Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vimanas

Brian T. Johnston

In the Rig Veda the word used that was interpreted in the 19th century for chariot was vimana, so the idea that the concept of the vimana as a flying machine is post vedic is post vedic is in error. Also we find that there were energy weapons used sometimes termed as Indras iron thunderbolt was used during many battles to destroy the iron forts of the Dyasu, There were at time hundreds of thousands of people that died during dingle battles, These weapons were used via the vimanas which the deva used. The term deva was also erroneously interpreted as gods by the first translators and this has stuck. The term deva just meant a type of being that was not asura. The deva fought the asuras and this is the main theme of the rig veda. There in the older sections metaphors of the devas battling on the cosmic realm. This is found most frequently is the battles long ago between Indra and Vrtra. In some of the songs Vrtra lays upon the mountains blocking the rivers leaving a parched land where few people of animals lived. Indra struck Vrtra with his iron thunderbolt and released the floods and the rains came and the land turned to pasture and many cattle were found. Indra released the cows from the cave. This is an apt description of what happened at the end of the ice age. In this case Vrtra was the vast glaciers that lay atop the vast mountain ranges and then something happened, a great light in the sky and the ice melted. There are several possibilities as to what this might of been. About 13,000 years ago the Vela supernova exploded and it was near enough to bathe the solar system with enough radiation to significantly alter the climate. The second possibility is that a meteor struck and the blast brought about a climate change that ended the ice age and was responsible for the mass extinction of the mega fauna. The third possibility is that there was a vast explosion that destroyed the mega fauna and ended the ice age. Over Michigan about 13,000 years ago there was vast explosion that was the equivalent of a many giga ton nuclear explosion. The university of Michigan and McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada found that there was explosion that would have vaporized everything over a vast area of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Ontario that deposited vast amounts of radioactive fallout that can still be detected in the soil today. There is plutonium in the soils of all these area and plutonium is not known to exist outside of atomic reactions. What it really was no one knows, but it did happen. The researchers found that the blast was large enough to destroy the mega fauna east of the Rocky Mountains. They also stated that it reset the carbon 14 clocks and so it should be considered that many of the sites in the area around the centre blast area just north of Detroit instead of being 11,000 years old could be as much as 30,000 years old or more.

In the later Srimad Bagavatam there is a terrible war where Nrsimha Deva weilds a terrible weapon that destroy whole seeming continents and defeats the asuras. In this account emissaries come from many different planets after the devas defeat the asuras. They are are of course flying Vimanas. When we look at some of the scientific concepts found in the Rig Veda we find that they are extremely advanced. In 164th song of the 1st rig veda we find an exposition of astrology that did not exist again until the 17th century, and in many ways goes beyond what was found then and in fact resembles the astrology used by western astrologers in the 21st century. In there we find the concept of 4 elements, three qualities, sulpher salt and mercury. Seven planets, twelve signs and everything goes around the sun. These concepts were never found in ancient Roman or Babylonian astrology, other than the seven planets and 12 signs. The elements and qualities were only developed into the astrological system during the 18th and nineteenth centuries and refined in the twentieth century. And yet this fully developed system in found in a book that is at least 1400 years old and written down in the 8th century BC. The Babylonian astrology only developed in the 5th century BC and was not nearly as advanced as the system found in the Rig Veda.

No matter what you think about astrology it is constantly developing and advancing in the western systems and was only fully developed and refined the latter half of the twentieth century. The same system is found in the Rig Veda. The context in which the first Veda is found appears to be at the end of the last ice ice. The first veda is the oldest veda and yet twentieth century concepts are found there.

So did they have flying machines too?

Brian T. Johnston http://atlantisincanada.yolasite.com/

Love myths and ledgends like this, it makes for provocative thought and adds to a body of knowledge that is never fully explored...

But who were these poeple you mentioned, where did they come from?

Were they natives or non natives?

