Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Upton Bill Passes House : 261 - 157

CyberKen

The Republican Bill offered by Fred Upton passed the House November 15, 2013. :tu:

39 Democrats defected and hopped on the Bill Clinton row boat ( Think Titanic ).

261 Voted - Yes

157 Voted - No

12 Did Not Vote

Official Count Here:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll587.xml

The article is here:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/15/House-Passes-Upton-Fix-for-ObamaCare

post-142056-0-27463800-1384546632_thumb.

Glad to have heard this(I saw this previously on CNN)

Changes in the ACA are much needed.

• Like 1

Glad to have heard this(I saw this previously on CNN)

Changes in the ACA are much needed.

- If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan. -

unless of course a Republican offers a bill that makes sure it really happens.

Crooks, every single one of them. I wouldn't believe them if they said the sky was blue.

• Like 4

Crooks, every single one of them. I wouldn't believe them if they said the sky was blue.

I wouldn't trust them to open a can of baked beans that was already open.

• Like 2

Of course it will never pass the Senate or be signed by the president. The Goppers are attention !!!#!!#s.

Of course it will never pass the Senate or be signed by the president. The Goppers are attention !!!#!!#s.

Which would be really mature of el Presidente, wouldn't it?

It's on his desk, the people elected to speak for the people have spoken and he says "sod off".

• Like 3

Why would the Senate oppose a bi-partisan measure such as this?

• Like 4

This bipartisan bill has passed the House.

Now we get to wait and see what kind of goodies Nancy Pelosi throws in her bill.

Which would be really mature of el Presidente, wouldn't it?

It's on his desk, the people elected to speak for the people have spoken and he says "sod off".

First it's not on his desk. Second, it is his job to uphold his ideals. Maybe you just don't understand the legislative process.

just because it has some bipartisan support does not make it right or good. In fact, the Senate will drop kick this into the little round file just like all the other Gopper Teapartier attempts to kill the ACA. And rightly so.

First it's not on his desk. Second, it is his job to uphold his ideals. Maybe you just don't understand the legislative process.

Well as I live in a Constitutional Monarchy, I kind of expect my head of state to be a figurehead and for the two Houses of Parliament to do all the legislating.

We elect them (may God forgive us) and they make the legislation and the Head of State signs them into Law. Why does the Head of State do that? Because the people we elected to make decisions made a decision. The people spoke and the Head of State listened.

• Like 2

In the US, the president signing the law is not just a rubber stamp.

I'm genuinely curious now. Have there been any other instances of Presidents ignoring the will of the Senate and the House of Reps?

• Like 1

I'm genuinely curious now. Have there been any other instances of Presidents ignoring the will of the Senate and the House of Reps?

Yes, President Richard Nixon had a bunker mentality.

Yes, President Richard Nixon had a bunker mentality.

And did things go well for him?

(nope)

the wiki is your friend. there have been thousands. Obama has vetoed two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_vetoes

• Like 1

The Presidents job is NOT to "uphold his ideals"... The Presidents job is to Administratively represent the PEOPLE, just as Congress Legislatively represents us and the Judiciary represents us ...er um... Judicially...

Politicians in a Democracy (all forms) are Public Servants not Public Masters... Though most of them quickly forget that....

• Like 3

The Presidents job is NOT to "uphold his ideals"... The Presidents job is to Administratively represent the PEOPLE, just as Congress Legislatively represents us and the Judiciary represents us ...er um... Judicially...

Politicians in a Democracy (all forms) are Public Servants not Public Masters... Though most of them quickly forget that....

Oh , i see. So it is not King Obama ?

That explains why everybody is keeping a very close eye Obama's Approval Numbers. 39% and falling.....

The next drop will occur November 30, 2013 when HealthCare.gov is still DEAD.....RIP.

Oh , i see. So it is not King Obama ?

That explains why everybody is keeping a very close eye Obama's Approval Numbers. 39% and falling.....

The next drop will occur November 30, 2013 when HealthCare.gov is still DEAD.....RIP.

I never once said "King" Obama... Nor did I mention any one particular politican... And approval ratings are important BECAUSE they are servants...

If they were truely "Masters" our approval would be a moot point...

I never once said "King" Obama... Nor did I mention any one particular politican... And approval ratings are important BECAUSE they are servants...

If they were truely "Masters" our approval would be a moot point...

Obama's Approval Rating % is very low.

More importantly, Obama has lost credibility. Nobody believes what he says.

- If you want to keep your doctor, you can keep your doctor. -

- If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan ---- PERIOD !

Well, Pinocchio Obama got 4 Pinocchio's from the Washington Post.

---------

Democrat Kirsten Powers says Obama needs to stop lying. She says Obama keeps calling her old plan - substandard -.

That makes her blood boil. There was - nothing - wrong with her old plan that just got cancelled.

The truth is that this is all just - wealth redistribution - . People who can afford to pay more are subsidizing people who cannot.

The White House is NOT saying that.

----------

Well, good for you Kirsten! It's called - Subterfuge - and it's right out of the Secular Progressive Tool Box.

• Like 1