Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drones responsible for rise in UFO sightings

UM-Bot

According to the National UFO Reporting Center, UFO sightings jumped by 42 percent between 2011 and 2012.

Despite the rise in reports however, explanations for sightings of unidentified flying objects seem to be increasingly forthcoming. A recent spate of UFO activity pertaining to sightings of silent orange orb-like objects for example turned out to be the result of an increase in the use of Chinese lanterns.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/257665/drones-responsible-for-rise-in-ufo-sightings

Drone! You know you can't go outside and play pranks on the neighborhood kids until your homework is done.

Erm

No match there.

The article says they are deliberately adopting "traditional" UFO shapes. I assume that to mean they are looking to discredit witnesses of drone activity. I believe you are familiar with the concept.

Edited by sinewave

The article says they are deliberately adopting "traditional" UFO shapes. I assume that to mean they are looking to discredit witnesses of drone activity. I believe you are familiar with the concept.

An added psychological bonus when using them in the 3rd world. Unfortunately it appears those in the 1st world also are psychologically challenged enough to think they are UFOs too.

• Like 1

For a hovering craft an aircraft configuration is not needed , and a round shape makes sense as a plateform for cams , audio , and other equipment .

Edited by ROGER

Of course this was going to happen. Now most u f o "sightings will b written off as "Drones". Frustrating. Two steps forward one step back.

That will please the Aliens by mistaking their craft as a drone,it gives them licence to fly anywhere.

Of course this was going to happen. Now most u f o "sightings will b written off as "Drones". Frustrating. Two steps forward one step back.

Two steps forward? Since when has the UFO=ET hypothesis not been backwards thinking?

• Like 1

That will please the Aliens by mistaking their craft as a drone,it gives them licence to fly anywhere.

According the stories, they reserved that right years ago.

Might I add blimps to the mistaken UFO list; that from a distance appear as wonderful cigar shaped objects that appear to hover quite nicely and when turned forward/backward all but disappear.

• Like 2

Perhaps the government will build drones that drop balloons, chinese lanterns and parachute flares as they fly along?

No they won't, many are already recognised as RC, how is eliminating a known possible going backwards? That reduces the field, which would be helpful wouldn't it?

Boy I would Love to See someone Shoot a Drone down here in the USA ! Can you imagine just how fast they would be going to Jail? :tu:

Boy I would Love to See someone Shoot a Drone down here in the USA ! Can you imagine just how fast they would be going to Jail? :tu:

If it was done on private property it might be hard to fault the shooter. Especially if it happened in the western states.