulus after stimulus' yeah...I get your point.

• Like 2

Hey Beany,

When your Insurance Company cancels your policy...and then you find out in order to continue with the same coverage that your costs will be considerably more than you were paying before...will you then have a dog in the fight?

Sounds like maybe it's the health insurance companies fault.

Major point here, huge; I read on the ACA website today that the ACA will not cancel plans, and in no way will the ACA force you to drop it. That would boil down to the insurance companies dropping people, not Obama or the governments fault. Repeat; the insurance companies are dropping people, not anyone else. And you know why? Because they didn't meet baseline standards. Baseline standards which apply to all in this case.

Now, to get back to your point. Why would a plan get cancelled with the same coverage, then only to find you can continue the plan, only for more? I've heard of people with coverage that doesn't meet standards getting cancelled, but not cancelled for no reason. Something tells me you made that up.

Edited by andy4
  • Like 2

Major point here, huge; I read on the ACA website today that the ACA will not cancel plans, and in no way will the ACA force you to drop it. That would boil down to the insurance companies dropping people, not Obama or the governments fault. Repeat; the insurance companies are dropping people, not anyone else. And you know why? Because they didn't meet baseline standards. Baseline standards which apply to all in this case.

Now, to get back to your point. Why would a plan get cancelled with the same coverage, then only to find you can continue the plan, only for more? I've heard of people with coverage that doesn't meet standards getting cancelled, but not cancelled for no reason. Something tells me you made that up.

Your first mistake...going to the ACA website...but hey...what do you care anyway right? Obama said it's okay right? Who cares that he has lied about everything ...and I mean everything...Bill Ayres was just a guy in my neighborhood...right?...No, Bill Ayers was a pivotal player in the beginning of Obama's running for President...but...so what...we trust Obama...right?

• Like 2

Your first mistake...going to the ACA website...but hey...what do you care anyway right? Obama said it's okay right? Who cares that he has lied about everything ...and I mean everything...Bill Ayres was just a guy in my neighborhood...right?...No, Bill Ayers was a pivotal player in the beginning of Obama's running for President...but...so what...we trust Obama...right?

Nice Fox News talking point you brought up. Obama himself said he has had no association with him. They both were in Chicago at the same time. Does this now make Obama guilty of associating with him? No, of course not. But with that said, what does Bill Ayers have to do with any of this?

Nobody cares that Obama lied anymore. It's about time to get over this. Everyone lies, on an almost daily, if not daily basis. Should that now discredit everything this person is? You let me know.

Liar liar pants on fire! It feels like the 3rd grade again with some of these threads and talking points.

Edited by andy4
  • Like 1

Nice Fox News talking point you brought up. Obama himself said he has had no association with him. They both were in Chicago at the same time. Does this now make Obama guilty of associating with him? No, of course not. But with that said, what does Bill Ayers have to do with any of this?

The ties between 0bama and this terrorist have long been established. And just like your next sentence is about to prove, you cant believe a word that comes outta his mouth. The man is a known lier.

Nobody cares that Obama lied anymore. It's about time to get over this. Everyone lies, on an almost daily, if not daily basis. Should that now discredit everything this person is? You let me know.

Liar liar pants on fire! It feels like the 3rd grade again with some of these threads and talking points.

I seriously doubt you would hold damn near anyone to the same standard. If you caught say, your wife cheating on you 50 times, and you just watched a naked guy jump out your window after coming home, would you care, or just get over it after she tells you she wasnt cheating? And thats basicaly been the problem with both party for a long time now. Faithfull followers who do not hold our leardership to any standard what so ever. Thats why today we are several trillion in debt, and ruled by big banks and corperations. Then when folks point out that we can do better. That we could put forth people who care about the rule of law, and the constitution, responcible spending, somehow WE are the problem. Thats about as pathetic a stance you can take. Shame on you.

• Like 3

I seriously doubt you would hold damn near anyone to the same standard. If you caught say, your wife cheating on you 50 times, and you just watched a naked guy jump out your window after coming home, would you care, or just get over it after she tells you she wasnt cheating? And thats basicaly been the problem with both party for a long time now. Faithfull followers who do not hold our leardership to any standard what so ever. Thats why today we are several trillion in debt, and ruled by big banks and corperations. Then when folks point out that we can do better. That we could put forth people who care about the rule of law, and the constitution, responcible spending, somehow WE are the problem. Thats about as pathetic a stance you can take. Shame on you.

Very well said preacherman, and I agree. :tu:

• Like 2

Just wanted to let you know that not everyone knows about "obama care" I know weird right but a lot of low income people dont really watch the news. Ive talk to a a few people that didnt know the government was going to force them to buy insurance. Which they replied with "***** that".

