Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

theater owners must give popcorn and soda

danielost

This is nother anti obamacare thread.

The federal government has just passed a new law. Everybody in the country has to go to the theater once a week. Theater owners must give each custemer a large popcorn, large soda, and candy. Theaters must allow the poor in to watch the movie for free. Theaters must allow the blind in for free.

What do you think will happen to the price of a ticket. That is what is happening to healthcare. Obamacare has decided that everyone must buy insurance for children, even if you don't have any kids.

• Like 5

Umm..while I am certainly no fan of Obamacare I would like to know where you got this information because that seems a bit much to swallow.

Ooops....I should clarify that I am asking about the buying insurance for kids even if you have none and not the fictional thing about the movies.

Edited by Ryu

The federal government has just passed a new law. Everybody in the country has to go to the theater once a week. Theater owners must give each custemer a large popcorn, large soda, and candy. Theaters must allow the poor in to watch the movie for free. Theaters must allow the blind in for free.

The federal government passed a law ...:huh:

• Like 1

And for some reason we never heard of this law until now? Remember kids: Alex Jones is not a legitimate source of news.

• Like 2

I stopped going to the cinema when a fight broke out at the Hotdog stand.I told my wife to leave it but she was adamant she wanted mustard.My Nachos were lovely though even if I did have to eat them in the car on the carpark. :cry:

• Like 2

And for some reason we never heard of this law until now? Remember kids: Alex Jones is not a legitimate source of news.

No such law was passed; it is just an allegory to the Obamacare mandates that we are just now getting full wind of.

• Like 1

No such law was passed; it is just an allegory to the Obamacare mandates that we are just now getting full wind of.

That was the point I was making, as such law would be grabbed on by the news the second it was introduced in Congress.

If it were Obamacare then the law would say that everyone would have to buy a ticket

This is nother anti obamacare thread.

What do you think will happen to the price of a ticket. That is what is happening to healthcare. Obamacare has decided that everyone must buy insurance for children, even if you don't have any kids.

If the law was like Obamacare, wouldn't it be that everyone had to buy a ticket once a week?

• Like 1

The ACA doesn't make you buy insurance for your kids, it says you must have coverage and if you get coverage it includes your kids. As for being "forced" to buy something you are also forced to buy car insurance if you drive a car, pay taxes, pay into Social Security, drive speed limits etc. That you're angry a President you don't like signed in law legislation that changed health insurance coverage is your right, but there are many things the government expects of it's citizenry that we are not allowed to say no to. If you do not pay taxes you go to jail or have to pay fines. So acting as if this health care initiative is somehow beyond the scope of what government just because you don't like it doesn't make much sense.

• Like 4

I have gone this far without health insurance and I am not appreciative of being forced to buy it now.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

Ooops....I should clarify that I am asking about the buying insurance for kids even if you have none

This is true. The insurance plan under ACA must meet these 10 essential benefits, if it did not, it is considered "substandard":

The following 10 “essential health benefits” are required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010:

-Ambulatory patient services, also known as outpatient care.

-Emergency room visits and services.

-Hospitalization.

-Maternity and newborn care.

-Mental health and substance-use disorder services.

-Prescription drugs.

-Rehabilitative and habilitative services.

-Laboratory services.

-Preventive and wellness services.

-Pediatric services, including oral and vision care.

-Source: www.HealthCare.gov

I have gone this far without health insurance and I am not appreciative of being forced to buy it now.

Don't comply. My husband and I aren't and neither are my family members or any of my friends.....The government can go suck it.

• Like 5

I still think that the government should force everyone to buy at least one gun.

I hope you are kidding on this. I sure don't need any government cronies sending in S.W.A.T teams to bash down my door at 1 am to see if my gun is "stored" properly then blow my brains out because I used it to defend myself from a late night assault.

• Like 2

I still think that the government should force everyone to buy at least one gun.

I think so too.....In fact if you don't own a gun, you get a ticket....and the cops get to shoot you in the foot just to prove their point. ;)

This would certainly create a rise in dental care and slimming societies.

• Like 1

I hope you are kidding on this. I sure don't need any government cronies sending in S.W.A.T teams to bash down my door at 1 am to see if my gun is "stored" properly then blow my brains out because I used it to defend myself from a late night assault.

That is why you hide them from the government! :)

Umm..while I am certainly no fan of Obamacare I would like to know where you got this information because that seems a bit much to swallow.

Ooops....I should clarify that I am asking about the buying insurance for kids even if you have none and not the fictional thing about the movies.

Its ncluded in the new insurance that you will have to buy, according to fox and the man who wrote the law.

• Like 1

We are just hearing about it, because polosy, congersswoman said we would have to pass the law to know what was in it.

Because the democrats said the law would have to be passed in order to know what is in it.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 2

If it were Obamacare then the law would say that everyone would have to buy a ticket

If the law was like Obamacare, wouldn't it be that everyone had to buy a ticket once a week?

That is what isaid using the word you. But the government will pay for the poor to see the movie.

The ACA doesn't make you buy insurance for your kids, it says you must have coverage and if you get coverage it includes your kids. As for being "forced" to buy something you are also forced to buy car insurance if you drive a car, pay taxes, pay into Social Security, drive speed limits etc. That you're angry a President you don't like signed in law legislation that changed health insurance coverage is your right, but there are many things the government expects of it's citizenry that we are not allowed to say no to. If you do not pay taxes you go to jail or have to pay fines. So acting as if this health care initiative is somehow beyond the scope of what government just because you don't like it doesn't make much sense.

Let's see in order for you to own a car you have to buy insurance.

In order to breath you must buy insurance.

Yep looks like the samething to me. Except you don't have to buy a car, you do have to breath.

• Like 3

Let's see in order for you to own a car you have to buy insurance.

In order to breath you must buy insurance.

Yep looks like the samething to me. Except you don't have to buy a car, you do have to breath.

To me, it seems as if they are taxing people just to live....When will the nanny state and it's sheep supporters realize you can't force people to buy or not buy something, whether it be forcing people to buy health insurance or forcing people to not do drugs? People are gonna do, whatever their gonna do and no amount of legislation is going to change that.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

I didn't have health insurance when I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I was laid off my job, end of insurance. What a nightmare, after that I can't even get life insurance much less health insurance. You will eventually need medical care for one reason or another. If you cut your leg open with a saw you're going to want medical care, While you're there they discover you have cancer, so who is suppose to pay for that. People without insurance usually use the ER as their Dr.

I think the problem is they didn't offer a public option. I think we should just put everybody on Medicare and charge based on income. If you want more than that you can buy an add on.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 1