Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare success story-now can't afford it

Rafterman

Haven't made an Obamacare post in a couple of weeks because, well, it was just piling on and excessive.

But this one really needs to be discussed.

This is just an unmitigated disaster in my opinion. And yet they're still promising that healthcare.gov is going to up and running by next week? Well, in Ms. Sanford's case, everything worked just fine and look where she is.

Oh, and better yet, now I'm beginning to see articles popping up on how Obamacare's failure may drive the US back into recession because major players in the industry will not be able to hit revenue projections due to the signup problems. That's just all kinds of awesome right there.

Nice job Mr. President.

www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/woman-hailed-president-obamacare-success-story-now-cant-afford-obamacare_767868.html

CNN reports that a woman the president hailed as an Obamacare success story just realized she won't be able to afford Obamacare because it's too expensive:

VIDEO AT LINK

"Jessica Sanford was cited by the president as an Obamacare success story at a health care event he had here at the White House in the Rose Garden on October 21," says a reporter for CNN from the White House. "That of course being just last month. The 48-year-old single mom from Washington state purchased what she considered to be affordable health care, life-changing event, she said, on the Washington state health exchange. She decided she was so excited about this news, she wanted to write an e-mail to the president to say that this had really changed her life and that she was thankful for the Afforable Care Act. The president included her e-mail in his remarks to people on hand for the event. Here's a bit of what the president had to say."

The CNN report quotes President Obama as saying, "I recently received a letter from a woman named Jessica Sanford in Washington state. And here's what she wrote, I am a single mom, no child support, self-employed. and I haven't had insurance for 15 years because it's too expensive. I was crying the other day when I signed up, so much stress lifted."

"But days, just really three days after she was mentioned by the president, Jessica Sanford started having problems, she was receiving letters from the Washington state health exchange," reports CNN. "The first letter telling her that tax credit was reduced, therefore, increasing the cost of her health care plan and the, take a look at this, then she received a letter just last week telling her that her tax credit had been taken away all together. Show you another document here, showing what the tax credit worked out to be... zero dollars according to this document that was provided to us by Jessica Sanford. She describes all of this as a roller coaster ride. Now she says she can't afford insurance in Washington state because of the new developments."

Sanford tells CNN that she's embarrassed. "It was a huge disappointment, especially since I had, you know, my story had been shared by the president. I felt like, you know, I just felt really embarrassed that, you know, he quoted my story and then come to find that the Washington health plan finder, the website here in our state, had grossly miscalculated or they're having a problem figuring their tax credits. and so at least for right now, I don't -- I'm not going to be getting insurance," she says.

• Like 6

Yeah I saw this story yesterday.

We said a train wreck was coming....

• Like 2

Yeah I saw this story yesterday.

We said a train wreck was coming....

Now the college students have turned on ObamaCare.

This is quickly beginning to snowball. The snowball is rolling towards Nancy Pelosi. She better start running!

" Next time read the bill before signing it !"

Seems like the insurance companies are making out like bandits on this. This Affordable Care thing was supposed to keep rates lower, but they have skyrocketed since it took effect. About everyone I know has had a huge jump in premiums. It's easy to make a profit when the public is forced to buy your product.

• Like 5

at some point can we vote for Obamas' presidency just never happening?

We had to elect him to find out what he would do.

Harte

• Like 4

Seems like the insurance companies are making out like bandits on this. This Affordable Care thing was supposed to keep rates lower, but they have skyrocketed since it took effect. About everyone I know has had a huge jump in premiums. It's easy to make a profit when the public is forced to buy your product.

Well it's kind of like the mortgage collapse - there are just certain realities in these markets that no amount of political wishful thinking can change.

If expanded coverage is forced upon people who don't want/need it, it has to be paid for by someone. No amount of political organizing or demonization is going to change that. It's economics.

• Like 3

Forced to buy your product???

HHS Sebelius already said on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart "The American people can opt out and just pay the fine instead."

$95

I think the Obama Administration secretly - HATES - the insurance companies.

If the Obama Administration finds a way to make the Health Insurance Companies go away, then they can trot out the

Spectacular Single Payer / Public Option.

• Like 1

What I find more sickening. The government shut down, no one is looking back at with this new information. Were the Republicans trying to flex muscle, yes. But now we see the dems were fighting against a delay in obamacare that would have been the best thing for them. Its like oh delay it sure now we can ******* test the site

• Like 3

That fine goes up after the first year. I don't know by how much, but it will go up. When the government put it in the hands of the IRS, scared a lot of folks into believing he was serious about that "mandate" part.

• Like 2

When the government put it in the hands of the IRS, scared a lot of folks into believing he was serious about that "mandate" part.

you mean he was not???

Edited by aztek

That's because Obamacare was written by the insurance companies, to make them money. It's that simple. This is corporate fascism. And a lot of politicians, this includes Democrats and some Republicans, are not going to stop this robbery by Wall Street because they are in the pockets of these same people on Wall Street.

I'm sorry, but I don't have thousands of dollars to throw down the drain to these people.

• Like 3

That fine goes up after the first year. I don't know by how much, but it will go up. When the government put it in the hands of the IRS, scared a lot of folks into believing he was serious about that "mandate" part.

