Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Found In Trash - A Box Of Otherworldly Notes,

seeder

Found in the Trash: A Box of Otherworldly Notes and strange drawings

Drawings of flying craft, statements like "“Now things start to get a little odd. It seems that the artist saw something in Tampa, FL in 1977 that changed him … This appears to be an early sketch of the event”.

http://www.messynessychic.com/2013/11/06/found-in-the-trash-a-box-of-otherworldly-notes/

• Like 9

Haven't had chance to look through it all, but at first glance - what a fantastic find! :tu:

Yes it is, a bit like the voynich manuscript but readable!

• Like 2

A Beautiful Mind ....yeah....probably scizophrenic....just saying...

• Like 3

The last documents seem to be a design for a railroad roller bearing. Typically a pair of simple taper bearings are used in RR truck applications. For reasons unknown, this design has counter-rotating cylinder bearings and a complex retaining race. I cannot imagine a railroad adopting such a design. It would be expensive to manufacture and would not offer any advantages over existing designs.

The person who created these documents clearly had extensive training as a draftsman. There is high degree of skill demonstrated in both the lettering and delineations,

• Like 2

Found another link with MANY zoom-able images, and therefore readable. The author seems to have an Ezekiel's Wheel thing going on..

scroll thru them here

http://imgur.com/a/uCSg1

Edited by seeder

Pretty neat, and weird :) the drawings kind of remind me of the artwork style of the Thoth deck, or a series of posters from Encyclopedia Britannica my parents had when I was a kid.

• Like 1

The crazy stuff seems to be from the 70's and 80's. There is even a reference to Omni magazine which was a pseudo-scientific magazine produced by Bob Guccione. Serious lowest-common-denominator stuff.

Edited by sinewave

Yeah, the guy was probably a draftsman or an engineer. The plastic like material is synthetic mylar, used commonly by draftsmen. I used to work with a fellow who was into drawing maps and such back before computers, the internet and satellite imagery.

I began my professional career as a draftsman then went on to get my BSME. The stuff look pretty familiar.

Apparently they belonged to a man by the name of Daniel Christiansen in St. Petersburg. At least that's the name some envelops are addressed to.

Edited by keninsc

Yeah, the guy was probably a draftsman or an engineer. The plastic like material is synthetic mylar, used commonly by draftsmen. I used to work with a fellow who was into drawing maps and such back before computers, the internet and satellite imagery.

I began my professional career as a draftsman then went on to get my BSME. The stuff look pretty familiar.

Yeah, that's probably modern vellum. It was used for presentation drawings or for archival purposes. Since the advent of computer drafting, those methods and materials have nearly vanished.

Several of the drawing are geometric which many draftsmen used to do in order to hone the drawing skills. I used to make many like them in my spare time back when I had my old drafting board and machine.

Yeah, they used to be common as dirt, now if you mention doing drawing on mylar or linen or vellum people look at you like you're wearing a bear skin and carrying a stone tipped spear.

He make a lot of references to OMNI magzine which died quietly in the eighties. I used to subscribe to it myself. The ex thought I was whacked for subscribing to it, but then I thought he subscription to Better Homes and Garden was strange as well.

The guy apparently was a very good free-hand drawer as well. He may have been a technical illustrator rather than a detail draftsman........he might have been both. My guess is the guy probably died and his family was just clearing out his things. That's the way of it, when we die everyone looks threw our deep personal stuff and then tosses it out in the trash.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 2

Several of the drawing are geometric which many draftsmen used to do in order to hone the drawing skills. I used to make many like them in my spare time back when I had my old drafting board and machine.

Yeah, they used to be common as dirt, now if you mention doing drawing on mylar or linen or vellum people look at you like you're wearing a bear skin and carrying a stone tipped spear.

He make a lot of references to OMNI magzine which died quietly in the eighties. I used to subscribe to it myself. The ex thought I was whacked for subscribing to it, but then I thought he subscription to Better Homes and Garden was strange as well.

The guy apparently was a very good free-hand drawer as well. He may have been a technical illustrator rather than a detail draftsman........he might have been both. My guess is the guy probably died and his family was just clearing out his things. That's the way of it, when we die everyone looks threw our deep personal stuff and then tosses it out in the trash.

Unless it has value then they fight over who gets to have / sell it.

• Like 1

True, that's why when I die I'm going to have a will with a no challenge clause. If you challenge the will then you get nothing, zero, zippo. Not that I have a great deal, but I have seen people fight over the damn lent in the dyer at times. "You really want great-grand mother's old underwear?"

Things people fight over, at times I simply don't understand, goes right over my head so high it doesn't even mess up my hair......what little hair I have that is.

Good find, seeder. Will be interesting as the docs are further examined and crtiqued.

• Like 2

Maybe those drawings were part of a sci-fi story he was planning to write.

i think it is a vintage engineer architectural sci-fi drawings. Maybe even a school project.

If signed by a renowned artist might bring some money at Antiques Road show. It is from 1920's no late than 1940's

Edited by qxcontinuum

i think it is a vintage engineer architectural sci-fi drawings. Maybe even a school project.

If signed by a renowned artist might bring some money at Antiques Road show. It is from 1920's no late than 1940's

It is from later than that. Some of the mechanical drawings are dated 1939 and others in the 40s's. The crazy stuff seems to be from the 70's and later. There is a mention of Omni magazine and there are late 70's dates on some of the artwork.

• Like 2

A few couple of the sketches remind me of ancient time telling devices.

The one with the figure with four heads, is reminiscent of Egyptian depictions of God's and alleged spaceman.

• Like 1

Definitely worth preserving: the overall feel is "schizophrenic," but a damned talented one.

• Like 1

I've seen also a Zoroastrian representation

There are some bits in the second gallery that are dated 1991 too.. Along with some pretty amusing kids drawings.

I strongly suspect it is not the work of a single person though I would not rule out an Alzheimer's victim.

• Like 1

Maybe those drawings were part of a sci-fi story he was planning to write.

I thought that might be the case as well, or a sudden interest resulting in research. It sure would be interesting to talk to him, I wonder if he would be like Man Ray or Zoser? Whilst the guy in the safari suit is always the most interesting guy at a party to speak to, deliberate ignorance is an entirely different thing.

This picture seems to show both what could be spaceships, as well as fairies. In many depictions we see religion and sci fi crossing paths. Artistic expression is very much individual, not sure why people look beyond the artist for such. They are paintings, not photos. One can paint a picture of Cat Dog, that does not mean any such creature ever existed.

1024x819xbox6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.O9BSHLrQiR.jpg

Edited by psyche101

This is really cool and I would love to know more about it. Perhaps, though, it is the mystery which makes it so much more interesting.

I am, however, surprised zoser hasn't shown up and declared this proof of ET's yet.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

This is really cool and I would love to know more about it. Perhaps, though, it is the mystery which makes it so much more interesting.

I am, however, surprised zoser hasn't shown up and declared this proof of ET's yet.

I agree, historical finds like this are more than interesting. Kudos to Seeder for spotting and sharing this one.

• Like 2