Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American war smoke and mirrors

Simbi Laveau

Obama just does it exponentially, and in a military, monetary and technological forum .

I have to watch this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2649274/

During World War II, a hand-picked group of American GI's undertook a bizarre mission: create a traveling road show of deception on the battlefields of Europe, with the German Army as their audience.

The 23rd Headquarters Special Troops used inflatable rubber tanks, sound trucks, and dazzling performance art to bluff the enemy again and again, often right along the front lines.

Many of the men picked to carry out these dangerous deception missions were artists. Some went on to become famous, including fashion designer Bill Blass. In their spare time, they painted and sketched their way across Europe, creating a unique and moving visual record of their war. Their secret mission was kept hushed up for nearly 50 years after the war's end.

• Like 3

Obama just does it exponentially, and in a military, monetary and technological forum .

During World War II, a hand-picked group of American GI's undertook a bizarre mission: create a traveling road show of deception on the battlefields of Europe, with the German Army as their audience.

The 23rd Headquarters Special Troops used inflatable rubber tanks, sound trucks, and dazzling performance art to bluff the enemy again and again, often right along the front lines.

Many of the men picked to carry out these dangerous deception missions were artists. Some went on to become famous, including fashion designer Bill Blass. In their spare time, they painted and sketched their way across Europe, creating a unique and moving visual record of their war. Their secret mission was kept hushed up for nearly 50 years after the war's end.

Rather ingenious. I remember learning about these guys in my military history classes. I must thank the people of England for putting up with our madness while we waited to move on Europe. :)

• Like 3

Ah yes, I read about this in military history text!

Quite ingenious indeed.

• Like 1

yeah these guys were truley amazing

• Like 1

Here I was thinking that Mescaline's "Magic Troupe" was a Commonwealth force...

• Like 2

The Monuments Men is similar to this - looks to be pretty funny. Great cast also.

• Like 1

The Monuments Men is similar to this - looks to be pretty funny. Great cast also.

This is actually a documentary

• Like 1

Deception is a fundamental principle of military strategy and tactics.

I suspect it has been adopted by other parts of the government as well.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 1