Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kevin Trudeau - right where he needs to be

Rafterman

These guys make tens of millions off of Big Woo and end up, in some cases, doing irreparable harm and causing the deaths of the poor people who buy into their quackery.

In Trudeau, he made millions off of his "weight loss" secret that they "didn't want you to know about" - and what was this big secret? Eat a 500 calorie diet and walk a mile a day. WOW

I have to wonder how many early stage treatable cancers progressed due to someone trying the "coral cancer cure".

Now we just need to get Mercola, the Health Ranger, and a few others enjoying a nice long prison shower with him.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/11/14/kevin_trudeau_jailed_for_contempt_of_court.html

Kevin Trudeau: Quackery Promoter Jailed for Contempt

Writing about critical thinking and skeptical topics can be a thankless job, but sometimes a story comes along that makes it a lot easier: As reported in the Washington Post and the Chicago Tribune, Kevin Trudeau — a man who’s done jail time for fraud, a man who got rich making multiple false claims, someone who sold “coral calcium” claiming that it can cure cancer, and has been found in contempt of court for not paying a whopping $37 million fine laid on him — has again been found guilty of contempt of court, this time for “lying about the contents of his weight loss book in infomercials that aired seven years ago.

The difference between this time and all the others? He may be facing a lengthy sentence in federal prison.

You know Trudeau, even if the name is not familiar. He’s made and starred in countless late-night infomercials where he touts a series of “self-help” books dealing with money-making schemes, weight-loss programs, and natural “cures” (yes, writing about him means using lots of quotation marks). He promises to reveal the things “They Don’t Want You to Know About”, a clever marketing strategy that makes it seem as if The Powers That Be are suppressing information you need to get rich and healthy.

But his antics have dumped him in hot water many times, starting way back. The FTC filed a lawsuit against him in 1998, saying he made false and misleading claims in his ads about various “natural” cures. A court order forbade him from making such claims again in the future. In 2003 the FTC charged him with violating this ruling after he started promoting his ridiculous coral calcium cancer cure.

i like the health ranger. I love natural news. I hate Big Pharms.

I am more willing to die than I am to give Big Pharms long-term money for their poisons.

It does not surprise me that rafterman would start a thread like this. He appears to be into perception control.

As for deception, what happened to the AIDS epidemic that did not occur?

What happened to the SARS epidemic that did not occur?

What happened to the H1N1 crisis that DID NOT occur?

And our next healthcare SCARE is the bird flu, for I can see the scare factor starting to rev up. We will go thru wave after wave for viral scares issued from our governments and world health asssociations. Just know that they are deceptions whose end goal is to make money for the select few.

Rafterman only wants you to disbelieve the deceptions that DO NOT come from deceptive governments. Indirectly, I assume he is wanting you to believe the deceptions issued by governments, while you are to disbelieve what little truth is out there for you find.

And I have a health care background and profession.

Regular consumption of probiotics, a food with at least 10 bacterial strains, can keep the flu away better than the flu shot. Licorice root is constantly able to protect from and destroy any virial strain (I don't know about HIV, which may or may not give you AIDS, who knows?!). Make sure you know how to access licorice root (altiods?)

These guys make tens of millions off of Big Woo and end up, in some cases, doing irreparable harm and causing the deaths of the poor people who buy into their quackery.

In Trudeau, he made millions off of his "weight loss" secret that they "didn't want you to know about" - and what was this big secret? Eat a 500 calorie diet and walk a mile a day. WOW

I have to wonder how many early stage treatable cancers progressed due to someone trying the "coral cancer cure".

Now we just need to get Mercola, the Health Ranger, and a few others enjoying a nice long prison shower with him.

http://www.slate.com...t_of_court.html

Kevin Trudeau: Quackery Promoter Jailed for Contempt

Writing about critical thinking and skeptical topics can be a thankless job, but sometimes a story comes along that makes it a lot easier: As reported in the Washington Post and the Chicago Tribune, Kevin Trudeau — a man who’s done jail time for fraud, a man who got rich making multiple false claims, someone who sold “coral calcium” claiming that it can cure cancer, and has been found in contempt of court for not paying a whopping $37 million fine laid on him — has again been found guilty of contempt of court, this time for “lying about the contents of his weight loss book in infomercials that aired seven years ago.

