Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mars Snail, Bone Or Weathered Rock?

AggManUK

That's the "perfect circle" and rays that qxcontinuum suggested was a message from intelligent life on Mars signalling to us via drawing a sun and rays pattern in the dirt.

Which, obviously, it isn't.

OK. Thanks for clarifying that. So what's the big deal?

What, or who, do you think made those marks on Mars?

Let him read the damned thread for himself Merc, instead of answering his trying questions, he only has to go a few pages back.... everyone else can read posts and not ask ignorant questions - and then have someone else do the legwork for him..

• Like 1

zoser...... Are you really this thick, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

Edited by DBunker
  • Like 1

s.gifs.gifs.gifdeliberately_obtuse_key_chain-rbca022b04caa415aab4ccf1175e6771a_x7j3z_8byvr_512.jpg

What big deal are you talking about?

So I see the image of some prints in the dust. What is your point?

Or are we just going to play silly guessing games ?

I other words JC I'm inviting you to state your hypothesis.

s.gifs.gifs.gifdeliberately_obtuse_key_chain-rbca022b04caa415aab4ccf1175e6771a_x7j3z_8byvr_512.jpg

Most definitely.

He screwed up and shot from the hip and got called on it so he is playing the ignoramous. Just one more embarrassing zoser moment to pile on so many other zoser moments.

• Like 2

So I see the image of some prints in the dust. What is your point?

Or are we just going to play silly guessing games ?

I other words JC I'm inviting you to state your hypothesis.

How about you actually read the thread wherein you will find that the question about what those soil marks are has been answered (at least to the satisfaction of others including the person (qxcontinuum) who brought it up in the first place and suggested it was caused by ET). If you're too lazy to do so, try posts #16 and #35 where I stated my hypothesis and backed it up with a couple of images illustrating what I am talking about.

Talk about playing silly games.

• Like 2

How about you actually read the thread wherein you will find that the question about what those soil marks are has been answered (at least to the satisfaction of others including the person (qxcontinuum) who brought it up in the first place and suggested it was caused by ET). If you're too lazy to do so, try posts #16 and #35 where I stated my hypothesis and backed it up with a couple of images illustrating what I am talking about.

Talk about playing silly games.

and this?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257597entry4976336

You haven't answered the question I asked regarding the circle and ray patterns found on the Martian surface. What is your explanation for those marks?

The whole point of my questions and asking people to clarify themselves is:

Does the close proximity of the landing site prove anything about the image in the OP ?

Why don't we just focus on what's happening here around us and not a barren planet.

If the Martians have started hoaxing ET artefacts again for our Mars Rover I want to know about it.

The whole point of my questions and asking people to clarify themselves is:

Does the close proximity of the landing site prove anything about the image in the OP ?

The rover team believe it to be a soft piece off the lander that detached itself. They think it is soft and light because it is blowing around and doesn't leave a mark when it lands. The yellowish color suggests it is part of the air bag system or insulation etc. but they don't think it is part of the parachute as the color is all wrong. http://marsrovers.na...9_20040304.html

The team geologist said that without picking it up and matching it to various lander parts it is nearly impossible to positively identify this material so while they don't know exactly what part it came off of they are convinced that it is off the landing system. This seems completely logical to me, especiallly given the amount of material the Opportunity landing system used with its multiple air bags and all the retaining straps and such.

Knowing your proclivities, however, I realize that you won't accept this and will argue that it could be an alien artifact since they don't know for sure. Fine, believe what you like and really, that is the end of the argument since there is absolutely no way to further the conversation along since all the evidence you are ever going to get, you have already gotten.

So, what do yo think caused the circle and ray marks?

Edited by Merc14

Most definitely.

He screwed up and shot from the hip and got called on it so he is playing the ignoramous. Just one more embarrassing zoser moment to pile on so many other zoser moments.

OK so no real identification then?

