Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I vowed to always sell poppies

Commander CMG

'Losing my husband when I was just 21, I vowed to always sell poppies': Britain's longest serving poppy seller, 91, is back on the streets for her 75th year

• Olive Cook started selling poppies in 1938 and has sold over 30,000
  • Great-great-grandfather Albert Joyner, 102, is Britain's oldest poppy seller
  • Oldest poppy in Britain picked from First World War trenches is expected to sell for £1,000
  • Artist creates amazing Remembrance Day sculpture using 30,000 poppies and reveals he was inspired by rubbish

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

I finally managed to get one of those enamelled poppy lapel badges today, after weeks of trying. The poppy-seller tells me they're like gold dust!

• Like 1

I finally managed to get one of those enamelled poppy lapel badges today, after weeks of trying. The poppy-seller tells me they're like gold dust!

I managed to get a couple for different coats and a few normal ones for my dog walking coat and outdoor field parka.

• Like 1

My uncle died this year.He was a marine who went to ground.Owd git was at my dads funeral

He was a Lost Voice....

Edited by TopToffee

My respects to his memory, TT.

Just curious, is there a problem in the U.K. with poppy donation boxes being robbed every year like here in Canada?

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...hefts-1.2417414

We do indeed, there have already been a few recorded incidents this year. Pond life scum, they should be caught and strung up from the nearest concrete lamppost, to serve as a lesson to the rest. :gun: :gun:

• Like 1

well done to Mrs Olive Cook Britain's longest serving poppy seller, out of her tragedy of losing her husband and through her commitment to his memory she has brought about good - through the 75 years of collecting money which has helped countless others. Mrs Olive Cook is the sort of person i admire most.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2