I'm sorry, but the description do NOT sound at all like the end of the last ice age, or explosions. In fact, can you present any evidence at all for the claim of explosions, or a supernova changing our climate, or a meteor impact causing a warming effect, or which 7 plants the ancients knew about, or why you think the Babylonians were not as advanced in astronomy, or why you care at all about astrology.

Your link has nothing at all to do with this thread.

Doesnt the OP know how to write in paragraphs??

Gives me a headache reading line to line.

Else, its all hogwash.

let me ask the OP....do you know sanskrit?

• Like 3

Agree with The Spartan. Paragraphs are great. And it looks less like you just copy pasted it from somewhere.

As to content I agree with The Spartans analysis as well.

• Like 1

Agree with The Spartan. Paragraphs are great.

So is sentence structure, spelling and proper punctuation.............

• Like 3

It seems like you have not read the vedas. If you read the 164th song of the 1st book of the rig veda you will see all the elements of the astrological system of the modern age. And yes this is important as the Babylonians are considered to have invented astrology. This was much later than the Rig Veda. The Babylonian system was much less complex than what is in the veda.

Why is astrology important?

It's not its just completely out of place in the context. How would concepts from the modern age be found in an ancient book?

If you read the rig veda then you would know that Vrtra lay upon the mountains and blocked the rivers from flowing and that there was a great light in the sky that caused Vrtra to be destroyed releasing he flood waters and causing the rains to come.

It seems that you just say things with no evidence. I don' have the verse in front of me right now so I can't tell you where to look, but I will try to find it later. And yes it says that Indra fired his iron thunderbolt at the iron fortresses of the Dyasu and destroyed them and hundreds of thousands of people died in the wars.

I did not copy and paste, I just type fast.

And yes I took it from the original Sanskrit.

Rig Veda

4 Thou smotest Vṛtra from the earth, smotest him, Indra, from the sky.

12 But Vṛtra scared not Indra with his shaking or his thunder roar.

On him that iron thunderbolt fell fiercely with its thousand points

And many, many other accounts are found there

It seems like you have not read the vedas. If you read the 164th song of the 1st book of the rig veda you will see all the elements of the astrological system of the modern age. And yes this is important as the Babylonians are considered to have invented astrology. This was much later than the Rig Veda. The Babylonian system was much less complex than what is in the veda.

Why is astrology important?

It's not its just completely out of place in the context. How would concepts from the modern age be found in an ancient book?

D'oh!

It was invented then. Why would it not be in ancient works?

And, despite advances in knowledge, there are still enough idiots around today that believe in astrology. Which explains why this ancient waste of time is still around today.

There exist no (none, not one) ancient work that mentions any planet in our system other than the ones that are plain to see with the naked eye.

That fact is absolutely irrefutable.

Regarding the Babylonians, their astrology stemmed from the Akkadian-Sumerian culture. The Rig Veda post-dates the Sumerian astrology by over a thousand years. Why would it not be more sophisticated?

Harte

Edited by Harte

The system of Babylonians was based on 360 degrees, 12 signs, 4 elements, 3 qualities, 60 minutes, 60 seconds, 24 hours to day. History tells us that they invented this around 600 BC and yet the oldest book of the Rig veda had this in it 1,400 BC and it is well known that this date is just when the books were beginning to be written down and that the songs had been extant for a very long period before this. This is similar to the Koran which was not written until long after the prophet died.

Did you ever roots? Kunta Kinti found about about his history from the professional rememberers. Remembering was the way records were kept before writing.

The Babylonian system of astrology which you use everyday to know what the day of the week it and what time it is and how long it has been a certain event has taken place had nothing to the Akkadian system. Even the Greeks and the Romans did not incorporate this into their astrological system. Read Ptolemies Tetrabiblos and you will find that the system recorded thousands of years before that was more advanced. The Akkadian system had very little to with the Babylonian system. Even the Ancinet Babylonian systems had very little to do with with the systems after the fall of Babylon to the Medes.