Edited by zoser

The rover team believe it to be a soft piece off the lander that detached itself. The think it is soft and light because it is blowing around and doesbn't leave a mark when it lands. The yellowish color suggests it is part of the air bag system or insulation etc. but they don't think it is part of the parachute as the color is all wrong. http://marsrovers.na...9_20040304.html

The team geologist said that without picking it up and matching it to various lander parts it is nearly impossible to positively identify this material so while they don't know exactly what part it came off of they are convinced that it is off the landing system. This seems completely logical to me, especiallly given the amount of material the Opportunity landing system used with its multiple air bags and all the retaining straps and such.

Knowing your proclivities I realize that you won't accept this and will argue that it could be an alien artifact since they don't know for sure. Fine, believe what you like and really, that is the end of the argument since there is absolutely no way to further the conversation along since all the evidence you are ever going to get, you have already gotten.

So, what do yo think caused the circle and ray marks?

Well thanks for the admission.

So why all the diversion with the image of the landing site marks? What really did all that prove?

The bottom line is that they still don't know what it is as you suggest.

I am going with the earlier hypothesis as suggested by Jgirl.

A group of ET's clubbed one of their crew to death over a card game. They left him on Mars and buried him to avoid stinking out the ship.

The fierce Martian winds partially uncovered it and when the Rover touched down it rolled completely out into the open air.

Job done and mystery solved.

And with that I bid you a very good night gentlemen.

:tu:

Why don't we just focus on what's happening here around us and not a barren planet.

Maybe we can do both,... this is a Mars anomaly thread after all.

So why all the diversion with the image of the landing site marks? What really did all that prove?

A group of ET's clubbed one of their crew to death over a card game. They left him on Mars and buried him to avoid stinking out the ship.

The fierce Martian winds partially uncovered it and when the Rover touched down it rolled completely out into the open air.

:tu:

Your biggest problem is that you fail to see that one explanation, NASA''s, is perfectly reasonable and has happened before, namely pieces falling off of a spacecraft's landing gear, while the other is patently absurd and is an event that has never happened before, namely photographs of an alien arrtifact.

BTW, there was no diversion with the landing site marks, you jumped into a conversation which you had no clue about and now you are running away from it. Next time figure out what the grown ups are discussing before opening your big mouth or better yet, just stay out of it as you are too easily confused and disciplining you gets our posts deleted.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

What about it? You asked about the marks in the landing zone without bothering to read the thread to find that it had been already answered.

Are you satisfied with the answer given?

As for the object above, that has also been answered as NASA have supplied a very reasonable suggestion to what it is, based upon that fact that it is light and has moved around the scene and thus isn't rock or bone or the like, and which analysis reveals to match the colour of the material used for the landing bags and systen, and is thus probably a part of that, which you would know if you bothered to read the thread.

Quit pretending you're oh-so-clever with your Socratic method of asking questions of people in order to try and teach them a lesson. You blundered into a thread you hadn't read and then started barking questions about things already answered.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

What did Merc14 'admit' to?
You want to know why the diversion about the landing site marks? Using the word diversion implies a deliberate attempt to redirect attention. Who's doing that?

Ask qxcontinuum, who brought it up and made the ludicrous suggesting that it was caused by aliens. The reason it went on for so long is because he wouldn't accept the answer until it was knocked into his head by repeated explanations illustrated with pictures.

Why? What's unreasonable with the suggestion offered? Are you talking about the airbag bunny or the marks?

The explanation for the marks on the ground is as clear as day for anyone who can see the marks themselves, the pictures of the the inflated airbags and the fact that the marks were found on Opportunity's landing site.

You have the very strange idea that unless someone can provide you with an absolutely airtight mathematical proof of something, you somehow maintain that it is logical to deduce that it might be alien.

Given the facts surrounding both the airbag marks and the airbag bunny, is there anything that even remotely suggests ET or some sort of inexplicable mystery or are your ideological blinkers simply blinding you what is obvious (the airbag marks) or completely reasonable (the airbag bunny)?

Bad jokes won't dig you out of this hole.
  • Like 3