Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Physicists plan 'Very' Large Hadron Collider

UM-Bot

If our sun were to become a black hole, its event horizen would be no bigger than the sun is now. It,s mass would also be the same. All crammed to the point of a needle or smaller.

It would be much much smaller than that.

Exactly right, which is why tremendous energy and momentum is required to try to produce them in the supercollider. The question in my mind is if there is a natural process for them to form in nature. I saw a Lawrence Krauss video a while back where he said that small pocket universes might also be formed in the collider but to us they would appear to be tiny black holes. I confess I don't really understand this but it fascinates me to no end.

A black hole can be a universe. Imagine approaching the event horizon were essentially you are accelerating to the speed of light du to the equivalence principal, but its possible to cross the speed limit because it is space itself so you are not really moveing that fast relative to space itself.. After crossing it you encounter an ever expanding dimension. To you it looks like a direction but expanding everywhere, to us ( if we coukd see it) it looks like an ever shrinking point or at least mathmatically it looks that way. This is purely an exercise of course, tidal forces would shred your very atoms to bits. So much so that in the black hole, looking back all you could see would be a very dense point of pure energy. But of course looking back is more like looking back in time because the dimention you are sliding down is an ever moveing target. In fact it is now your time dimension.

Are you ready for the real surprise. If somehow you could look back as you aproach the event horizon and watch the rest of the universe, you would see it slow down and freez in time. Now you might assume that that would be it, but remember it is space itself causing the acceleration so the limit does not apply. You are now on the other side of the event horizon and moveing away from it watching space time start to accelerate and expand again. But remember we are pretending to look out and watch the rest of the universe. So we essentially watched time slow down then rewind to the Big Bang.

What does it all mean. It means that if you watch a black hole be born, you are not witnessing the birth of a different universe. You are witnessing the birth of our own. Chew on that for a while ;)

• Like 1

OK mind officially blown. This video by Dr. Krauss I was watching had this question and answer portion at the end where this guy asked Krauss about the possibilty of recreating a mini big bang event under lab conditions and he said it might be possible and that while inside it it would appear to be expanding while to us on this side it would appear to be collapsing into a black hole. What you are saying would seem to go along with that

Edited by spacecowboy342

OK mind officially blown. This video by Dr. Krauss I was watching had this question and answer portion at the end where this guy asked Krauss about the possibilty of recreating a mini big bang event under lab conditions and he said it might be possible and that while inside it it would appear to be expanding while to us on this side it would appear to be collapsing into a black hole. What you are saying would seem to go along with that

Yes. Have you ever wonderd how the bb could have avoided being a black hole itself i. space had to be expanding so very fast at 'beginning'. If we are in a black hole right now, the. We can say that space did collapse, much like turning something inside out.

Yes. Have you ever wonderd how the bb could have avoided being a black hole itself i. space had to be expanding so very fast at 'beginning'. If we are in a black hole right now, the. We can say that space did collapse, much like turning something inside out.

I have wondered along those lines before. I have also wondered if every black hole could be a separate universe where space had turned inside out