Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mars Snail, Bone Or Weathered Rock?

AggManUK

It's a rock for crying out loud! What makes it look weird is that the majority of the light colored rock is covered with same dark dust (carefully examine to the right side of the "snail" and you'll see what I mean) as the plain it rests upon.

Not part of an ancient alien skeleton? What makes you think it's not?

Your expertise is always appreciated but full of drama ...

I find the irony hilarious - this came from someone who didn't bother checking even the most basic facts before posting these calm, well-considered words:

have you guys and galls seen all other stuff that is all over the place in the image? But the "snail" one is freaking awesome.One of the best mars mysteries so far ...

Why there are traces in the soil representing a sun ? Aliens sending us a message ?

No drama there at all. If that was me, I'd be meekly apologising for wasting the forum's time - rather than trying to deflect responsibility by criticising others...

• Like 1

You are saying that those land traces representing a perfect circle and it's line coincidentally looking like a sun have been created when the airbag snapped revealing the lander? Where is the airbag then?

In fact you can clearly see the airbags if you scroll about 120 degrees to the right.

Could you please identify the "perfect circles" you are referring to? What is it that "looks like a sun"?

And no, I'm not making any claims about perfect circles. I didn't mention perfect circles, you're the only person talking about perfect circles, which you have yet to identify or justify.

What are you talking about?

Edited by JesseCuster

The infamous 'Air Bag Bunny' surfaces yet again!

You'd think that is an almost 10 year old photo clearly showed a bone or a snail, then Curiosity would currently be looking for bones and snails on Mars.

too flat

Mars Snail, Bone Or Weathered Rock?.....

Ah...the infamous Mars snail of legend.........DOH.

• Like 1

Could you please identify the "perfect circles" you are referring to? What is it that "looks like a sun"?

And no, I'm not making any claims about perfect circles. I didn't mention perfect circles, you're the only person talking about perfect circles, which you have yet to identify or justify.

What are you talking about?

look here please;

ScreenShot2013-11-09at82337PM_zps58fab859.png

ScreenShot2013-11-09at82337PM_zps59034aec.png

You think this is a perfect circle? I could draw a cleaner circle in the sand at my local beach with a stick.

udm1.png

Here's a couple of views of the airbags when inflated, taken during testing by NASA, Notice a familiar circle and line pattern in the seams of them?

PIA05156_ip.jpg

PIA04999_modest.jpg

I think that's pretty much case closed, wouldn't you agree?

• Like 8

Yes i agree now...that is what it is. The other pieces are still intriguing though.

• Like 1

You think this is a perfect circle? I could draw a cleaner circle in the sand at my local beach with a stick.

udm1.png

Here's a couple of views of the airbags when inflated, taken during testing by NASA, Notice a familiar circle and line pattern in the seams of them?

PIA05156_ip.jpg

PIA04999_modest.jpgI

I think that's pretty much case closed, wouldn't you agree?

Awesome debunking..... case closed. :nw:

• Like 2

A few yes, still the initial item posted by the poster is very intriguing

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/spotlight/opportunity/images/b19_Opp_Mission_Success_crop_040302151804_br.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum

A few yes, still the initial item posted by the poster is very intriguing

http://marsrovers.jp...02151804_br.jpg

Did you click on Hazzards link....

"Our team believes that this odd-looking feature is a piece of soft material that definitely came from our vehicle," said Rob Manning, lead engineer for entry, descent and landing. "We cannot say exactly where it came from but we can say that there are several possibilities: cotton insulation, Vectran covers and wraps from the airbag,Zylon bridle tensioning ties, or felt insulation from the gas generators.... The list goes on.

We do not think this is parachute material, however, due to its color (it does not look blue enough to be the undyed nylon or red enough to be the dyed nylon).

• Like 2

Wait , what?

You are saying that those land traces representing a perfect circle and it's line coincidentally looking like a sun have been created when the airbag snapped revealing the lander? Where is the airbag then?

:clap: :clap: This just made my morning - a sun picture on mars 'conveniently' near the rover!!! Classic! Did you know there's also a lake up there with lush green vegetation around it? Lake Tau?

• Like 3

Do you even bother to read what other people post? Or was this post an attempt at a joke?

"Our team believes that this odd-looking feature is a piece of soft material that definitely came from our vehicle," said Rob Manning, lead engineer for entry, descent and landing. "We cannot say exactly where it came from but we can say that there are several possibilities: cotton insulation, Vectran covers and wraps from the airbag,Zylon bridle tensioning ties, or felt insulation from the gas generators.... The list goes on.

We do not think this is parachute material, however, due to its color (it does not look blue enough to be the undyed nylon or red enough to be the dyed nylon).

