Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

O'Hare UFO and Dan Aykroyd Seven Years Later

What amazes me about this event is that one would think the FAA would take this serious 5 years after 911. If a small single engine plane came into the airspace without authorization, action would have been taken. But an Unknown Object is disregarded? Now that's a mystery in itself.

Yes it is a mystery, but we have no witnesses, the thing sat there for what 5-20 minutes and not a single person thought to tale a photo? Not only that but what does that say for Aliens? They zipped across the galaxy to check out OHare Airport, and thought the snack bar was insufficient so they moved onto the next inhabited solar system?

Logic is a two way street mate.

Yes it is a mystery, but we have no witnesses, the thing sat there for what 5-20 minutes and not a single person thought to tale a photo? Not only that but what does that say for Aliens? They zipped across the galaxy to check out OHare Airport, and thought the snack bar was insufficient so they moved onto the next inhabited solar system?

Logic is a two way street mate.

I never mentioned aliens in my previous post. Just that an unknown object invaded airspace and the FAA dismissed it.

After 911, airport security was beefed up but it seems that Unknowns aren't included as a threat to collide with planes,

or a possible hijacked jet by Al-Queda heading towards an airport to do serious damage. I don't think I'll fly anytime soon

if the FAA is going to have a Double Standard View on this issue.

I never mentioned aliens in my previous post. Just that an unknown object invaded airspace and the FAA dismissed it.

No you did not, Dan Ackroyd did, who is mentioned in the thread title.

After 911, airport security was beefed up but it seems that Unknowns aren't included as a threat to collide with planes,

No, even still today, Narcap record those anomalous events but are stretched thin. When I reported my NZ UFO they had nobody who could asses it as they have nobody anywhere near there.

LINK Narcap Blog

LINK Narcap

or a possible hijacked jet by Al-Queda heading towards an airport to do serious damage. I don't think I'll fly anytime soon

if the FAA is going to have a Double Standard View on this issue.

Depends if Barbara Bodine is in charge of that or not I suppose?

Airport security? My gawd has it gone ballistic.

I read some time ago about this poor elderly woman with a titanium pole in her leg went thru security, and of course, it showed up in x-rays. What a hard time they gave that woman!

No, sorry, whatever was at O'Hare that day, I have to view the apparent slip shod brush off that the FAA has given this incident as not real, as in reality, until it is investigated, the FAA must view it as a potential security breach of a major kind.

in other words, I don't believe the FAA. Their actions belie their words. I am sure they were all over the incident.

that's what we call in America, a "tell".

• Like 1

Airport security? My gawd has it gone ballistic.

I read some time ago about this poor elderly woman with a titanium pole in her leg went thru security, and of course, it showed up in x-rays. What a hard time they gave that woman!

No, sorry, whatever was at O'Hare that day, I have to view the apparent slip shod brush off that the FAA has given this incident as not real, as in reality, until it is investigated, the FAA must view it as a potential security breach of a major kind.

in other words, I don't believe the FAA. Their actions belie their words. I am sure they were all over the incident.

that's what we call in America, a "tell".

He is speaking of airspace, not the terminal Geez. No wonder you get every damn thing assabout.

One would think 5 years after 911 both the terminal and airspace would have the highest security in fear of

another takeover of an airline to use as a missile and action would be taken to deal with the situation.

Not just O'Hare but any International Airport throughout the world.

• Like 1

One would think 5 years after 911 both the terminal and airspace would have the highest security in fear of

another takeover of an airline to use as a missile and action would be taken to deal with the situation.

Not just O'Hare but any International Airport throughout the world.

Like I say, I could not even report my NZ UFO to NARCAP who are an independent body that specifically looks into exactly that. When I mentioned it here, Lost Shaman mentioned Ted Roe at NARCAP and despite him being a top bloke, he just does not have the resources. Military would pick up unwanted bogey much earlier than the airport RADAR wouldn't they?

Military would pick up unwanted bogey much earlier than the airport RADAR wouldn't they?

The military does have more advanced radar but if they detected the object they didn't contact O'Hare that I know of.

And were there any reports of military jets scrambled to investigate the situation? Never heard of any reports.

Lets say for sake it was an experimental secret craft. Why fly it around a busy airport, especially after 911?

• Like 1

The military does have more advanced radar but if they detected the object they didn't contact O'Hare that I know of.

Hi Hawkin :)

I doubt that our advanced radar technology would matter much at all to them.

Hypothetically speaking, do you think it's possible that a chameleon - like cloaking mechanism, as well as the possible, unfathomable ability, to become

invisible to the human eye - and to radar....if they choose?

Is it also possible (lets say) for the "unidentified" flying object/objects to have the ability to evade and penetrate the worlds

most advanced radar systems?

I wonder if these other worldly beings have been displaying their supremacy over our vulnerabilities in regards to our backward technology -

in comparison to their own?