The difference between this time and all the others? He may be facing a lengthy sentence in federal prison.

You know Trudeau, even if the name is not familiar. He’s made and starred in countless late-night infomercials where he touts a series of “self-help” books dealing with money-making schemes, weight-loss programs, and natural “cures” (yes, writing about him means using lots of quotation marks). He promises to reveal the things “They Don’t Want You to Know About”, a clever marketing strategy that makes it seem as if The Powers That Be are suppressing information you need to get rich and healthy.

But his antics have dumped him in hot water many times, starting way back. The FTC filed a lawsuit against him in 1998, saying he made false and misleading claims in his ads about various “natural” cures. A court order forbade him from making such claims again in the future. In 2003 the FTC charged him with violating this ruling after he started promoting his ridiculous coral calcium cancer cure.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 4

i like the health ranger. I love natural news. I hate Big Pharms.

I am more willing to die than I am to give Big Pharms long-term money for their poisons.

It does not surprise me that rafterman would start a thread like this. He appears to be into perception control.

As for deception, what happened to the AIDS epidemic that did not occur?

What happened to the SARS epidemic that did not occur?

What happened to the H1N1 crisis that DID NOT occur?

Rafterman only wants you to disbelieve the deceptions that DO NOT come from deceptive governments. Indirectly, I assume he is wanting you to believe the deceptions issued by governments, while you are to disbelieve what little truth is out there for you find.

And I have a health care background and profession.

I love people that are so naive. Put the word natural in there and the number of clowns jumping on it is hilarious. My favorite is Natural Lite beer that contains 40 industrial chemicals.

I love people that hate the Big <fill-in-a-category> just because it makes them feel less small. The real poisons come from herbalist that have no idea what they are dispensing. They assign a name to a product, but they have no idea what is the active ingredient or how much they are dispensing. They say its natural as if that means anything. They provide wild tales about what this herb does although they have no evidence for its efficacy. People die because they rely on these untested potions.

What happened to the AIDS epidemic. It has slaughtered entire regions of Africa or are you unable to read?

What happened to the SARS epidemic. It was contained or are you unable to read?

What happened to the H1N1 crisis? It was contained or are you unable to read?

What Rafterman and others understand is that various groups have done a bang up job identifying and addressing threats something that the herbalists and their potions could never do. All they ever do is sit and wait for something to happen and then hand out a meaningless sprinkle of whatever as if that does any good.

• Like 3

I have a hard time getting past the first sentence, due to you ridicule issues there. Would you care to paraphrase without the ridicule?

I have formal education in nutrition, chemistry, biology and A&P. I work in the health care field. I am an RN. And you, ridiculer?

I odn't know what happened in Africa, because most of what comes out of mainstream media is about perception control. Since I have not been to Africa, since I know no one who has died in Africa, I reserve judgement on what is said to have happened there. To me, reports are reports, and are NOT facts.

The same with the "containment of SARS", all I have is reports from deceptive governments. None involve facts.

These orgs and govs also do a bang-up job on deceptive practices.

Is there anything about my posts that indicate that I am illiterate?

I remind about the scandal with the WHO about all the money that was made on the H1N1 SCARE, a virus that was in circulation four to five month before the government did anything about it, during a presidential election year.

the question then becomes: How is Trudeau any more deceptive than Big Pharms and our governmental health agencies?

I love people that are so naive. Put the word natural in there and the number of clowns jumping on it is hilarious. My favorite is Natural Lite beer that contains 40 industrial chemicals.