• Like 2

lp-Resslerbird_blue_16.png on November 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

obamacare-555x369.jpg

CREDIT: Charles Dharapak/AP

A new poll released on Wednesday finds that uninsured Americans are increasingly interested in Obamacare, despite the ongoing technological problems plaguing the websites that allow them to sign up for health insurance plans. The Reuters/Ipsos poll found that 42 percent of Americans who currently lack insurance intend to enroll in a plan under Obamacare — a slight uptick from last month, when 37 percent of that population indicated they wanted to enroll. Overall public support for the health reform law also rose from 44 percent to 47 percent.

And that’s just the latest poll to find that Obamacare isn’t losing ground among the public, despite a month of headlines that have bemoaned its exchanges as a total disaster and warned Americans that it may cause them to get booted from their current insurance plan. At the end of last month, a Gallup poll found that Americans were “slightly more positive” about the health reform law after three weeks of its rocky roll-out than they were right before the exchanges launched. Around the same time, both a Washington Post poll and a Pew Research Center poll found that public opinion about Obamacare hadn’t taken a nosedive despite the frustrating issues with the website glitches.

http://thinkprogress...-opinion-press/

But what are people saying they like? Do they really understand what Obamacare is - I would guess not since the guy whose name is on it seems to not know. Do they just like the idea of free healthcare? I'm sure they do - who wouldn't. But as we're learning, that's not what Obamacare is in reality. I'd also be curious to know how many who say they like it have actually tried to go online and sign up for it.

• Like 4

Sad way to view the world imo. And I'm thinking you might not extend the same generosity to a guy named Bush, am I right?
  • Like 3

But what are people saying they like? Do they really understand what Obamacare is - I would guess not since the guy whose name is on it seems to not know. Do they just like the idea of free healthcare? I'm sure they do - who wouldn't. But as we're learning, that's not what Obamacare is in reality. I'd also be curious to know how many who say they like it have actually tried to go online and sign up for it.

Whats going to be better is when they go to the hospital for something serious. The average low income person doesn't understand about deductibles and copays. While the later isn't that serious... I've heard of some of the low monthly deductibles. The rage over "I payed every month, why am I paying for this x-ray" this isn't like SS or food stamps.

Edited by Heru
  • Like 2

Nobody cares that Obama lied anymore. It's about time to get over this.

LMAO! I can't believe the things I read sometimes. Unbelievable.

• Like 6

Beany, I work in the health insurance industry and you actually have a bigger dog in this fight than those without insurance, since any subsidized plans will raise your rates. If you think you had outrageous rate hikes in the last ten years you aint seen nothin yet. There is no free health insurance coverage, it's all paid for by someone, and that someone is not the government.
  • Like 3

Totaly misleading. The insurance companies cancel the plans according to ACA regulations. It's not the insurance companies, it's the insurance regulations imposed by the government.
  • Like 5

Not Obama's or the governments fault? Ummm, who created what is currently known as the ACA? Hmmmm, just a little point that trumps your major, huge point.

As for policies not being cancelled for any reason... Gee, I don't know why insurance companies would want to create a situation that makes people non compliant with older cheaper policies. lol

Just wait till next year and all these businesses that received a year reprieve are gonna have the same issue with compliance as the current individual policy holders you are hearing about. The really funny part is the under valuation of how many people will actually have to go to the exchanges because of policy cancellation, whether it be by business or insurance company decision. I have heard 3- 5%, right now.(low ball, I believe). Add the business side in and it should/will balloon to 25-35%. (my guesstimation, still lowball) Think there is blowback now? The true blowback and political fallout has not even begun. Hopefully both sides receive the true butt whoopin that they truly deserve.

I believe that some people are really just not seeing the forest because of all the darn trees.

• Like 2

Totaly misleading. The insurance companies cancel the plans according to ACA regulations. It's not the insurance companies, it's the insurance regulations imposed by the government.

While what you say is true... The insurance companies have been in bed with this from the beginning. They are in a no lose situation if everything goes right in utopia.

• Like 3

uh...that would mean there are only 360 people in the country...but...hey...I get your point...and you're right...with all the money they've spent...trillions on 'stimulus after stimulus' yeah...I get your point.

There are 360million ppl with no health insurance. I believe they plan on spending 3 billion in total on the ads for it...

You do the math for me, it's not my forte, but 360 million dollar could cover 360 million people's ins

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Bill Elliot, Obama voter who has cancer had his policy cancelled thanks to Obamacare

Link:

• Like 2