Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is truth absolute or relative?

gsr

Is there absolute truth? Is all truth relative? What are the consequences of each position? May both exist simultaneously? Is either exclusive ot the other? What are the bases of either state of truth?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• Q-La

• Discordia

• kikuchiyo

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an absolute truth, but because of my physical condition my truth is relative? They are not mutually exclusive. Absolute truth is based on the absolute and is absolute in it's absoluteness, personal relative truth is based on personal perception and how it's tempered with input and the perceived self... the abolute does affect the relative and can be percieved but only in part and is sometimes not recognized, sometimes is... like when a meteor falls on your head it's a peice of the absolute connecting with the relative...

or not.

good question

I think there is a logical explanation to almost everything. That is what makes everything so interesting. There is truth to everything you just have to find it even thought it might not be right there in front of you.

My two cents on it...

If you say there's no absolute truth, you're stating that there's an absolute thruth: that there is no absolute truth, and that is a contradiction.

My two cents on it...

If you say there's no absolute truth, you're stating that there's an absolute thruth: that there is no absolute truth, and that is a contradiction.

324874[/snapback]

So basically we will run around in circles trying to answer this.

well technically a "truth" is some thing absolute and unchangeable...if it's not absolute or changeable it's not a truth, but a "theory"

Is Truth absolute or relative, my question to this is, can you answer this question with absolute truth, or would it be relative because the answers given are plausible theories but cannot be proven? Or maybe this doesn't make sense to me and I'm confused wacko.gif

Truth always becomes more truthful perceptively when put in a context of relativity. When truth is in its absolute context it is not as perceptible as truth becomes the homogenous quality of existence.