Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Existence

MySummerJob

I don't know what many of you believe, or how you deal with your beliefs, but this is something that I have thought about recently.

We always talk about how the universe, or everything here has to end (or even begin), but I do have to wonder... Is there really an end or beginning? if so, how, and why? I mean if you think about it the universe was created by a ball of whatever exploding into what we have now, or a deity (of whatever belief) creating the universe as a whole.

One has to wonder though. If the universe did come from a big bang, then how, and where did that ball come about? Same question for the deity. How did that being come about, and why did it create this universe? Would there truly be nothing if this universe ended? (just looking at one theory like the big rip, or whatever else doesn't make it possible to have the universe regenerate)

I think in someways it would be impossible for nothing not to be about because something would have to come about, but what would come out of that nothing? If it all did end then what about existence itself, and why/how did it even come about?

In someways it is very scary (no matter your beliefs). I mean, this is the only universe (that we are aware of right now), and some how we are here as humans on this planet called earth. If this universe didn't exist then what would come about? Would be like I said before, something coming out of nothing, or nothing coming out of something?

Sorry for making this thread. I just needed a place to vent because after a few days of having this weighing heavily on me has made me hope posting this would help get this off my mind.

Edited by MySummerJob
  • Like 1

Something I forgot to add, but what would mean for this consciousness (or self)?

I guess it would be hard to get into this without mentioning beliefs...

I myself am an agnostic, and I am open to many ideas out there, but I do have a belief as to what happens when I die. I personally believe that life is like a movie/video. After it ends (death), you are right back to where you began (birth, or formation of the conscious). You will always be you, but in forever continuation of growth, and decay.

I beleive it is a constant flow of organic evolution or causality

So you think the universe will be sort of in a loop even if there is something like the big rip?

Edited by MySummerJob
  • Like 2

conciousnes I think is being, when you die I think your ego gets shattered and absorbed by the light, whatever sliver of existence you consider yourself to be is then reincarnated

Edited by Spiritus Spacium
  • Like 1

conciousnes I think is being, when you die I think your ego gets shattered and absorbed by the light, whatever sliver of existence you consider yourself to be is then reincarnated

So what you're saying is what ever someone believes will carry over into when they are reborn?

I assume you mean people who believe in reincarnation could be born again as someone, or something else. While the people who share the same belief as I do end up being put into a loop?

No thats not what I mean at all, where did you get that?.

Im saying that everything you beleive in will also die, except for the very escence of what you are

Edited by Spiritus Spacium

No thats not what I mean at all, where did you get that?.

Im saying that everything you beleive in will also die, except for the very escence of what you are

Sorry, I guess I was just confused by your wording.

I don't know what many of you believe, or how you deal with your beliefs, but this is something that I have thought about recently.

We always talk about how the universe, or everything here has to end (or even begin), but I do have to wonder... Is there really an end or beginning? if so, how, and why? I mean if you think about it the universe was created by a ball of whatever exploding into what we have now, or a deity (of whatever belief) creating the universe as a whole.

One has to wonder though. If the universe did come from a big bang, then how, and where did that ball come about? Same question for the deity. How did that being come about, and why did it create this universe? Would there truly be nothing if this universe ended? (just looking at one theory like the big rip, or whatever else doesn't make it possible to have the universe regenerate)

I think in someways it would be impossible for nothing not to be about because something would have to come about, but what would come out of that nothing? If it all did end then what about existence itself, and why/how did it even come about?

In someways it is very scary (no matter your beliefs). I mean, this is the only universe (that we are aware of right now), and some how we are here as humans on this planet called earth. If this universe didn't exist then what would come about? Would be like I said before, something coming out of nothing, or nothing coming out of something?

Sorry for making this thread. I just needed a place to vent because after a few days of having this weighing heavily on me has made me hope posting this would help get this off my mind.

In my mind I always reflect on what was before time as we know existence ? That implosion gave birth to time . Something had to be the source that existed before the implosion ever was. Like , not even static could be , if there is nothing before it to be. I guess I always see life as something giving birth to something . A cycle of design , because it's so perfect .I guess it's why I see the universe as alive , and of some intelligent source within it before time became present as we know it to be. i can't begin to ever understand in all knowing of what is the cause of everything . ....

I also consider that science can not exercise an experiment on the existence of realty before time to label it's results as fact . And when we consider time , we know by experience that we experience time though does it really exist ? Or better yet , what are the realities of time universally?

Edited by Reann

Something I forgot to add, but what would mean for this consciousness (or self)?

I myself am an agnostic, and I am open to many ideas out there, but I do have a belief as to what happens when I die. I personally believe that life is like a movie/video. After it ends (death), you are right back to where you began (birth, or formation of the conscious). You will always be you, but in forever continuation of growth, and decay.

So then , are you referring to consiousness of existence , or are you referring to reincarnation ? Either way I think it's really beautiful of how you expressed that. It makes me think of both though.

