Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How big can a person get ?

Saru

Can't watch the video but there was the guy in the 1920's in the States that was about 9 feet. His condition was unnatural of course and died in his late 20's.

So far, that's about it.

Can't watch the video but there was the guy in the 1920's in the States that was about 9 feet. His condition was unnatural of course and died in his late 20's.

So far, that's about it.

Robert Wadlow.

Was 8 ft 11 inches and 400 some odd pounds when he died at 22.

Something with his pituitary gland, I believe was the cause. The interesting thing was that his growth showed no signs of ending at the time of his death.

I did a report on him in elementary school and still remember it quite well.

Edit: Guess I could have just looked at his wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wadlow

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Always? Even when you reach for the highest shelf in the super market? ;)

Hmm. If they are going to put it up there I'm not going to buy it. Serves them right.

(Actually I don't run into that problem, I think because markets here know most of us Vietnamese, except the teenagers, are not so tall. The big commodity stores that have recently appeared provide all sorts of ladders and eager young men to climb up them for you).

The real advantage is airline seats.

• 2 weeks later...