I love people that hate the Big <fill-in-a-category> just because it makes them feel less small. The real poisons come from herbalist that have no idea what they are dispensing. They assign a name to a product, but they have no idea what is the active ingredient or how much they are dispensing. They say its natural as if that means anything. They provide wild tales about what this herb does although they have no evidence for its efficacy. People die because they rely on these untested potions.

What happened to the AIDS epidemic. It has slaughtered entire regions of Africa or are you unable to read?

What happened to the SARS epidemic. It was contained or are you unable to read?

What happened to the H1N1 crisis? It was contained or are you unable to read?

What Rafterman and others understand is that various groups have done a bang up job identifying and addressing threats something that the herbalists and their potions could never do. All they ever do is sit and wait for something to happen and then hand out a meaningless sprinkle of whatever as if that does any good.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 4

Thankfully some of these liars and cheats do get stopped. Trudeau in the slammer is a good thing.

It appears that liars and cheats within government are now getting stopped too. Poor kathleen, she used to be such a nice person prior to the Obama mind-wash.

• Like 1

Statins CAUSE Diabetes, (crestor) physical disabilites and serious liver issues.

Anti-psychotics KILL the elderly.

Fluoroquinolones (cipro and anything ending in floxin) MELT cartilage.

Most serial shooters are on anti-psychotics.

Can you afford these side-effects?

You only get one liver, unless there is an act of some god or you are rich. Your liver does 108+ functions in your body that we currently know of. Can you afford to destoy your liver so that your cholestorol appears good on some serum test?

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

I have a hard time getting past the first sentence, due to you ridicule issues there. Would you care to paraphrase without the ridicule?

I have formal education in nutrition, chemistry, biology and A&P. I work in the health care field. I am an RN. And you, ridiculer?

I odn't know what happened in Africa, because most of what comes out of mainstream media is about perception control. Since I have not been to Africa, since I know no one who has died in Africa, I reserve judgement on what is said to have happened there. To me, reports are reports, and are NOT facts.

The same with the "containment of SARS", all I have is reports from deceptive governments. None involve facts.

These orgs and govs also do a bang-up job on deceptive practices.

Is there anything about my posts that indicate that I am illiterate?

I remind about the scandal with the WHO about all the money that was made on the H1N1 SCARE, a virus that was in circulation four to five month before the government did anything about it, during a presidential election year.

the question then becomes: How is Trudeau any more deceptive than Big Pharms and our governmental health agencies?

All I have are your posts and to paraphrase you "To me, posts are posts, and are NOT facts."

What is so hilarious about your post is that you reject anything that is positive but accept without question scandals.

You ask is there anything about my posts that indicates I am illiterate. You are a scoffer. It's not that you didn't read. You simply scoff. I'd notice that immediately if you were tending to me and I'd reject you immediately. I consider that a dangerous trait.

It appears that liars and cheats within government are now getting stopped too. Poor kathleen, she used to be such a nice person prior to the Obama mind-wash.

Bash them all you want. Not the topic. The issue is seeing scoundrels such as Trudeau stopped.

• Like 1

Statins CAUSE Diabetes, (crestor) physical disabilites and serious liver issues.

Anti-psychotics KILL the elderly.

Fluoroquinolones (cipro and anything ending in floxin) MELT cartilage.

Most serial shooters are on anti-psychotics.

Can you afford these side-effects?

You only get one liver, unless there is an act of some god or you are rich. Your liver does 108+ functions in your body that we currently know of. Can you afford to destoy your liver so that your cholestorol appears good on some serum test?

With a rant like that I know I'd never want a scoffer anywhere near my family - ever!

To all who read this:

Ridicule is no longer a valid rebuttal. Surely you have all gathered that by now. The pot calls the kettle black. I ask you who you would more likely wish to believe.

Medical science has many good practices. They also have some really damaging practices. I recently had a rotator cuff surgery, and have recovered in record time with very little pain and near-perfect range of motion, despite the severity of the injury, so says the Dr. who gives me a 99% recovery category, because I combined the medical with the alternative, which I now call complementary medicine.

Trudeau was convicted about the deception REGARDING his book, but not about the content IN the book.

Governments and health organizations lie to you too. There are fool-proof ways to determine a lie from truth immediately. You must search for those techniques yourself and choose the one you feel most comfortable with. They are indeed out there to help guide you. Everyone should know at least one truth-telling technique. Use of these techniques is total and absolute personal empowerment.

In college, I was taught that there are opinions, reports and facts. Opinions speak for themselves. You must discern what it opinion. Reports are those things that are reported to you, and are by a very large percent what you read in mainstream media. Reports cannot BE facts. A fact is something is something solid and something you can verify for yourself, with the original form and so on. Most of the time, you get a report on what people want you to think are facts. Yet you have no real way to verify these facts. If you cannot personally verify them, they then become reports.

I will never be able here, nor anyone else for that matter, regardless of what you read, give you facts. All is report.

All I have are your posts and to paraphrase you "To me, posts are posts, and are NOT facts."

What is so hilarious about your post is that you reject anything that is positive but accept without question scandals.

You ask is there anything about my posts that indicates I am illiterate. You are a scoffer. It's not that you didn't read. You simply scoff. I'd notice that immediately if you were tending to me and I'd reject you immediately. I consider that a dangerous trait.

Bash them all you want. Not the topic. The issue is seeing scoundrels such as Trudeau stopped.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 4

To all who read this:

Ridicule is no longer a valid rebuttal. Surely you have all gathered that by now. The pot calls the kettle black. I ask you who you would more likely wish to believe.

Medical science has many good practices. They also have some really damaging practices. I recently had a rotator cuff surgery, and have recovered in record time with very little pain and near-perfect range of motion, despite the severity of the injury, so says the Dr. who gives me a 99% recovery category, because I combined the medical with the alternative, which I now call complementary medicine.

Trudeau was convicted about the deception REGARDING his book, but not about the content IN the book.

In college, I was taught that there are opinions, reports and facts. Opinions speak for themselves. You must discern what it opinion. Reports are those things that are reported to you, and are by a very large percent what you read in mainstream media. Reports cannot BE facts. A fact is something is something solid and something you can verify for yourself, with the original form and so on. Most of the time, you get a report on what people want you to think are facts. Yet you have no real way to verify these facts. If you cannot verify them, they then become reports.

So why do you ridicule the efforts of people to stop epidemics and those that report on epidemics?

I certainly am not going to believe the scoffer. I certainly am skeptical of someone tossing out claims of who they are.

And you need to learn why frauds like Trudeau are convicted as they are.

Enjoy that. I'll just sit over here enjoying my ever increasing life span and quality of life thanks to modern science-based medicine.

Your personal attacks against the messenger and refusal to even address the primary topic are noted.

Frankly, if you were an RN in my hospital and refused to get a flu shot opting instead to eat yogurt, your ass would be on the street looking for a job instead of endangering the lives of my patients.

• Like 6

Enjoy that. I'll just sit over here enjoying my liver damage and dependency on prescriptions thanks to modern science-based medicine.

FTFY

Edit to add -- the benefits of pharmaceuticals is undeniable. However what's also undeniable is that is it a business and when very large amounts of cash are on the table, morality takes a backseat. Pushing drugs out before proper testing has been completed, paying politicians to sneak loopholes into bills, providing "incentives" to have your drugs pushed to patients...

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

To all who read this:

Governments and health organizations lie to you too. There are fool-proof ways to determine a lie from truth immediately. You must search for those techniques yourself and choose the one you feel most comfortable with. They are indeed out there to help guide you. Everyone should know at least one truth-telling technique. Use of these techniques is total and absolute personal empowerment.

In college, I was taught that there are opinions, reports and facts. Opinions speak for themselves. You must discern what it opinion. Reports are those things that are reported to you, and are by a very large percent what you read in mainstream media. Reports cannot BE facts. A fact is something is something solid and something you can verify for yourself, with the original form and so on. Most of the time, you get a report on what people want you to think are facts. Yet you have no real way to verify these facts. If you cannot personally verify them, they then become reports.

I will never be able here, nor anyone else for that matter, regardless of what you read, give you facts. All is report.

Nice post and I whole heartedly agree.

One should be very careful about holding the medical establishment in awe. They are the best and the worst. How many times have they treated humans as guinea pigs? Do they still do that by administering their wonder mind drugs for depression and the like? I nearly lost a close relative two years ago to those evil quack pills.

I only know of KT through his network marketing exploits. Highly ambitious successful and motivated and a bit of a dreamer. That's really it. Perhaps too ambitious for his own good.

He upset a few people in Nutrition for Life if anyone remembers that company. Not a bad company that imho.

Apart from that I know little else about the guy.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 3

FTFY

Edit to add -- the benefits of pharmaceuticals is undeniable. However what's also undeniable is that is it a business and when very large amounts of cash are on the table, morality takes a backseat. Pushing drugs out before proper testing has been completed, paying politicians to sneak loopholes into bills, providing "incentives" to have your drugs pushed to patients...

As opposed to the COMPLETELY unregulated woo market that gives false promise after false promise, milking the gullible of hundreds of millions of dollars annually, and giving them nothing. AND lining the pockets of folks like Trudeau.

• Like 2

One should be very careful about holding the medical establishment in awe. They are the best and the worst. How many times have they treated humans as guinea pigs? Do they still do that by administering their wonder mind drugs for depression and the like? I nearly lost a close relative two years ago to those evil quack pills.

I only know of KT through his network marketing exploits. Highly ambitious successful and motivated and a bit of a dreamer. That's really it. Perhaps too ambitious for his own good.

He upset a few people in Nutrition for Life if anyone remembers that company. Not a bad company that imho.

I wonder how many people he sent to an early grave with his malarky?

• Like 1

As opposed to the COMPLETELY unregulated woo market that gives false promise after false promise, milking the gullible of hundreds of millions of dollars annually, and giving them nothing. AND lining the pockets of folks like Trudeau.

So....damned if you do, damned if you don't? Being part of the "guinea pig" generation is the pits. On the upside, 50 years from now researchers can look back at my generation and go "now we know what the long-term side-effects of drug-x are!" I'm happy to give future generations that knowledge...for science!

• Like 2

Because I am not at all convinced there were epidemics to be stopped. That was clearly expressed by me and thusly twisted in meaning by you.

And again the fraud was issued regarding what trudeau SAID about the book, but not convicted of the content IN the book. If you are capable of complex thinking, you will note the different easily.

So why do you ridicule the efforts of people to stop epidemics and those that report on epidemics?

I certainly am not going to believe the scoffer. I certainly am skeptical of someone tossing out claims of who they are.

And you need to learn why frauds like Trudeau are convicted as they are.

I wonder how many people he sent to an early grave with his malarky?

Far less people than Resulin, Propulsid, Vioxx, and Viagra have sent to their early graves. just to name a few RX drugs that kill. I did mention that anti-psychotics are killing the elderly, did I? Think about it, man!! All of this is easy to find the internet for the mind that actually quests.

Honestly, there is research out there about how many people die of pharmaceutical drugs and medical mistakes. But I am positive that you didn't complain about those deaths, right?

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 3

So....damned if you do, damned if you don't? Being part of the "guinea pig" generation is the pits. On the upside, 50 years from now researchers can look back at my generation and go "now we know what the long-term side-effects of drug-x are!" I'm happy to give future generations that knowledge...for science!

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't pretty much says it all. We are all headed for death. I prefer to head that direction with money to give to the kids, rather than buy pharmaceuticals that damagingly trades off one body system for the treatment of another body system. How do YOU prioritize this issue? I, for one, LOVE my liver.

I will seek the alternative treatment first and foremost, and utilize the medical field when it is necessary.

• Like 3

Greed has a way of bringing anyonen down a peg or two. Probably wiser not to engage in it.

