Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Viking apocalypse will be February 22, 2014

Still Waters

That's four days after my birthday, haha! This should be pretty interesting. I've read about this already, so many people make predictions when the world is going to end.

I believe the world is going to end without us knowing when it'll happen.

Edited by WhispersInTheAttic

We need Viking metal for this thread - home grown

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

My wife's birthday is on teh 23rd so now I have excuse for not getting a present, "Hey, I thought the world was ending on the 22nd." Better yet I can buy her that 1911 .45 I'v e had my eye on and wish her "Happy birthday and happy Ragnarok day. BTW, you'll need this."

emmmm I believe the legend says Heimdallr has to blow the horn to signal 100 days til Ragnarok - some random dude in a viking suit doesnt count :). Mind you if you are going to have an apocalypse this would at least be one we would all notice if it was winter for 3 years with assorted wolves and giants wandering about.

I wonder.....Will that be the Heimdallr that's described in the Poetic Edda and Heimskringla as "the whitest of the gods", or the Hollywood Heimdallr played by Ghanian/Sierra Leonean actor Idris Elba in the film 'Thor'?

• Like 1

That's four days after my birthday, haha! This should be pretty interesting. I've read about this already, so many people make predictions when the world is going to end.

I believe the world is going to end without us knowing when it'll happen.

Oh the world will end in about five billion years. It will probably no longer be inhabitable a good deal before that.

I wonder.....Will that be the Heimdallr that's described in the Poetic Edda and Heimskringla as "the whitest of the gods", or the Hollywood Heimdallr played by Ghanian/Sierra Leonean actor Idris Elba in the film 'Thor'?

He didn't have a horn in the movie so I guess it is not going to happen.... :blink:

If Vikings were here today, the sounding of a distinctive horn in York would have created chaos.

The ancient instrument, blown last night, signalled exactly 100 days until the end of the world, according to Norse mythology.

Legend has it that the Norse God, Heimdallr, would blow the mythical Gjallerhorn to warn of the Viking apocalypse, also known as 'Ragnarok'.

http://www.dailymail...ruary-2014.html

And thus do we have the next goal for the end of the world. I wonder how many sites about 2012 and the Mayan Calendar will be converted to this.?

I went through a Viking apocalypse on Halloween eve. A thunderstorm went through my area and lightening struck

my tree and caught it on fire. Then the electricity went through wires and took out my computer, tv and stove.

I think Thor whirled his hammer in my direction.

All these end of the world predictions by people who died out years ago!

How many Mayans or Vikings do you see around today? no signs of them predicting their own demise.

There are millions of Mayans or the descendants of the Mayans that are still living in Central and South America. Many of them no longer practice there old beliefs but some still do. The end of the Mayan calender wasn't a doomsday prophecy but the start of a new cycle, Mayans had a big celebration they weren't cowering in fear. Modern Scandinavians are descendants of Vikings (Iceland being settled by them). Christianity wiped out most of the native religions it came in contact with, removing the cultures that spawned the myths.

Edited by Spooky_Mulder
  • Like 2

Around 1.75B years from now we will no longer be in the Goldilocks zone

http://www.isciencet...ceans-study.htm

Thinking about it, one and three-quarter billion years is awhile. The dinosaurs went extinct (these numbers are off the top of my head) something like 70 million years ago after being around maybe 300 million years. Even the origin of multicellular life in a major way is less than half a billion years in the past. So we could do all our evolving from simple life forms over three more times in the time left.
  • Like 2

My wife's birthday is on teh 23rd so now I have excuse for not getting a present, "Hey, I thought the world was ending on the 22nd." Better yet I can buy her that 1911 .45 I'v e had my eye on and wish her "Happy birthday and happy Ragnarok day. BTW, you'll need this."

I'm thinking if you run with either of those ideas, you will discover the meaning of the end of the world as you knew it at the very least. :P

• Like 4

I'm thinking if you run with either of those ideas, you will discover the meaning of the end of the world as you knew it at the very least. :P

And you would be correct! :D

I loved my wife; she bought herself her own presents from me. She told me she would never trust my taste in such matters.

• Like 3

As Max Payne, I've already dealt with the Ragnarok situation. There were many casualties, but life goes on and the bad lady was destroyed..

Just another false alarm.

Damn it. I've been heavily investing in Loki/Giant insurance, so I hope this thing is not called off.

• Like 1

Oh the world will end in about five billion years. It will probably no longer be inhabitable a good deal before that.

The way the human race is ruining the environment we may have only 100 years or less before its no longer inhabitable.

Crap, I hope this Ragnarok doesn't happen, I want to see Hobbit 3 at the end of next year.

• Like 1

Crap, I hope this Ragnarok doesn't happen, I want to see Hobbit 3 at the end of next year.

Have you see the second one? Is it as good as it looks? I didn't see the first one in the theater but just viewed it recently in HD.

Have you see the second one? Is it as good as it looks? I didn't see the first one in the theater but just viewed it recently in HD.

There are a few minor slow parts, and it seperates from the book quite a bit, but I thought it Very Good. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

• Like 1