Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voronezh Russia UFO flap

Gomar

I was just reading about the Voronezh Russia UFO flap in OpenMinds mag. Some say it is real, others it's a hoax. No real photos were taken of any craft nor aliens, which proves to me it's a hoax.

Any opinions, news, conclusions about it?

I was just reading about the Voronezh Russia UFO flap in OpenMinds mag. Some say it is real, others it's a hoax. No real photos were taken of any craft nor aliens, which proves to me it's a hoax.

Any opinions, news, conclusions about it?

Easy to jump to conclusions simply because no photos exist. Better to listen to the testimonies of the people who were there at the time. Easy to find on youtube.

Yea, because if someone says they saw a dragon, demon, troll, unicorn, alien then it must be true.

• Like 4

Yea, because if someone says they saw a dragon, demon, troll, unicorn, alien then it must be true.

They never do though do they? I can't see where that argument goes. It's just leads to a dead end.

I always approach eyewitness testimony in this manner: Don't completely discount it, but ALWAYS take physical evidence first. Testimony can be altered and twisted quite easily, even if the witness doesn't mean to. Physical evidence remains the same.

Or a leprechaun.

• Like 2

I see no difference. I suppose you'd just as quickly dismiss a Sasquatch sighting. Though in my opinion, from an evolutionary and biological perspective, a Sasquatch is far more likely than a bipedal humanoid independently evolving on a world perhaps thousands of lightyears from us.

• Like 1

I'm sure this must have been mentioned before somewhere or other, but it is worth saying that at Voronezh is a Tupolev factory that at the time was involved in secret and hi-tech projects, TU-144 (Konkordski) was built there. Also there was an, at that time, secret Soviet Airforce base right by the Tupolev plant. I'm sure people can make their own conclusions about these facts and UFO sightings at Voronezh.

I see no difference. I suppose you'd just as quickly dismiss a Sasquatch sighting. Though in my opinion, from an evolutionary and biological perspective, a Sasquatch is far more likely than a bipedal humanoid independently evolving on a world perhaps thousands of lightyears from us.

I wouldn't dismiss Sasquatch for a start. I haven't researched it myself but I refuse to be arrogant to call hoax on something just because I have not laid eyes it.

Do you have strong evidence that it does not exist?

I would like to hear it if you do.

I see a huge difference because there are literally hundred of thousands report seeing non humanoid beings.

The Voronezh incident was a very well supported case.

Listen to them for yourself:

[media=]

[/media] Edited by zoser

I'm sure this must have been mentioned before somewhere or other, but it is worth saying that at Voronezh is a Tupolev factory that at the time was involved in secret and hi-tech projects, TU-144 (Konkordski) was built there. Also there was an, at that time, secret Soviet Airforce base right by the Tupolev plant. I'm sure people can make their own conclusions about these facts and UFO sightings at Voronezh.

No one is going to confuse a bomber aircraft with a flying saucer.

What was being made at Voronezh apart from TU-144, please tell....

Nope. No one sees those either.

You didn't see the sketch in the video?

I can't believe you of all people are dismissing the testimonies of those who witnessed the leprechaun. That guy even had a leprechaun flute and everything.

• Like 2

You didn't see the sketch in the video?

I can't believe you of all people are dismissing the testimonies of those who witnessed the leprechaun. That guy even had a leprechaun flute and everything.

Your tactic is to offer what you perceive to be none believable parallels in order to put the credibility of something else in doubt.

It doesn't work.

The reason is that the shear scale and quantity of people who have witnessed UFO's and non humanoid beings is colossal.

The tactic is easy to spot and easy to debunk on that basis alone.

Better to look into the case in detail. Weird parallels will just fail.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

Keep in mind that this was still the old Soviet Union - even though it was in the process of coming apart - with a state-run press. This story could have been fabricated as a distraction from the regime's troubles. As I recall it, it got an extraordinary amount of coverage and was presented by the Soviet press as highly credible.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

Your tactic is to offer what you perceive to be none believable parallels in order to put the credibility of something else in doubt.

It doesn't work.

The reason is that the shear scale and quantity of people who have witnessed UFO's and non humanoid beings is colossal.

The tactic is easy to spot and easy to debunk on that basis alone.

Better to look into the case in detail. Weird parallels will just fail.

Nice try, but your story only involves four children. Of course you are now lumping it together with all other UFO sightings.

Try a better argument next time.

Nice try, but your story only involves four children. Of course you are now lumping it together with all other UFO sightings.

Try a better argument next time.

Here's another case that involves children.

Over 60 of them as it happens.

Care to claim that all incidents involving children's testimony are void?

http://www.ufocasebook.com/2008b/1994zimbabwe.html

Some might just argue that is a huge sweeping judgement.

Here's another case that involves children.

Over 60 of them as it happens.

Care to claim that all incidents involving children's testimony are void?

http://www.ufocasebo...94zimbabwe.html

Some might just argue that is a huge sweeping judgement.

Some might argue this is nothing more than special pleading. For every incident involving aliens or UFOs I can give one of superstitious "beings".

How about 3 of them, flying in formation at night, far in the distance with the right temp and wind (so no sound can be heard where you are),... Im pretty sure that some people have misidentified 3 silent lights in the night sky as a solid triangle before.

How about 3 of them, flying in formation at night, far in the distance with the right temp and wind (so no sound can be heard where you are),... Im pretty sure that some people have misidentified 3 silent lights in the night sky as a solid triangle before.

Not likely.

Neither is it likely that people confuse Venus or swamp gas with UFO's.

Some might argue this is nothing more than special pleading. For every incident involving aliens or UFOs I can give one of superstitious "beings".

I doubt it very much.

Be careful about challenging; I might take you up on it.

Not likely.

Neither is it likely that people confuse Venus or swamp gas with UFO's.

Well, at least we know those two explanations exist in the real world.

Edited by Hazzard

Well, at least we know those two explanations exist in the real world.

Well, at least we know those two explanations exist in the real world minds of those with a very poor sense of comparison.

I'm getting it now. Zoser is the boards ET go to guy .

Yep, all you have to do is suspend logic and critical thinking then jump on the Woo Woo train, you will be in La-la land in no time. :tu: