Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

O'Hare UFO and Dan Aykroyd Seven Years Later

O'Hare UFO and Dan Aykroyd Seven Years Later!

Hi all,....I was meaning to make this thread a couple of weeks ago to mark the seventh anniversary of the famous O'Hare UFO Incident of November 7th 2006. , ...but didn't find the time.

It is more of a disappointed observation of nothing happening, than a celebration of the positive-outcome the the event showed so much promise of!

...firstly, for anyone that may have somehow missed it, here is a brief summary of what happened on that day....

...and here's the
video that was leaked from a News room, showing unedited discussion of the Chicago O'Hare Airport UFO case among news broadcasters....

...particularly interesting was the fact that Both United Airlines and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) first denied that they had any information on the O'Hare UFO sighting until the Chicago Tribune, who was investigating the report, filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. The FAA then ordered an internal review of air-traffic communications tapes to comply with the Tribune FOIA request which subsequently uncovered a call by the United supervisor to an FAA manager in the airport tower concerning the UFO sighting....and here are quotes from the transcript of Sue, a United supervisor, and Dwight a tower operator. ...

Sue: This is Sue from United (laughter)

Tower: Yes (serious tone)

(12 second pause)

S: There was a disc out there flying around.

T: There was a what?

S: A disc.

T: A disc?

S: Yeah.

T: Can you hang on one second?

(pause, 33 seconds)

T: Okay, I'm sorry, what can I do for you?

S: I'm sorry, there was, I told Dave, there was a disc flying outside above Charley 17 and he thought I was pretty much high. But, um, I'm not high and I'm not drinking.

T: Yeah.

S: So, someone got a picture of it. So if you guys see it out there--

T: A disc, like a Frisbee?

S: Like a UFO type thing.

T: Yeah, okay.

S: He got a picture of it. (laughs)

T: How, how, how high above Charley 17?

S: Well, it was above our tower. So...

T: Yeah.

S: So, if you happen to see anything... (she continues to laugh)

T: You know, I'll keep a peeled eye for that.

S: Okay.

...and here is an uncompromisingly-scientific report from Dr Richard Haines and eight of his equally qualified associates at NARCAP that squashes the official 'Weather Anomaly' explanation for a multi-witnessed UFO that hovered above one of the worlds busiest airports for 2-5 minutes in broad daylight before suddenly ascending at speed ,and leaving 'A Hole in the clouds' where it had passed through!....

...In the aftermath of the incident there were at least three photographs of the object hanging over O'Hare Airport that quickly circulated the internet...each one purporting to be 'genuine',...but as often is the case ..have subsequently been debunked!...here is one such picture...

Ohare+UFO+11-07-2006.jpg

...and along with the 'fake pictures' there has also been video clips doing the rounds, that have similarly been dismissed!

...Nothing new there then!...but my biggest disappointment as regards to this event being no different to all the other tantalisingly-promising events...is that I thought that there was a sufficiently high-profile investigator in a position to nail this case down, and once and for all blow the lid off of the official secretiveness that shrouds ufology and the ETH question!...and that was none other than the world famous actor/comedian and fellow UFO-nut "Dan Aykroyd"!!

Yes , Yes!...I realise that being a big famous star of entertainment doesn't automatically afford a person any great advantage in the disturbingly hard and convoluted discipline of ufological studies...but when the guy actually came out and declared that he had this one sewn-up and was in possession of the actual 'photographs and tapes' that would not only compliment the testimonial-evidence of all of the respectable-witnesses...but positively confirm the reality of 'A Real Solid UFO Being Present At O'Hare International Airport' that day....well I was both impressed and excited!!....

29c88189-80d9-4ea9-8ef9-518457281dda78.jpg

....But here I am, five years on....Still Waiting!!!!
facepalm.gif

So my question is....What's the deal with Dan Aykroyd and his claims of having the 'O'Hare smoking gun evidence'?...has he latterly found out that he had purchased fake evidence, and therefore binned it?...or...Did he make the announcement of having it, before he had actually got it in his hands, and subsequently failed to obtain it?...or...Did he actually get his hands on the 'good stuff' but was then muscled out of it by some clandestine agency?...or...Was his claim nothing more than a lie that he perpetrated as a publicity stunt for his up-coming book and documentary?...or...something else that has eluded me?

.Well!..are there any genuine photo's, and even film relevant to the incident?...and what do you guys think of Dan Aykroyd's unfulfilled threat to deliver the goods?

Cheers.

Edited by 1963
  • Like 4

Danny boy is a well know believer in the paranormal.... Ghosts, Life after Death, ET visitations and all that good stuff. I heard him talking about this with Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Startalk radio a while back. His father was a true believer and could communicate with spirits.

Hrm, ok.....

Does Dan have any "smoking gun" type evidence..... I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

BUt At least HE`s got a Tale to Tell ! ANd just maybe someday ! HE can get the Band back together ? :clap:

• Like 1

what I recall most from this case was that after hovering for awhile it suddenly took off, and so fas,t it cut a hole outline of the ufo in the clouds. Pretty impressive.

• Like 3

I think this is a pretty good example of why some UFOs are difficult (if not impossible) to figure out. People saw *something* then the *something* simply took off through the cloud cover. I seriously doubt this one will ever be identified.

• Like 1

Just on that interview transcript - that is some of the silliest dialogue I've ever seen, and I find it very hard to imagine two 'professionals' talking like that in an environment where any un- or mis-identified object/aircraft could potentially cause the deaths of hundreds of people from a mid-air accident. That not-withstanding, note that "Sue" doesn't actually say she saw it and sounds more like she was simply relaying a story. Then Dwight from the tower goes off for 33 seconds - one would *hope* to do a fuil look-around and also ask for any corroborative sightings or unidentified radar contacts from his crew, and then comes back with a few pretty much laughable questions to Sue's laughter.. One wonders, maybe he knows what Sue was like? If there was any serious concern, there would be no laughter about something like that - this was ..what.. 5 years after 911?

But then to demolish the Dan Akroyd bit.. he has no video and never had it - here is the man himself - skip to 3:00:

[media=]

[/media]

Although of course he is only saying that because the MIB got to him, right? I note the rather convenient pause while he works out how to respond, and the fact that he is signing bottles of his own brand of vodka - never miss an opportunity to make a buck, I say!

:

Very cool info OP. I will go through all of it when I have more time.

I have only recently begun to see UFOs.

I saw one as a child, then never again.

In the last year, I've seen two, and had one of those weird noises in the sky incidents, that scared the crap out of me, so they are absolutely becoming a common event as of late.

I don't know if that's because it's all just advanced technology that's secret from the public, or ET is just phoning home.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

The absence of evidence is very often attributed to secrecy and conspiracy. This is just a story like all of the others.

Edited by sinewave

The absence of evidence is very often attributed to secrecy and conspiracy.

Tantamount to saying - We cant show you good evidence because we dont have any.

Very cool info OP. I will go through all of it when I have more time.

I saw one as a child, then never again.

In the last year, I've seen two, and had one of those weird noises in the sky incidents, that scared the crap out of me, so they are absolutely becoming a common event as of late.

I don't know if that's because it's all just advanced technology that's secret from the public, or ET is just phoning home.

Ah, you gotta detail what you've seen in the last year.

Seeing something that you cant identify isnt that extraordinary,... people do that every day, all over the world.

If those were our only two options I know what I would put my money on.

Really nothing more than a "cool story bro" as far as I'm concerned.

If a real craft did what is claimed over the 5th busiest airport in the world, there would be so much photographic and other evidence that it would be impossible to hide.

The fact that there isn't is telling.

Really nothing more than a "cool story bro" as far as I'm concerned.

If a real craft did what is claimed over the 5th busiest airport in the world, there would be so much photographic and other evidence that it would be impossible to hide.

The fact that there isn't is telling.

Exactly, and it is not like it is in the middle of nowhere. The area around O'Hare is densely populated and there is a busy interstate highway (I-294) just to the east with a very clear view of the terminal buildings. I cannot imagine no one would have snapped a picture of something so unusual. The time of day puts it at rush hour when traffic on 294 is close to a stand-still. Plenty of time to notice flying saucers.

The absence of evidence is very often attributed to secrecy and conspiracy. This is just a story like all of the others.

You forgot disinformation, which the U.S. government excells in.

• Like 1

And what disinformation from the U.S. government have you discovered in this case?

And what disinformation from the U.S. government have you discovered in this case?

Nothing on this case specifically, but many examples going back over many, many decades, beginning with yes, of course, Roswell. Another example, in 1986 a Japan airline Flight from Paris to Toyko took a refueling landing stop in Anchorage Ak. Before arriving the pilots were in contact with the FAA concerning sighting of a ufo the size of an aircraft carrier, which had paced their 747 for half an hour.. The ufo was tracked both on FAA traffic control radar and military radar. The story leaked out later, The Anchorage FAA office called the Chief of the FAA Office of Accident and Investigation in Wash. D.C. to ask how they should deal with media requests. The Chief told them to send them all radar and voice tapes of this sighting. The Chief had meetings with White House science advisors, CIA Officials, and others. When the meeting was done the CIA took the tapes and told the Chief of the FAA Accident Investigation, that the ufo sighting had never happened, that all the data was confiscated and that they were sworn to secrecy.

Tantamount to saying - We cant show you good evidence because we dont have any.

Difficult to get; straight and simple. They don't hang around for long, when they do move they do so in the blink of an eye. Not many people spend their waking hours staring at the clouds.

What seriously do you expect.

Welcome to Ufology.

That is still a null hypothesis and does nothing to strengthen the case.

Nothing on this case specifically, but many examples going back over many, many decades, beginning with yes, of course, Roswell. Another example, in 1986 a Japan airline Flight from Paris to Toyko took a refueling landing stop in Anchorage Ak. Before arriving the pilots were in contact with the FAA concerning sighting of a ufo the size of an aircraft carrier, which had paced their 747 for half an hour.. The ufo was tracked both on FAA traffic control radar and military radar. The story leaked out later, The Anchorage FAA office called the Chief of the FAA Office of Accident and Investigation in Wash. D.C. to ask how they should deal with media requests. The Chief told them to send them all radar and voice tapes of this sighting. The Chief had meetings with White House science advisors, CIA Officials, and others. When the meeting was done the CIA took the tapes and told the Chief of the FAA Accident Investigation, that the ufo sighting had never happened, that all the data was confiscated and that they were sworn to secrecy.

Government secrecy legitimate or otherwise is not confirmation of ET involvement. Yes, governments have secrets. In some cases it makes a great deal of sense. Assigning meaning to those secrets without substantial evidence is irresponsible.

Besides, how do you know all of that FAA CIA stuff actually happened?

Edited by sinewave

Difficult to get; straight and simple. They don't hang around for long, when they do move they do so in the blink of an eye.

Sounds like insects. Except insects exist.

Difficult to get; straight and simple. They don't hang around for long, when they do move they do so in the blink of an eye.

Yes, they do. I would've missed out if I had gone for my camera. Not that a picture would make a damn bit of difference.

• Like 2

That punch holes in clouds?

:blush:

Again, you are merely accepting that which validates your beliefs and are failing to think beyond that. I live near that airport and can tell you with a high degree of certainty that if such a thing happened it would have be witnessed by more than just 6 people.

Edited by sinewave

Again, you are merely accepting that which validates your beliefs and are failing to think beyond that.

The people that were there know more than we do. Very simple.