Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arnold Schwarzenegger to run for president

seeder

Breaking news: Arnold Schwarzenegger will attempt to run for president in 2016

He was once famous for saying "I'll be back" and he might very well be.

The United States Constitution forbids foreign born citizens for running for president, but many have attempted to challenge the law. According to the New York Post, former governor of California and action movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger will attempt to challenge the law and run for president in 2016.

http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-news-arnold-schwarzenegger-will-attempt-to-run-for-president-2016

• Like 1

a California movie star running for president? I mean its been done before lol

I highly doubt he would win though. Or even get the law changed.

• Like 4

It would make some sense if he got in... a nazi in official charge of fascist America.

lol

No way. And considering the nonsense he was found to be engaging in (ie, having a child with the maid) a Snowball in Hell has more of a chance then Mr. Schwarzenegger.

• Like 3

He just wants to pump up the economic girly men.

• Like 3

It would make some sense if he got in... a nazi in official charge of fascist America.

lol

Which wars has Canada opted out of?

Sadly, our history with respect to the treatment of Aboriginal people is not something in which we can take pride. Attitudes of racial and cultural superiority led to a suppression of Aboriginal culture and values. As a country, we are burdened by past actions that resulted in weakening the identity of Aboriginal peoples, suppressing their languages and cultures, and outlawing spiritual practices. We must recognize the impact of these actions on the once self-sustaining nations that were disaggregated, disrupted, limited or even destroyed by the dispossession of traditional territory, by the relocation of Aboriginal people, and by some provisions of the Indian Act. We must acknowledge that the result of these actions was the erosion of the political, economic and social systems of Aboriginal people and nations.

Statement of Reconciliation, 1998

Canadian Federal Government

As far as Aboriginal people are concerned, racism in Canadian society continues to share our lives institutionally, systematically and individually. The Aboriginal Justice Inquiry in Manitoba, the Donald Marshall Inquiry in Nova Scotia, the Cawsey Report in Alberta and the Royal Commission of Aboriginal People all agree.

Phil Fontaine, National Chief, Assembly of First Nations

One of the worst murder cases I read told of the mistreatment of First Nation People and how a very poor young FN woman was raped and murdered by racist Canadian youths.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Having taken an oath way back in 1969 to protect and defend the USC, he is not qualified, so sayeth the law. We all read and speak and understand the language, and it's very clear.

But he would probably make a good POTUS, certainly no worse than the most recent examples. :gun:

Why exactly is it that if the "people have the power", they're unable to elect a non-natural US citizen?

• Like 1

Having taken an oath way back in 1969 to protect and defend the USC, he is not qualified, so sayeth the law. We all read and speak and understand the language, and it's very clear.

But he would probably make a good POTUS, certainly no worse than the most recent examples. :gun:

He made a lousy governor, that's for sure. Don't see how his performance would improve if he became president, but anyhoo, it's a non-starter because of his citizenship status. Yes, Virgina, there is a Santa Claus!

• Like 3

Why exactly is it that if the "people have the power", they're unable to elect a non-natural US citizen?

The idea of democracy is that you go through a process to get changes in effect. I see what you were trying to do there, but c'mon. Power to the the people doesn't quite mean do what you want, whenever you want, how you want. That rarely works out well for everyone.

Well if he can get the law changed, then power to him. He can't do any worse then the current/previous presidents :)

Well if he can get the law changed, then power to him. He can't do any worse then the current/previous presidents :)

I don't think anyone cares enough to get the 'no immigrants running our country' standard law changed unless someone exceptional needs the seat. He would have to show some outstanding worth.

The idea of democracy is that you go through a process to get changes in effect. I see what you were trying to do there, but c'mon. Power to the the people doesn't quite mean do what you want, whenever you want, how you want. That rarely works out well for everyone.

So, if the people want a non-natural citizen to be president, they cant... and you call that a democracy?

• Like 1

So, if the people want a non-natural citizen to be president, they cant... and you call that a democracy?

There is a huge difference between a non-natural citizen wanting to be president and the people wanting a non-natural citizen to be president. If the will was there in the people to have a foreign born president then the law would be changed to allow it.

However, if that will was there (via the voted representatives) I'm thinking Rupert Murdoch would have tried to milk that cow a long time ago, thankfully for you all with no success thus far.

• Like 3

right ahhnode... good one!* :lol: 1. he's about 100 years old? 2. he's from (as he says) "Coliflowernia"

a California movie star running for president? I mean its been done before lol

But at least this one would understand the difference between Austria and Australia... ;-)

• Like 1

Arnold isn't even as old as Reagan was when elected President.

As to the rule that the President has to be born in the USA, I think it's part of the Constitution?

Erm.. it can be changed, if there was a big enough need or desire. The only reason this one hasn't is because there has not been a golden god who would necessitate yet another alteration of our original rules and laws. You're being dramatic, as expected, in tying a law no one considers unnecessary to a lack of power of the people. Choose your battles.

Edited by _Only

Arnold is an egomaniac, a liar and a cheat. He's perfect for the job.

4p8k8.jpg

• Like 1