Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother-of-13 who said she had to shuffle

Commander CMG

• Barbara Fari handed three month prison sentence at London's High Court
  • Judge Mr Justice Spencer stayed her term so she can lodge an appeal
  • Court heard she lied about injury in a bid to claim £750,000 compensation
  • Last week judge ruled Mrs Fari and her husband were in contempt of court

arrow3.gifView: Read more

The couple denied contempt and Mrs Fari, who is illiterate, claimed she relied on the advice of solicitors, simply signed documents which were not explained properly and that medical experts misinterpreted what she told them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2492547/Mother-13-exaggerated-injuries-received-750k-jailed.html#ixzz2k5l8jknR

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So being illiterate is an excuse for stupidity and greediness now? She may not be able to read, but she was able to have 13 kids and lie to get even more tax payers money.

She lied through her mouth and knew exactly what she was doing....as did her husband.

I do hope her 13 kids do not all grow up to be just like them!

• Like 1

Poor woman. Medical experts misinterpreted what she told them and forced her to do this. She had no idea what she was doing. This will of course all be confirmed at the hearing next week, I'd be very surprised if she actually ended up being punished for what she's done.

• Like 1

Poor woman. Medical experts misinterpreted what she told them and forced her to do this. She had no idea what she was doing. This will of course all be confirmed at the hearing next week, I'd be very surprised if she actually ended up being punished for what she's done.

of course she did not know, when asked "are you telling the truth?" she said "yes", just like the other 13 times she said yes to.

Jeeze this is the mother who has brought up 13 kids.

Apparently she exaggerated a knee injury, I suppose she's been on her knees enough times to know how to fake it.

• Like 1

Apparently she exaggerated a knee injury, I suppose she's been on her knees enough times to know how to fake it.

There goes a mouthful of coffee all over the keyboard.

tumblr_m8g3nbptdd1rut2wm.gif

• Like 1