Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans do NOT come from Earth

sean6

Humans do NOT come from Earth – and sunburn, bad backs and pain during labour prove it, expert claims

A U.S. ecologist has claimed that humans are not from Earth but were put on the planet by aliens tens of thousands of years ago.

Dr Ellis Silver points to a number of physiological features to make his case for why humans did not evolve alongside other life on Earth, in his new book.

http://www.dailymail...ert-claims.html

Edited by sean6

This is very interesting and while some people may dismiss it without a second thought, this is something I have believed for quite a while. For quite a few reasons.

worms must be alien then too because they can't lay out in the sun either.

we as humans are subject to bad backs because we are too sedentary, and haven't kept those muscles developed adequately.

baby heads are large in proportion to their bodies because the rate of growth for an infant is very rapid. the body catches up in very short order. as a woman who has given birth I can tell you that yeah it's tough but it's doable. lol

• Like 3

I thought bad backs was because we still haven't gotten used to being fully bipedal.

• Like 1

I thought bad backs was because we still haven't gotten used to being fully bipedal.

this could also be why women have difficulty in childbirth.

• Like 1

While being bipedal gives us great advantages, it also has it's downsides. Spinal problems, back and joint pain, fallen arches, herniation, etc.

• Like 2

Yep, and those entire lines of primates evolving into human like creatures are... coincidence? Space magic? Next cinge inducing theory please.

• Like 4

This is not interesting in the slightest. It can be dismissed without a second thought because there are mountains of evidence that disprove this.

...and the sum total of his research has only been published by the Daily Mail. :yes:

• Like 5

this could also be why women have difficulty in childbirth.

Hmm..I guess I was under the impression that the difficulty for women came because, while the pelvis is wider, the birth canal is still quite narrow for a mammal (we are mammals, by the way)

• Like 2

Incest may have played a big part of the so called ills of modern man rather than a space born theory.

Then there is ground radiation and cosmic mutagenics as well as dietry mutagenics to account for the seeming 'troubles' of an upright species.

Hmm..I guess I was under the impression that the difficulty for women came because, while the pelvis is wider, the birth canal is still quite narrow for a mammal (we are mammals, by the way)

Though the pelvis became wider, it also closed in to facilitate bipedalism, resulting in the more narrow birth canal.

Yep, and those entire lines of primates evolving into human like creatures are... coincidence? Space magic? Next cinge inducing theory please.

I'm gonna go with space magic. It sounds fun.

• Like 1

I use to dismiss the theory of Mars being the original home of life (I know, but kinda on the same subject) because I saw it as an unnecessary complication when it is perfectly easy to posit that life began here.

However, life appeared so quickly after the earth solidified, and Mars was for maybe a billion years before the earth solidified a much more pleasant place. (The delay for the earth came from the collision that gave us the moon). So it now seems reasonable that life first evolved on Mars and then got transported via asteroid (rocks from Mars sometimes end up after a few million years on the earth when an asteroid or something hits Mars). This would help explain how life was able to appear so quickly here (time frame of millions rather than billions of years).

Of course it could be that life just naturally evolves quickly. One thing -- this gives us another good reason for exploring Mars and any fossils it may have much more closely/

• Like 2

I use to dismiss the theory of Mars being the original home of life (I know, but kinda on the same subject) because I saw it as an unnecessary complication when it is perfectly easy to posit that life began here.

However, life appeared so quickly after the earth solidified, and Mars was for maybe a billion years before the earth solidified a much more pleasant place. (The delay for the earth came from the collision that gave us the moon). So it now seems reasonable that life first evolved on Mars and then got transported via asteroid (rocks from Mars sometimes end up after a few million years on the earth when an asteroid or something hits Mars). This would help explain how life was able to appear so quickly here (time frame of millions rather than billions of years).

Of course it could be that life just naturally evolves quickly. One thing -- this gives us another good reason for exploring Mars and any fossils it may have much more closely/

I've always liked the panspermia hypothesis and found it quite plausible. The OP's, however, is complete hornswoggle and deserves to be derided. While life may or may not have originated here, humans certainly did.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

Please fasten your seatbelts and secure your tray table in the upright position! We're in for a wild ride. Next stop, woo-woo land.

It always amazes me how some intelligent people fall into weird belief structures.

• So I guess our sedentary lifestyle has nothing to do with bad backs, not to mention obesity.
  • Only human babies have large heads?
    cats-animals-kittens-background-us.jpg
    cute-english-bulldog-puppies.jpg
    I guess this ignores the fact that all mammals share this trait. Why do you think these pictures appear so cute? Maybe because the head/body ratio is bread into us?
  • Most animals have the common sense to get out of the sun. (http://www.smithsoni...-Sunburned.html) But humans can be amazingly stupid at times ...
    18063783_BG1.jpg
    Attractive, huh?
  • So the fossil record is wrong. Silly me.

