Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Viking apocalypse will be February 22, 2014

Still Waters

I'm sure someone else could do this much better, but in the spirit of the holiday...

"T'was the Night Before Ragnarok"

(or "A Visit from Thor")

(With profound apologies to the original author)...

‘Twas the night before Ragnarok, when all through the land

Not a creature was stirring, not a beast or a man;

The spears and axes were hung by the fire pit with care,

In hopes that Thor-Odinson would soon be there;

The berserkers were nestled, all snug in their beds,

While visions of battle-axes danced in their heads;

And mamma in her chainmail and I in my horned hat,

Had just settled down for mead induced nap,

Wow, great job! :tu: :tu:

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Right, twenty five minutes left before 12am here in Queensland. I've set up all the Viking treats, so now I'm off to bed. I may peek out there at 12:01 to see if it worked, but I won't be returning here until morning, in about 8 hours from now. Wish me luck, because if this doesn't work, it's TEOTWAWKI.

Nice knowing you..

Most Viking treats involve horrific preparations of fish...Haksarl / ludefisk

• Like 2

I am devastated. No vikings visited. I awoke to a dreary and rainy, but perfectly normal new day, my gifts for the Gods remain untouched on the table, now stale and forlorn, ignored - nay - cruelly rejected - by my heroes, my saviors. Those who would have destroyed all the evildoers in the world, leaving but me, have turned their backs on this desperately needed Apocalypse and left me sobbing in my despair....

OK, now, onto business - who's original prediction was this? Name and email address please... - I have some lists to put them on, especially the Nigerian Funds register.

• Like 2

As with all such previous predictions, I'm sure the outcome will be that I still have to show up at my crappy job Monday.

Well, my Norwegian nephew-in-law is coming to town today. Is that a sign? I think the only thing in danger might be a six pack of beer!

• Like 2

I am devastated. No vikings visited. I awoke to a dreary and rainy, but perfectly normal new day, my gifts for the Gods remain untouched on the table, now stale and forlorn, ignored - nay - cruelly rejected - by my heroes, my saviors. Those who would have destroyed all the evildoers in the world, leaving but me, have turned their backs on this desperately needed Apocalypse and left me sobbing in my despair....

OK, now, onto business - who's original prediction was this? Name and email address please... - I have some lists to put them on, especially the Nigerian Funds register.

Maybe it has to be Midnight in Norway? When does that happen? It is 2:30 PM here, and Norway is 10 hours different I think. So they are probably just after midnight.

And looking outside, I don't see any frost giants or fire giants... no giants at all. Guess I'll put my axe (shovel) back in the garage and my shield (trashcan lid) back too. No glorious death in combat, followed by being picked up by a busty valkirie today.

EDIT: It is supposed to happen on the 22nd right? So doesn't that mean we have a whole 'nother day?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

The UK is in Europe and yet had one of the best summers last year (about 9 weeks of heat) in the past 6 or so years! Thus ending the chance for Ragnarok in the UK. Maybe that explains why so many Europeans are fleeing their countries to live in the UK in their hundreds of thousands then? Because we are safe harbour from the sinking of the world beneath the waves...... try telling that to the Somerset Levels! ;)

Maybe it has to be Midnight in Norway? When does that happen? It is 2:30 PM here, and Norway is 10 hours different I think. So they are probably just after midnight.

And looking outside, I don't see any frost giants or fire giants... no giants at all. Guess I'll put my axe (shovel) back in the garage and my shield (trashcan lid) back too. No glorious death in combat, followed by being picked up by a busty valkirie today.

EDIT: It is supposed to happen on the 22nd right? So doesn't that mean we have a whole 'nother day?

You could be right, I may have to be patient.. But it really truly is well into the 22nd already here in Australia.. We are always *way* ahead of the USA..

Well I'll be working during the evening tomorrow. So if anything happens I'll probably miss it.

Well, that was disappointing.

Hit 3 people w/ my home made war hammer.

..then the duct tape tore off, and the cinder block went flying off the pipe.

then I was just a guy hitting people w/ a pipe.

Then the pepper spray, and the handcuffs.

Just a really wasted few hours.

• Like 4

Why did Fox have to report it. It starts with -200 credibility points just because of that. Still being a viking lore it should be interesting to read any and all.

Well, that was disappointing.

Hit 3 people w/ my home made war hammer.

..then the duct tape tore off, and the cinder block went flying off the pipe.

then I was just a guy hitting people w/ a pipe.

Then the pepper spray, and the handcuffs.

Just a really wasted few hours.

:w00t::tu:

That's cool, lets see if they are right

Do you ever post more than one sentence? You're amazingly consistent BTW.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Dang! I've been waiting for a day above freezing with no snow since the beginning of December and it's going to be another world-ender. :no:

• Like 2

guys there's drifts of snow up to my window. some of them are eight foot high or more.

i think this might be fimbulwinter.

also there's lighting and thunder. i think that thor and jormungandr are duking it out.

either that or it's just an ordinary blizzard.

• Like 3

"Ah, ah, We come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands..."

- Led Zep, Immigrant Song

It has been thus foretold. We should lay down on the ground and have a great gnashing of teeth.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3