Edited by Reann

Some good questions there. It is my opinion that it is entirely impossible for there to be no existence or 'nothing'. There are plenty of things In science that show us that a universe should pop out of the vaccume, so why there is a physical universe no longer concerns me. I'm satisfied with what science has discovered even if the details are not totally in yet.

Now, the underlying non physical rules that make this all possible are a fantastic mystery to me. So are the possibilitys that those rules can create given enough time. The underlying intelligence of the universe is boggling and mysteriously beautiful.

Edited by White Crane Feather

Sometimes I think the universe is one big petri dish and a experiment into matter, like the Earth is one big mother egg and organisns,(sperm) hitting the Earth mixing with the elements, bang, life into matter.Will it end, I guess it depends on who`s doing the experiments, :) its seems there are billions of big bangs in the universe every day, I just wondering what is beyond all that blackness.:)

Edited by docyabut2

I kinda go with this version,we as souls of the light wanted to go into this experiment,but in doing so and realized our situation and the separation fear enter in, and from fear came anger, hate, jeously and pride ect that laid the blue print for our unbalance nature.Jesus came to demonstrate the laws of our true being. I think it could be ended easly, but some how we love the beauty of life.

Edited by docyabut2

So then , are you referring to consiousness of existence , or are you referring to reincarnation ? Either way I think it's really beautiful of how you expressed that. It makes me think of both though.

I believe the first one, and thank you.

Edited by MySummerJob

You may be right in bringing ourselves back into balance.:)

How the deity came about is the only question that I can assuredly say cannot be answered except by the deity. I am assured that the deity (or primordial being if you like) exists though because I exist to ponder such thoughts and experience the sensations which lead me to such thoughts. The deity is revealed little by little through experiences and thoughts. One might call this growth.

• Like 1

Existence, I guess no knows how it began or how it will end, but there is the awareness.I do see those I had lost in my family in my children and grandchildren .Maybe there are memory cells.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-558271/Can-really-transplant-human-soul.html

Maybe, but there are other possibilities in that suicide case. What else was did the two men have in common?

Maybe, but there are other possibilities in that suicide case. What else was did the two men have in common?

We know the body does not go on, but perhaps memory cells do go on from the tissues or DNA of the body.

My point was there was more in common between those two men than the transplanted heart. The article overlooks another inauspicious possibility.

I think "why existence?" is the fundamental question for us to ask. The problem is, there is nothing to pose the question to except this existence, and this existence itself most likely doesn't contain the answer.

If existence had a purpose, then discovering this cosmic purpose could be and answer, I suppose, but this possible purpose may not be included in existence, either.

It seems to me that the universe just is as itself. The physical universe is dumb to our questionings. I don't know where else to look for an answer, though. Maybe the answer lies in the question: why do we ask why? This may be just a pecularity of the human mind, this wondering about things. In other words, there may not be an answer to our question, existence just exists. This is difficult for our questioning mind to accept, as our minds always expect an answer.

I don't expect existence or the universe to accomidate itself to our human desires and wonderings, so I'm not too dissapointed when the answer to our question remains unanswered.

So you think the universe will be sort of in a loop even if there is something like the big rip?

I have had similar thoughts about that myself. When the universe has a serious glitch in the program to create or evolve it's prototypes for intelligent and hyperconscious beings, does it blink out of existence until it can fix the problem to avoid the total annihilation probability of an ambiguously vain species with it's own totally destructive capabilities emerging, and then reboot or restart the system ? The basis for this idea, hypothesis or philosophy would be that not everything can progress smoothly and perfectly without a glitch. So when we say things like that problem would have to fix itself doesn't necessarily mean that it will raise questions that can bring about the answers. We sometimes have seemingly momentary (to us) blank spots in our consciousness that can't always be accounted for.

Edited by spacelizard667

• 1 month later...

Try seeing the universe as made of pure energy, with a map or pattern of how entity or consciousness of intelligent species [and animals too] was to become evolved over time itself. Except for certain factors which persist from savagery and survival instincts and perhaps other aggressive psychological inclinations which could endanger the development of intelligence, there are also time gaps in which anything could go wrong. So does the universe blink ?

Does it [in actuallity] stop and recalibrate it's energy flux, sort of fudging things a bit so that the intelligent prototypes will realize that the torrid zones are too active than for taking any aggressive actions to work out favorably ? What else do we recognize about torrid zones [and cosmic influx] except that ? We know then, that it is not favorable to take these risks and then do what must be done to avoid any dangerous conflict. So I am just sayin' did anybody ever actually see this blink in the cosmic region take place ? Maybe that is what extraterrestrial observance is for, to see what we do next, and whether or not we get caught in the cosmic torrid zone bear trap for being a bad planetary species.

Who really knows this, ....and more importantly who wants to ask that big question ?