Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Viking apocalypse will be February 22, 2014

Still Waters

If Vikings were here today, the sounding of a distinctive horn in York would have created chaos.

The ancient instrument, blown last night, signalled exactly 100 days until the end of the world, according to Norse mythology.

Legend has it that the Norse God, Heimdallr, would blow the mythical Gjallerhorn to warn of the Viking apocalypse, also known as 'Ragnarok'.

http://www.dailymail...ruary-2014.html

• Like 1

Well everyone's gotta get on the End of the World Prediction Bandwagon and we cannot leave out the Vikings.

I guess Winter really is coming. ;)

• Like 6

They blew the horn which is supposed to bring about ragnaroc? Thanks for betting for the rest of us that it isn't true. Now I have to dust off my armor and get back into Viking shape to help Odin and achieve glory. Actually been waiting many years for this so about time!

• Like 5

All these end of the world predictions by people who died out years ago!

How many Mayans or Vikings do you see around today? no signs of them predicting their own demise.

• Like 2

Hey....shut up

This isn't any ordinary end of world, with saddness and pain and suffering.

This is Ragnarok, an eternal Metal Album cover on LSD

• Like 6

Finally, and end of the world I can go out in an orgy of violence and destruction!

• Like 6

I think I'll be camping at a Pagan festival that weekend. Should be interesting.

• Like 2

All these end of the world predictions by people who died out years ago!

How many Mayans or Vikings do you see around today? no signs of them predicting their own demise.

You are soooooooo wrong on that one. It is the decsendants of Vikings that rule the world. That's why the Mayan apocolypse didn't happen, they were weak, but us Vikings are strong. HAIL & KILL! DEATH TO FALSE METAL! THE END IS HERE BY ODIN SO GET READY! Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

You are soooooooo wrong on that one. It is the decsendants of Vikings that rule the world. That's why the Mayan apocolypse didn't happen, they were weak, but us Vikings are strong. HAIL & KILL! DEATH TO FALSE METAL! THE END IS HERE BY ODIN SO GET READY!

Haha, well I learn something new everday.

The Mr Cohen and Epsteins and now the Chinese are all descendants of the vikings.

Anyway, I'm game for this, just supply me with a real armour dress and i'm there.

Haha, well I learn something new everday.

The Mr Cohen and Epsteins and now the Chinese are all descendants of the vikings.

Anyway, I'm game for this, just supply me with a real armour dress and i'm there.

Would you also like a winged steed and a mystical bow? (I know a guy)

For some reason this story makes me very happy for real. I'm really feeling all Demiao like

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

If Vikings were here today, the sounding of a distinctive horn in York would have created chaos.

The ancient instrument, blown last night, signalled exactly 100 days until the end of the world, according to Norse mythology.

Legend has it that the Norse God, Heimdallr, would blow the mythical Gjallerhorn to warn of the Viking apocalypse, also known as 'Ragnarok'.

http://www.dailymail...ruary-2014.html

I seriously doubt the authenticity of any connections to ancient Viking mythology of this article.

Are guns allowed in this apocalypse or just Vikings era weapons?

Don't be that person SL.

Don't you rain on our parade

I much share in your sentiments here too, but wishful thinking K.

Edited by spacelizard667

Don't worry, Thor will prevent Ragnaroc. He's done it many times in Marvel Comics already. What's one more time?

• Like 4

emmmm I believe the legend says Heimdallr has to blow the horn to signal 100 days til Ragnarok - some random dude in a viking suit doesnt count :). Mind you if you are going to have an apocalypse this would at least be one we would all notice if it was winter for 3 years with assorted wolves and giants wandering about.

• Like 3

emmmm I believe the legend says Heimdallr has to blow the horn to signal 100 days til Ragnarok - some random dude in a viking suit doesnt count :). Mind you if you are going to have an apocalypse this would at least be one we would all notice if it was winter for 3 years with assorted wolves and giants wandering about.

How do you know it wasn't him. It was I tell you it was!!!

What a load of BS! Did the Vikings REALLY have a date for when Ragnarök would happen? Really? ****

No. If you don't know any of the facts then how can you possibly call BS. Well feed you to the frost giants you troll. The date is 100 days after the horn is blown. We're Vikings not Mayans!
  • Like 3