Edited by Kahn
  • Like 3

oh good.. another book to put in the loo in case I run out of toilet paper..

• Like 3

Humans tens of thousands of years ago do not resemble the humans of today, which blows that theory out of the water, and gives further credence to the theory (it shouldn't even be called a theory anymore) of evolution and life evolving HERE on this planet.

What a ridiculous article.

• Like 1

This was well respected by the scientist forum earlier this year, but not humans but all forms of life, saying life came from asteroids in some sort of Bacterial form

Either it's a poorly written article, or it states baldly that humans may have come to earth on "comets or asteroids"--in which case we should be almost immune to sunburn or other high temperatures. Maybe the author meant pre-human microbes, but that's not how the link says it.

To argue from an observation (large cranium, small birth canal--although the female pelvis has built-in fissures to help accommodate this; back pain; sunburn), is a logical fallacy of some sort. It's akin to saying "the appendix has no known function in the human body, therefore it is a vestigial organ left over from our Alpha Centauri forbears."

I think I'll pass on this one until von Daniken and Stichin weigh in.

Edited by szentgyorgy
  • Like 1

...and the sum total of his research has only been published by the Daily Mail. :yes:

The original article was published by Yahoo.

Mankind is supposedly the most highly developed species on the planet, yet is surprisingly unsuited and ill-equipped for Earth's environment: harmed by sunlight, a strong dislike for naturally occurring foods, ridiculously high rates of chronic disease, and more - he told Yahoo.

And this topic has been posted on here already with Yahoo as the source.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=255492

• Like 1

I would not dispute an asteroid "seeding" life on the Earth. This guy thinks ET just plopped us here, fully formed. This is just as bad as the creationists, it just substitutes ET for God.

• Like 5

Another classic in the "I don't understand this therefore aliens did it" theories.

Ya know, one time I looked up in the sky and saw the moon had turned red! Really! Must have been aliens done that.

• Like 2

I posted this on another thread but I think it fits better here,...

You have probably heard about how humans share over 98% of their genes with some chimps. But did you know that you share about 50% of your genetic makeup with a banana?

Thanks to the Human Genome project, which mapped all the genes in the human body and allowed them to compare our genes with other life forms. Here are some other interesting comparisons: We share 60% of genes with a Fruit Fly, 75% with a mouse and 80% with a cow! Its interesting to think how little different all living things are. Scientists say that this is because plant and animal life separated about 1.5 billion years ago, and the genes we share are due to our common ancestors.

And to think that some people still believe that humans didnt evolve on Earth! :wacko:

• Like 3

I try to be opened minded but that article was the stupiest crock of **** I've heard yet.

sunburned, sore backs, rough child birth, really........ really?

How about the fact that we've become a bunch of lazy, weak, malnirished pussies!

And when I use those words I don't mean them to be derogitory, but a way to describe what the advent of machines and processed food has done to us. Every thing we do and eat every day just continues to make us weaker then the day before.

And consider that fair skinned people evolved in the north, hence less sun and more clothes, that we grew our food and worked the fields and hunted all day to eat and survive and didn't lay down on a fake piece of chemical foam to sleep, that women have been having babies leaned up against a tree for thousands of years, weak women or weak fetus's weren't supposed to procreate or survive, that we have large heads to protect and house our large brains. I could go on and on and on but I just wanted to make a point against the idiot that wrote the whatever it is.

• Like 4

Humans do NOT come from Earth – and sunburn, bad backs and pain during labour prove it, expert claims

A U.S. ecologist has claimed that humans are not from Earth but were put on the planet by aliens tens of thousands of years ago.

Dr Ellis Silver points to a number of physiological features to make his case for why humans did not evolve alongside other life on Earth, in his new book.

http://www.dailymail...ert-claims.html

what a load of twaddle, but here is an article that says the bible was right, we do in fact come from....CLAY!

"Was the Bible right? All life on earth 'may have come from clay"

All life on earth may have come from clay according to new scientific research, just as the Bible, Koran and even Greek mythology have been suggesting for thousands of years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10431863/Was-the-Bible-right-All-life-on-earth-may-have-come-from-clay.html

BUT - What anyone needs to remember is, we ARE ALL MADE OF STAR STUFF, particles of the universe itself. The wise will understand that statement

typos

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2