Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bitstrips et al, are NSA Trojan horses.

Simbi Laveau

Well ya *knew* This had to be going on.

I'm told this may also be a hoax.

Can it be debunked.

~~~~~~~~

Bitstrips, the fun cartoon generation app growing in popularity on social media, is it turns out a Trojan horse from the NSA to tap your Facebook feed and cell phone.

Edward Snowden in his most recent disclosure revealed the origin of the bitstrip program.Bitstrip an NSA Trojan.

According to a statement from Snowden the NSA knew that someday their spying would be made public.

They knew that people would respond by demanding more privacy settings. So in response the NSA set up a team to develop apps that will by pass privacy settings, in a legal way.

In a statement from Snowden it said.

To use these apps you have to agree to the Terms of Service, and agree to give the app access to your Facebook profile. So these developers were tasked to develop apps that would go viral.

Games were looked at, but there are so many games out there already. Then someone said cartoons and comics.

Facebook is a visual platform, so pictures do well.

Snowden then details how nefarious this Trojan horse is. Even if a person does not use Bitstrips they may be giving the NSA access.

The act of clicking like or posting a comment on Bitstrip someone else posted allows the app a peek into your profile.

More here

http://callthecops.net/bitstrips-app-secretly-nsa-trojan-horse-access-private-data/

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 3

Seeing how prevalent those lame as hell cartoons are, I wouldn't be surprised. Although I doubt you're going to get any good espionage from people who are pleased by Bitstrips. :P

• Like 2

Well ya *knew* This had to be going on.

I'm told this may also be a hoax.

Can it be debunked.

More here

http://callthecops.n...s-private-data/

About Us

Call the Cops

This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact. Heck we tend to leave in spelling and grammer errors just to prove we is not the professional media. No reference of an individual, company, or government entity seeks to inflict malice or emotional harm.

http://www.hoax-slay...ojan-hoax.shtml

Edited by jules99
  • Like 2

You click on an app to install it, it asks for all these permissions, you don't question and download the app, thinking every thing is just fine. Perfect avenue for intelligence gathering.

Do folks really think the NSA needs for you to install something like Bit Strips to monitor your Facebook activity?

• Like 5

Oh the pain. The person who sent me this tidbit, knew it was a hoax, but wanted all his Facebook friends to stop posting Bitstrips.

Duped again!

Argh

*waves fist again*

:D

• Like 1

Holy crap. Seriously, can't trust anything these days :o

• Like 1

Seeing how prevalent those lame as hell cartoons are, I wouldn't be surprised. Although I doubt you're going to get any good espionage from people who are pleased by Bitstrips. :P

I doubt they are interested in "good espionage", whatever that might be. They are interested in accumulating data so that patterns of behavior might be discovered, is my guess. They must be able to fill that big storage facility in Utah, eh? :w00t:

• Like 2