Thanks Hazzard!

Edited by phantasia
  • Like 2

Ok, so my statements were more fictional on the subject. I,ve added the element "what if " just to see the reaction of the most majority here. It is extraordinary how unprepared some of you can be and not ready to embrace the probability of alien life, no matter how thin this should be. Same as UFO's on earth where i would personally need solid evidence to believe they are real but that is not undermining my curiosity and readiness for acceptance or that something required to dig for more explanations. Most of you are not even open to this concept, which obviously is adding an unhealthy conversational environment affecting dialogs. It seems some have made a purpose or hobby in debunking stories or sightings but what truly must be understood here is the necessity of maintaining an alert stage and bring up the benefit of the doubt in very story. What if or maybe should be the elements every debunker should think about before letting their judgement be influenced by believes or pointless determination.

I found similarities in the scientific community where scientists responsible to study of data indicating potential life on other planets would simply evaluate with reticence starting from the. premises that we are alone in universe.

It will never work like that unfortunately. It has been proven on earth that only with enthusiasm and faith/dedication to the cause major discoveries have been produced including.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Ok, so my statements were more fictional on the subject. I,ve added the element "what if " just to see the reaction of the most majority here. It is extraordinary how unprepared some of you can be and not ready to embrace the probability of alien life, no matter how thin this should be. Same as UFO's on earth where i would personally need solid evidence to believe they are real but that is not undermining my curiosity and readiness for acceptance or that something required to dig for more explanations. Most of you are not even open to this concept, which obviously is adding an unhealthy conversational environment affecting dialogs. It seems some have made a purpose or hobby in debunking stories or sightings but what truly must be understood here is the necessity of maintaining an alert stage and bring up the benefit of the doubt in very story. What if or maybe should be the elements every debunker should think about before letting their judgement be influenced by believes or pointless determination.

I found similarities in the scientific community where scientists responsible to study of data indicating potential life on other planets would simply evaluate with reticence starting from the. premises that we are alone in universe.

It will never work like that unfortunately. It has been proven on earth that only with enthusiasm and faith/dedication to the cause major discoveries have been produced including.

Contrary to how some of the believers do their investigation (looking only for the stuff that supports their preconceived notion) there are others that do this by falsification. Trying our best to debunk a claim, a photo, youtube video or whatever, just to see if it holds water.

The "bunny" does not.

Edited by Hazzard

The issue is, we know that Mars changed from a once wet place to what it is now - fairly rapidly - and has, for too long now, (millions of years) been a desolate place, basically, any type of life just didnt have time to evolve - as it did on Earth. There is always going to be the possibility of microbial life, but in the real world, thats about the lot.

We do know a lot about Mars you know, or rather science does, and the conditions are simply too hostile for surface creatures. SO NOTHING, unfortunately, will be found on the surface strolling around for the rover cams...

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

The issue is, we know that Mars changed from a once wet place to what it is now - fairly rapidly - and has, for too long now, (millions of years) been a desolate place, basically, any type of life just didnt have time to evolve - as it did on Earth. There is always going to be the possibility of microbial life, but in the real world, thats about the lot.

We do know a lot about Mars you know, or rather science does, and the conditions are simply too hostile for surface creatures. SO NOTHING, unfortunately, will be found on the surface strolling around for the rover cams...

It does make one wonder - were ancient Martians living in an Earth-like environment and sending probes to their nearest desolate neighbor.

• Like 1

It does make one wonder - were ancient Martians living in an Earth-like environment and sending probes to their nearest desolate neighbor.

It doesnt make me wonder that,... at all.

• Like 3

Yes true that about Mars. But we are evaluating or seeing these things throug our earth perspective or vision as life exists here...but it has been proven and discovered that even on earth there is alien life or creatures whom their chemistry is different. Like the huge community of sea dwelling in the Arctic ocean living in a hightly sulphurous enviroment around hot springs underwater. There has been discovered communities of evolved bacterias that can build organic life functioning in a very poisoning ammonia enviroment. speaking of normal life living in desert there are Lizzards thriving in the Saharian desert. in the same time the fact that recent discoveries are showing that the martian soil undergroung might soak in water ' does not increase the chances that life have evolved or adjust to a different hostile enviroment or perhaps went underground?

sorry for spellong erors. Using my phone

I was thinking to it numerous times. I would assume they might have colonized the Earth. It likely happened when the planet existent between Jupiter and Mars exploded wiping out their atmosphere. In fact maybe that planet might have ignited life on earth...

http://www.universetoday.com/14869/was-there-a-planet-between-mars-and-jupiter