• Like 2

Hypothetically speaking, do you think it's possible that a chameleon - like cloaking mechanism, as well as the possible, unfathomable ability, to become

Is it also possible (lets say) for the "unidentified" flying object/objects to have the ability to evade and penetrate the worlds

I wonder if these other worldly beings have been displaying their supremacy over our vulnerabilities in regards to our backward technology -

I'm just pointing out that if it's one of ours and flying it near airports, that's not a good idea after 911 and the FAA isn't doing their job.

• Like 1

And were there any reports of military jets scrambled to investigate the situation? Never heard of any reports.

I never heard of any such report, and the fact that military did not contact OHare seems to indicate this might be natural phenomena of some type. They say it shot straight up through clouds punching a hole (sounds dubious but giving the benefit of the doubt)

Have you ever heard of a Naga Ball? They exhibit the same behaviour but come from water, they simply shoot straight up into the air. Something of a mystery still to this day as to why. Would it not be sensible to consider an earth based phenomena which exhibits the same behaviour as a starting point as opposed to alien species visiting the planet?

Lets say for sake it was an experimental secret craft. Why fly it around a busy airport, especially after 911?

Malfunction, which experimental craft are particularly prone to.

Edited by psyche101

Thing is UFO's show up on RADAR all the time, but the RADAR tracks show they do not go into, or come from space, whatever those UFO's are that RADAR has tracked started here and are still here.

I'm just pointing out that if it's one of ours and flying it near airports, that's not a good idea after 911 and the FAA isn't doing their job.

If natural phenomena and not showing up on RADAR I am not sure what more they could possibly do.

Thing is UFO's show up on RADAR all the time, but the RADAR tracks show they do not go into, or come from space, whatever those UFO's are that RADAR has tracked started here and are still here.

If natural phenomena and not showing up on RADAR I am not sure what more they could possibly do.

The Hole Punch Cloud theory was proposed but was dismissed because it takes certain conditions to form a hole in the lower

levels. Ice crystals from the upper level fall to the lower level of clouds and punch a hole in it. That day the upper level temps were

recorded at around 50F where 32F is the freezing point. To warm to form ice crystals.

• Like 1

The Hole Punch Cloud theory was proposed but was dismissed because it takes certain conditions to form a hole in the lower

levels. Ice crystals from the upper level fall to the lower level of clouds and punch a hole in it. That day the upper level temps were

recorded at around 50F where 32F is the freezing point. To warm to form ice crystals.

NagaLight3.jpg

• Like 1

Would it not be sensible to consider an earth based phenomena which exhibits the same behaviour as a starting point as opposed to alien species visiting the planet.

It would be a good starting point. But when those options have been exhausted, maybe the illogical should be considered.

• Like 1

It would be a good starting point. But when those options have been exhausted, maybe the illogical should be considered.

I do not believe they have even been approached in that instance, not as far as UFOlogy is concerned in any case.

We have a great deal to learn still, Hessdalen was a inspirational ice breaker.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, and I understand that -

But you didn't really give an answer. Remember, they are only "hypothetical' questions. :innocent:

:st

• Like 1

Yes, and I understand that -

But you didn't really give an answer. Remember, they are only "hypothetical' questions. :innocent:

:st

If it is an another civilization visiting our planet from another world, then yes they would be way more advanced then us.

We've only been to the moon a few times and by comparison to a civilization that traverses the stars to get here would be

way above us in technology. Even though today we realize that the planets and the sun doesn't revolve around earth like

once thought. There are still those that think we humans are the pinnacle of creation. It's a vast universe and to think we're

the only ones is arrogant.

• Like 3

Man... you got astronauts testifying and weighing in, and how many academics, and professionals? How long now?

But, you are never going to convince the hardened materialist, and skeptic. At least until they themselves are hauled up and examined.

• Like 2

I never knew Dan was a paranormal fan. How much fun is that, considering he was one of the original Ghostbusters?

• Like 1

Well, here is the thing also.

Since Einstein we have known that Time and Space, and Gravity are all interconnected and related.

If you do have a gravity shielding situation then you may have the interdimensional situation, correct?

Which would enable the operators to pop in and out from one location to another in an instant. Violating time restrictions.

Isn't it true also that in the greater scheme of things, and in the greater reality, that size, location, distance, weight.... have no real reference and meaning, are relative, and can be ignored or dismissed?

And, what is the big difference then, between the terms "interdimensional", and "paranormal"?

--------------------------------------

"Time and Space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."

Einstein

Edited by Holographic60
  • Like 1

Well, here is the thing also.

Since Einstein we have known that Time and Space, and Gravity are all interconnected and related.

If you do have a gravity shielding situation then you may have the interdimensional situation, correct?

Which would enable the operators to pop in and out from one location to another in an instant. Violating time restrictions.

Isn't it true also that in the greater scheme of things, and in the greater reality, that size, location, distance, weight.... have no real reference and meaning, are relative, and can be ignored or dismissed?

And, what is the big difference then, between the terms "interdimensional", and "paranormal"?

--------------------------------------

"Time and Space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."

Einstein

Interesting post, thanks :tu: