Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Viking apocalypse will be February 22, 2014

Still Waters

Does anyone know exactly how this prophesy was calculated from the Prose Edda? Failing to find this.. Would love to look more into it.

As today is the date, doesn't it seem too late?

• Like 1

Ragnarok...sounds like a huge folk/black metal concert festival in some Scandinavian country. Good Luck today, because you're going to find out life goes on and the world keeps turning.

Very carefully :tu:

I guess the Vikings had the wrong date.

Or maybe *shock, horror* they weren't using the gregorian calendar :whistle:

• Like 1

It's still 2/22/14 in the USA, but I'm not holding my breath. In all seriousness, why are such things taken seriously (especially the Mayan flap)?

A closer reading of the Eddas and commentaries over the past couple of centuries shows that Viking religion was rather complex and, like the Christian Book of the Revelation of St. John, is multi-valent and can be applied in many ways to various situations, eras or epochs. Does this make it irrelevant? No. Does it make Viking cosmology and eschatology interesting? Yes. No need for us to elaborate upon the themes.

Make as much fun as you like, ...but remember that this prophecy must be taken very, very seriously, - just like all the other solemn doomsday prediction that have come and gone before! You have been warned !

The apocalypse DID happen!.. Everything was totally destroyed and burnt to a cinder... Then as foretold... The new worlds were created... Just like the old ones... EXACTLY like the old ones... SO we are

now living on Mark II Midgard... and all of us are exact copies of our Mark I selves...

(I just wanted to beat the conspiracy theorists to the punch :devil: )...

• Like 3

Let's get to the DOOM...

doom.gif

got stuff to do later...

• Like 2

They should just make December 21st National Doomsday. Yes I am talking about the December 21st 2012 prophecy that never came to be. It was after all the most publicized Doomsday event cough *History Channel* cough.

Well some frost giants came by, but I used by belt fed 50 cal machine gun and wasted them.... Thank gods for the 2nd ammendment!! The next ones to come along will get the grenade launcher, or the TOW missile. Right now the neighborhood seems clear.

then I was just a guy hitting people w/ a pipe.

I'm still going bezerker on my neighbours.

Remember, you don't go to Valhalla :innocent: unless you die in battle. :gun:

• Like 3

Well some frost giants came by, but I used by belt fed 50 cal machine gun and wasted them.... Thank gods for the 2nd ammendment!! The next ones to come along will get the grenade launcher, or the TOW missile. Right now the neighborhood seems clear.

Remember, you don't go to Valhalla :innocent: unless you die in battle. :gun:

I'll cover ya down range with a Pershing Missile system...

I've been itching to use it since they dropped it off in my driveway.... and the neighbors ARE starting to talk....

For when you REALLY want to reach out and "touch" someone....

pershing05.jpg

(I am trained! - for real)....

• Like 1

well its the 23rd here right now :) and the sun is shining.. bird are singing..

and I just saw a zombie walk past my window..

I hear the trumpets in the distance. Now it's coming, I tell ya. We are doooooooomed. :)

[media=]

[/media]

and no Robbie it's not coming from Europe. :P

Edited by EllJay

I feel really disappointed that the Viking Longships aren't sailing up the Thames to the Houses of Parliament to sack, and set it on fire.Oh well roll on November 5th,maybe Guy Fawkes' ghost will try again.

• Like 2

Im am thinking the sun will still come up on the 23rd. Sorry Doomtards, wrong again. But look on the bright side! This gives you some more time to mold more foil hats and devise another lame reason why the world will be ending in a few months. Go Doomtards!!!

• Like 2

My favorite doomsday wacko was a guy I met on on the shore of the Gulf of St Lawrence in 2003. He was headed north to avoid the disaster when Mars was going to "rip the guts out of the Earth". Most doomers just whine and do nothing. This gent was headed as far north as he could. I hope he enjoyed his trip.

maybe today the last descent(s) of norse/viking died

but in the story made this day such a big event/deal