• Like 1

Because I am not at all convinced there were epidemics to be stopped. That was clearly expressed by me and thusly twisted in meaning by you.

And again the fraud was issued regarding what trudeau SAID about the book, but not convicted of the content IN the book. If you are capable of complex thinking, you will note the different easily.

So I am dealing with someone incapable of even simple ideas. The conviction involved Trudeau. Even if you are correct that the "content In the book" was not the basis of the book that does not mean he could NOT HAVE BEEN CONVICTED on those issues. Is that too hard to understand?

I asked a simple question earlier and it was clearly way above your pay grade.

As far as your comments about epidemics it was not clear what you posted. Now I know you are more foolish that I had thought. Thanks for telling me how you could not possibly be involved in medicine.

Edited by stereologist

speaking as someone who genuinely need modern medicine in order to continue being alive, i always get a laugh at the whole "natural cures" crowd. it's a pretty bitter laugh, mind you.

anyway, glad that the fraud has been jailed.

• Like 1

Sorry buddy but i have watched Kevin Trudeau closely for years and so have many other people i know and everything he has shared that i and others have used always worked, in fact i know people who told me a number of times he is always being stopped by people telling him how effective the things he has shared has been, i myself have had nothing but success and its hard to ditch a guy when everything he does and says is public. All he does (and he admitgs this) is share what he finds that works, looks into them uses them and they work that simple, the weight loss book is great, he was basically giving the books away for free, most people don't know this but he didn't make any money from that book and it works, i know people who have lots crazy amounts of fat and still have it off and they look and feel great and he is in jail becaus he quoted the book on tv saying it was easy and BOOM he's in court over it, then 200,000 people email the judge to say it was easy (obviously it worked for them as well or they wouldn't have written the judge) and that was broadcasted on tv so theres no denying that.

Fact is people buy into the media, they are sold and lied to constantly and manipulated.

Facts, I and MANY other people have successfully used the information he has shared... oh and a lot of it was for FREE and the reason i became a repeat customer is because what he sells ... works!

I know a guy who used the information in the debt cures book which netted him over $10,000 dollars, the cures section i used for everything and it worked and i heard countless storys of success from all sorts of people from all walks of life, fact is the guy is on the level but he speaks out against the loss of rights, big pharma, he even speaks out against scams, so for people to try and make him look bad, it just doesn't wash with people who have had first hand experience over and over again that says other wise, i not only respect the man but he's really a hero for standing up against the government.

This is "some" of my experience, unbiased, as well as many other people, i just wouldn't waste my time if it wasn't, but if any of you wanna listen and believe lies from the media go ahead its your ass not mine, this isn't my opinion as much as it is my experience and findings, its overwhelming!

• Like 3

Pharmaceuticals when you calculate the deaths do to accidental overdose, abuse, allergy, and side effects is actually quite near the leading cause of accidental death rivaling auto mobile accidents. It's quite the epidemic.

Real Herbal medicine does not cause these things and is harmless. I have never herd of anyone overdosing on garlic.

Our bodies are designed by evolution to take in the chemicals around us and use them to our benefit. This is why drugs work in the first place. The nutrients and chemical make up of natural foods is supposed to be in our system, but we have replaced that with processed crap. No wonder the leading causes of death are related to what we eat. we are in a simbiotic relationship with the plants and animals around us. It's always been that way. Modern medical technology is awesome, but those rejecting evolved medicine simply because it was not created in a lab are makeing a grave mistake. And those with blinders on to the economic incentives for big pharm to push drugs are simply being willfully ignorant. I know people who's job it is is to try and convince doctors to prescribe new kinds of medications and these people are not doctors. Many doctors, you know the type that went to medical school and have a license are also herbalists.

Let me say that again so it sinks in pharmacuticles are the second LEADING CAUSE OF ACCIDENTAL DEATH. A close second with automobiles accidents being 1st. It's not some obscure woo woo statement. It's a fact. You merely need to look it up.

How many people are poisoned by herbal medicines again?

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 7