The " Fine " $95 is deducted from your Tax Refund Check by the IRS.

If you pay in, then the IRS cannot come after you.

It's a loophole in the law.

• Like 1

What I find more sickening. The government shut down, no one is looking back at with this new information. Were the Republicans trying to flex muscle, yes. But now we see the dems were fighting against a delay in obamacare that would have been the best thing for them. Its like oh delay it sure now we can ******* test the site

Now the dems are demanding a delay in ObamaCare. Another dark cloud will appear over the White House December 1, 2013.

The website will still be broken and the site will be full of security holes.

Enter your vital information at HealthCare.gov at your own risk.

Hell yes this is fascism, it's just a subtler form of it that makes too many people sit and wonder what the problem is.

The problem is the federal govt using force to make a market.

How many recent actions of the govt fit into that description? Using force to artificially create competition that wouldn't otherwise exist, to fix prices that would never get paid, to set interest rates that no bank would lend at, to bail out corporations like AIG and then throw out the actuarial tables when determining insurance premiums, to inflate money supplies and destroy the real value or purchasing power of our currency. To make a big mess out of the marketplace that one can't rely on economic fundamentals to sort out. The shills on CNBC can't stop talking about the Fed. Every time the Fed sneezes or even implies that it might make comments, and the financial gophers are talking about the Fed all day long. It's so glaringly obvious our economy is controlled by our govt, and nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care. Obamacare is the tip of that iceberg. If what we hate in the world is Obamacare and otherwise we're good, we're not finding a solution we're part of the problem.

• Like 2

Your news "stories" basically all just say people are enrolling in Obama care places were the site works. That's cool I guess

To bad for the people loosing their plans and the rising cost of premiums though...

• Like 1

Your news "stories" basically all just say people are enrolling in Obama care places were the site works. That's cool I guess

To bad for the people loosing their plans and the rising cost of premiums though...

Obamacare is just fine???

60 - 70% of HealthCare.gov still needs to be written!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCQBDxMV48Q

• Like 1

Except here when Sebelius herself was helping a person enroll:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/11/19/hhs-secretary-sebelius-visits-south-florida-to-meet-with-healthcare-navigators/

Sebelius, wearing green, walked through the front doors of North Shore Hospital near Miami Shores where she shook hands with hospital staff and members of the Epilepsy Foundation who are staffing the Obamacare Navigation center housed off the hospital’s lobby. There she met with the team helping South Floridians to sign-up on line or on paper.

“So she is being helpful,” asked the secretary to a couple sitting at one table of a navigator. “Absolutely,” they responded.

At a second table, the secretary met Carmen Salero who was trying to sign up online. As the secretary and Salero made small talk, CBS4′s Brian Andrews noticed the site crash on the lap top in front of them.

Did you enjoy your conference call with the President yesterday?

• Like 4

Except here when Sebelius herself was helping a person enroll:

http://miami.cbsloca...are-navigators/

Sebelius, wearing green, walked through the front doors of North Shore Hospital near Miami Shores where she shook hands with hospital staff and members of the Epilepsy Foundation who are staffing the Obamacare Navigation center housed off the hospital’s lobby. There she met with the team helping South Floridians to sign-up on line or on paper.

“So she is being helpful,” asked the secretary to a couple sitting at one table of a navigator. “Absolutely,” they responded.

At a second table, the secretary met Carmen Salero who was trying to sign up online. As the secretary and Salero made small talk, CBS4′s Brian Andrews noticed the site crash on the lap top in front of them.

Did you enjoy your conference call with the President yesterday?

We appear to have a few Baghdad Bobs on this thread. -- Everything is just fine. --

In case folks aren't getting the conference call reference, there it is:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/19/tech-problems-plague-obamas-obamacare-conference-call/

Technical difficulties and a frustrated audience plagued President Obama’s attempt on Monday evening to address criticisms of Obamacare and the Healthcare.gov debacle.

Organizing For Action (OFA), formerly the Obama campaign’s Organizing For America, hosted an online conference call for Obama to rally supporters around the healthcare law and the federal online healthcare exchange, which has been fraught with technical problems since before its Oct. 1 launch.

The OFA conference call, powered by the live audio broadcasting platform Mixlr, was plagued with its own audio and user connection problems. The frequent audio blackouts frustrated users, many of whom were supporters of the president and his agenda.

So typical of this President - let's not solve the problems surrounding this debacle, let's just start an Alinsky-esque grassroots disinformation effort.

Perpetual campaigning for the win!

• Like 1

Perpetual campaigning for the win!

That's all he knows how to do! That and blame others for everything.....

• Like 1

That's all he knows how to do! That and blame others for everything.....

500 Million Lines of Code : Numerous Security Holes : HealthCare.gov is 25 times the size of Facebook ?!!!

post-142056-0-24980400-1384963974_thumb.

Does anybody here on this thread want to enter their Social Security # on HealthCare.gov? Not me!

• Like 1

On TV this morning the people who created the web site said it was not secure.

• Like 3

On TV this morning the people who created the web site said it was not secure.

Surely that can't be true!

After all, Ninja just told us everything was "working fine."

Harte

• Like 3