There is even the idea of the fifth regular solid and the fifth element in the 1.164. This was not discovered in Europe until Plato's time.

So did they have flying machines too?

NO!

Given that the Virmanas are described clearly in the texts, why not go build one if you think they're real.

• Like 1

The system of Babylonians was based on 360 degrees, 12 signs, 4 elements, 3 qualities, 60 minutes, 60 seconds, 24 hours to day. History tells us that they invented this around 600 BC and yet the oldest book of the Rig veda had this in it 1,400 BC and it is well known that this date is just when the books were beginning to be written down and that the songs had been extant for a very long period before this. This is similar to the Koran which was not written until long after the prophet died.

The Babylonian system of astrology which you use everyday to know what the day of the week it and what time it is and how long it has been a certain event has taken place had nothing to the Akkadian system.

If you must post as if you know facts, please check to make sure your facts are correct:

The greatness of Sumer can be measured in other spheres, too. Its sexagesimal system has reached us via the exact sciences. Our astronomers still divide the circle into 360 degrees with each degree divisible into 60 minutes and each minute into 60 seconds. The division of the hour into 60 minutes of 60 seconds each is also a legacy of Sumer. Whenever we look at a clock, we are reminded of our debt to Sumer.

From: Cyrus Gordon’s The Common Background of Greek and Hebrew Civilizations quoted here.

You can find similar info in this book.

Anyone claiming the Babylonian sexagesimal system is not related to the Sumerian simply has no information on either subject.

Harte

• Like 1

For the superficial, the content is not important.

LOL! You're so cold! ... but funny. :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know about the supposed bridge between India and Sri Lanka, mentioned in old texts.

Recently a photograph from space seemed to show such a bridge, but it could also be natural coral formation.

Did not want to start a new thread. But interested if old myths could have some truth...

Do you know about the supposed bridge between India and Sri Lanka, mentioned in old texts.

Recently a photograph from space seemed to show such a bridge, but it could also be natural coral formation.

Did not want to start a new thread. But interested if old myths could have some truth...

Use the search function instead. and you will find lots of information.

Put the term "Adams Bridge" in the search box.

Or "Rama's Bridge" might work well enough as well.

Harte

Put the term "Adams Bridge" in the search box.

Or "Rama's Bridge" might work well enough as well.

Harte

Then I come up with your latest post, above.

It's no use. If you know a link, kindly provide me with it, thank you.

Adams bridge - search returns are threads: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

- search returns as posts where the phrase appears:http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Rama Bridge - search returns are threads: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

- search returns as posts where the phrase appears:http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

I'm not at all sure if these links will work because the search function is an aopp. That is, each of the above links may well simply take you to a blank search page.

I'll check once I post this.

Harte

Adams bridge - search returns are threads: http://www.unexplain...ch&fromsearch=1

- search returns as posts where the phrase appears:http://www.unexplain...ch&fromsearch=1

Rama Bridge - search returns are threads: http://www.unexplain...ch&fromsearch=1

- search returns as posts where the phrase appears:http://www.unexplain...ch&fromsearch=1

I'm not at all sure if these links will work because the search function is an aopp. That is, each of the above links may well simply take you to a blank search page.

I'll check once I post this.

Harte

I assume they have been deleted.

I had hoped that you discussing this thing I might find out bout some conclusions,

as if it is truly a bridge,

or just a coral formation.

Then some Greek myths might also be true.

But why cannot they come up with a vimana wreck?

Would make all, much easier...

I had hoped that you discussing this thing I might find out bout some conclusions,

as if it is truly a bridge,

or just a coral formation.

Then some Greek myths might also be true.

But why cannot they come up with a vimana wreck?

Would make all, much easier...

Oh I will love to find a Vimana wreck. Imagine the implications, Aliens or a vestige to a unknow high tech earth civilization that vanished somewhere in a dark past.....