Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ice Hotel Forced To Install Fire Alarms

Still Waters

Makes since who would want their hotol melting withot being alarmed.:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

PHEW! Just as well I installed some fire alarms in my freezer last week!

Although, apparently you can actually easily start a fire on snow/ice with the right materials, and I actually remember they had reindeer skins on some of the ice seats a few years ago. Alcohol and reindeer skins are a recipe for disaster!

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 1

PHEW! Just as well I installed some fire alarms in my freezer last week!

[media=]

[/media]

Although, apparently you can actually easily start a fire on snow/ice with the right materials, and I actually remember they had reindeer skins on some of the ice seats a few years ago. Alcohol and reindeer skins are a recipe for disaster!

Not sure if this is a regular thing inside the hotels. I doubt these materials will be part of the complimentary package along with the teeny bar of soap and sachet of shower gel.....but who knows, maybe now thay can now they have fire alarms.

Surely hard hats would be more suitable, especially for those who visit in the spring...

It's a shame, I've always wanted to stay there and light one of my own farts just to see what happened. Better not try now.

• Like 1

I suppose a sprinkler system is in the works for next year.

The sprinkler system is already installed, it works in conjunction with the fire... ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 6

:innocent: More bored legislators creating work to make it appear they do something. Some parliment members nephew owns the smoke alarm manufacter no doubt.
  • Like 2

Thanks you! Said the local electricians union who installed the needless fire alarms.

Based on my experience in Swedish socio-political culture, this is not surprising. There is a leveling tendency, both in society in general and jurisprudence in particular, which tends towards overarching expectations, mandates and processes. This tendency often defies particularities. Although it is changing, Sweden has--for a long time--been a profoundly homogenous milieu. Therefore, I can hear (even in Swedish) the demand, "If you want your hotel permit renewed you must install fire alarms."

Of course, someone already pointed out that the high proof vodka, reindeer skins, kitchen facilities and clothing of guests can all be, to some "degree," flammable. But don't look for flexibility in the law or in local boards, councils and magistrates. A hotel is a hotel is a hotel. . .

• Like 2

It's a shame, I've always wanted to stay there and light one of my own farts just to see what happened. Better not try now.

If you do, please post a video.