Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Documents reveal Area 51 Cold War secrecy

UM-Bot

Several newly declassified documents have lifted the lid on Area 51 and the struggle to keep it a secret.

It was only a few months ago that the first documents acknowledging the existence of the base were released to the public. Far from being a home to captured alien technology however these documents revealed the base to have been a testing ground for a number of more conventional operations such as the U-2 and OXCART aerial surveillance programs.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/257880/documents-reveal-area-51-cold-war-secrecy

Regardless of what documents are declassified, some people will still believe alien technology is stored there. Very well might be. We'll probably never know, at least in my remaining lifetime.

ITs in the Bahama`s !

And Welcome to the Show cyclopes500 ! Lets Find Area 42 ! :tu:

Or at least 43 ! Now Thats a Drink I can get behind ! Anyone Know what that is in here ?

Us Texans Love it !

UFO's are still a great cover for their new and improved ways of killing people.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 1

I think it's so funny that when the government acknowledged Area 51 a few months back, all the skeptics were like, "See, told you! Case closed!" Yes, as if the government would actually admit they were doing anything with alien technology. Now I don't have a firm belief one way or the other, but the whole thing is a joke... and these "secret documents" that are being released are only really confirming what we started hearing 20 years ago about the aircraft being tested there. Like someone above me wrote... people will always believe, and who knows, maybe fact is stranger than fiction... but either way we will never really know.

• 4 weeks later...

All the good UFOlogists know they moved to the new Area 51ish base some years ago. Once people started learning of the existence of Area 51, they moved it to someplace in NW Utah/SW Idaho. Still haven't seen anything on Google Earth....wait.....maybe.... Nope, still nothing.

mfluder dude ! They did move area51 all of us know this now ! The real trick was to release the fact`s that area51 was real,and we are moving it. Now for the Real shocker !

THey actually didnt move it ! ITs been right under our noses all this time !

Would you like to know where this is ? :alien::no:

They will Kill you you know this right ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What I never really understood is what is it that keeps americans from having say 20 of them driving to the edge of area 51 and all of them releasing a hexacopter each equipped with HD cameras streaming live and recording in their cars All at the same time, and see what happens. The worst they'd get would be some fancy firework-like explosion show. We have countless stupid youtube videos of people driving up to the fences just to turn around and go back home. Seriously, how much brains does it take? Just don't tell me they can't afford it. Do it instead of a holiday, great adventure plus adrenaline, and the prospect of finding out some secrets, let alone the hefty amount you'd get for such footage.

• Like 1

Watched a programme about the storage there, well, what they didn`t mind us knowing about.

No aliens, but to be quite honest, I would feel a lot safer if there were aliens there, what they are really storing and concealing is far more frightening.

What I never really understood is what is it that keeps americans from having say 20 of them driving to the edge of area 51 and all of them releasing a hexacopter each equipped with HD cameras streaming live and recording in their cars All at the same time, and see what happens. The worst they'd get would be some fancy firework-like explosion show. We have countless stupid youtube videos of people driving up to the fences just to turn around and go back home. Seriously, how much brains does it take? Just don't tell me they can't afford it. Do it instead of a holiday, great adventure plus adrenaline, and the prospect of finding out some secrets, let alone the hefty amount you'd get for such footage.

They would arrest you even on the perimeter and If your little drones could even fly the 15 miles to the actual base then they would collect them up and add on spying on an American facility !

And Fine you,jail you ,scare the Ba-Jesus outta you and all your co-hearts ! Believe-you-me ! They do not mess around out there,ITs a very serious place !

We do secret Flight testing and weapons development there ! But It would be Nice to see whats underground there Indeed ! :tu:

The possibility of fines and jailtime stops them. It is trespassing, even if only by remote) and by using an aircraft you're also liable for FAA fines (it is restricted airspace after all).

20+ years in jail getting roughed up and detained by the military and essentially disappearing forever is what stops people from even attempting anything as stupid as flying in drones into area 51, you wouldn't make it a mile down the highway before you were stopped and tossed in the back of a truck.

• Like 1

Don't get the whole jailing bit, I mean they'd have a hard time proving anything. All you gotta say is, "not my copter, sorry". What's more, the copters can work based on gps position set as target, so you don't even have to be there. You leave the copter outside the fence and drive home and send the commands remotely. Do it at night if you want, use night cameras. The possibilities are endless to stay anonymous. Do you guys mean that, "there is no way", that you wouldn't be able to come up with ideas, even if your lives depended on it? why are you trying to make is seem impossible? So if I let go of a balloon in Kiribati an the wind blows it over area 51, then they come and kill me? How close do you have to be for them to "get you"? Because you can start this from as far as you want you know...

yes because "not my copter sorry" is a valid excuse once they take you in for fingerprinting and find it all over your copter. and as if you'd be able to get away with just leaving a drone by the fence just how stupid do you think these people are? there are people CONSTANTLY monitoring that base as soon as people get within a certain range of the base they know about it and are already watching you they know your vehicle make and model they have you on surveillance. this isn't an empty base where nobody is around and you can just sneak up to the fence without anybody noticing you. jesus. the possibilities are not endless that's just stupid, use night vision cameras and do it in the dark? yeah ok because they also don't use the same tactics at night... oh wait... they do.

They wouldn't kill you for launching a balloon but if they found out who did they'd certainly be questioned as to why they were stupid enough to to let something get into restricted airspace and you would probably face a nice little fine if they found out who did it. This whole idea is stupid its a restricted facility with damn good security your ass isnt getting in that base your crappy drones arent getting in that base nothing is getting in that base unless its cleared with them period. thats how it works curiosity killed the cat and you overly curious people put yourself in danger by ignoring the warnings in place, but hey put yourself in that position and face fines or jail time or worse death, your own damn fault.

ITs the main reason one never really hears about the really stupid people that have dissapeared in this area ! Remember that every year in America several hundred people around the country go totally missing ,never to be found or maybe its just how they want it to be ! Who knows? I wouldnt go across the Property line at Area 51 for any price !

Even the rocks have eyes & Ears ! :tu:

• Like 1

Don't get the whole jailing bit, I mean they'd have a hard time proving anything. All you gotta say is, "not my copter, sorry". What's more, the copters can work based on gps position set as target, so you don't even have to be there. You leave the copter outside the fence and drive home and send the commands remotely. Do it at night if you want, use night cameras. The possibilities are endless to stay anonymous. Do you guys mean that, "there is no way", that you wouldn't be able to come up with ideas, even if your lives depended on it? why are you trying to make is seem impossible? So if I let go of a balloon in Kiribati an the wind blows it over area 51, then they come and kill me? How close do you have to be for them to "get you"? Because you can start this from as far as you want you know...

That's a fascinating scenario you describe. :-*

As to the thread title, this cannot be a surprise to anybody who's been paying attention over the last several decades, anybody with a realistic historical perspective. The government lied to us??? :w00t: Holy ****, that's never happened before. Can we bring up the blatant deception practiced at Roswell?

Ike was right and speaking out as best he could. The MIC tail wags the dog, and that's not good. But it is reality. The whole truth must be really amazing.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 1

Someone has actually had been arrested in Area 51, can't remmeber where it was but apparently it was just a fine

• 4 months later...

Those damn inconsiderate Americans. Hiding their defence secrets from the world like that. How dare they?

• Like 1

YEah ! THey Bury everything way underground so All the eMole people can get the Good Stuff ! Bob Lazar types !

THen THey Battle it out and Kill off hindreds of Aliens, ANd We never get to See it on the Nightly NEws !

:tu: