Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Galgo's and Podenco's

TopToffee

Would rather see those who hang them at the end of the hunting season, hung themselves, problem solved, well mostly.

We in England also have our fair share of abused dogs, there surely must be enough Spanish people in Spain who also see this as a disgrace and who would be willing to help.

Do not mean to sound harsh, but its about time England sort its own problems out and as a dog lover, we have much to sort out.

Peace.

• Like 1

Would rather see those who hang them at the end of the hunting season, hung themselves, problem solved, well mostly.

We in England also have our fair share of abused dogs, there surely must be enough Spanish people in Spain who also see this as a disgrace and who would be willing to help.

Do not mean to sound harsh, but its about time England sort its own problems out and as a dog lover, we have much to sort out.

Peace.

I agree.We have 3 rescue whippets and they are a handful..one came from a drug dealer and I I made him give me to her..They eat us out of house and I love it..

Edited by TopToffee
  • Like 1

Most people will not know the plight of these beautiful creatures.I hate to say what happens to them.Please,help them..

Despite the horrible treatment of these dogs, you should have provided some background info. Here's one site that describes the problem without any graphic pictures. If people really want to see the evidence, it's all online on other websites. The way these dogs are treated is disgusting and not something one would normally associate with a modern European country.

http://galgorescue.org/podencos/

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world.

Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

• Like 1

Despite the horrible treatment of these dogs, you should have provided some background info. Here's one site that describes the problem without any graphic pictures. If people really want to see the evidence, it's all online on other websites. The way these dogs are treated is disgusting and not something one would normally associate with a modern European country.

http://galgorescue.org/podencos/

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world.

Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

Thanks Redhen.I dare not look at the pictures my wife gets sent(she is with a charity that rehomes Galgo's and Podenco's) because I would be on the first plane with a very large knife and a book on filleting skills.

My 2 Great Pyrs came from a "well respected" breeder in New York. They were kept inside cages, outside and I had to teach them how to live inside a house. Luckily she's been closed down. My border collie and Lhasa were both "bait dogs" that were found just in time and my 3 torty cats all came from feral colonies that were marked to get "eliminated". Now the woman who lives with me is on call with the local SPCA to handle the "mean" dogs and see if they are really mean or just scared ( which is most of the time) and does the home inspections for new owner candidates for the Great Pyrenees rescue.

• Like 1

My 2 Great Pyrs came from a "well respected" breeder in New York. They were kept inside cages, outside and I had to teach them how to live inside a house. Luckily she's been closed down. My border collie and Lhasa were both "bait dogs" that were found just in time and my 3 torty cats all came from feral colonies that were marked to get "eliminated". Now the woman who lives with me is on call with the local SPCA to handle the "mean" dogs and see if they are really mean or just scared ( which is most of the time) and does the home inspections for new owner candidates for the Great Pyrenees rescue.

We had a Welsh Border Collie when I was a kid..lovely dogs.She was the toughest dog ive ever known.

We had a Welsh Border Collie when I was a kid..lovely dogs.She was the toughest dog ive ever known.

We need Galgos and Podencos rescuing.Please use a rescue centre to rescue them.Look at there plight.