Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you watching?

Drayno

Right now I've been watching Supernatural. Loving it so far!

I watched a film last night called V/H/S 2. It was really gory at some parts but all in all it was a creepy film. Wasn't sure of what to make of it but it was worth the watch

Gojira, the original Japanese cut. Getting myself psyched up for Godzilla in May.

mst3k, i accuse my parents. one of the greats, this one.

"my mom is hayley mills, my dad is gigantor, and my mom is peggy cass!"

We're gonna ride our bicycles.... we're gonna go and have some fun.

• Like 1

We're gonna ride our bicycles.... we're gonna go and have some fun.

[media=]

[/media]

and thus i spent the evening watching favorite mst3k clips.

not that i'm complaining. in fact:

• Like 1

I've been binging on Breaking Bad.

• Like 1

A Very Peculiar Practice, episode one.

Edited by Sixth

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart

the starving games

• 2 weeks later...

A great Program on BBC4 about Mushrooms.

The Magic of Mushrooms…...Professor Richard Fortey delves into the fascinating and normally-hidden kingdom of fungi. From their spectacular birth, through their secretive underground life to their final explosive death, Richard reveals a remarkable world that few of us understand or even realise exists - yet all life on Earth depends on it.

In a specially-built mushroom lab, with the help of mycologist Dr Patrick Hickey and some state-of-the-art technology, Richard brings to life the secret world of mushrooms as never seen before and reveals the spectacular abilities of fungi to break down waste and sustain new plant life, keeping our planet alive.

Beyond the lab, Richard travels across Britain and beyond to show us the biggest, fastest and most deadly organisms on the planet - all of them fungi. He reveals their almost magical powers that have world-changing potential - opening up new frontiers in science, medicine and technology. ….

p01xknq1.jpg

The Magic of Mushrooms

Mushroom enthusiast Richard Fortey explores the strange and surprising science of fungi.

Watch now

Will be watching Mysteries at the Museum and Hotel Secrets and Legends after I get cleaned up. Castle and Church Secrets and Legends were pretty good too.

Movie: Batman (the one with Jack Nicholson as Joker)

Series: Spartacus (season 2)

Anime: Trigun (an old favorite of mine)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

• Like 1

Captain Phillips. Tom Hanks was at the top of his game.

I Shouldn't Be Alive. The kaleidoscope of clips before and after the commercial breaks is annoying, but the stories are fascinating. I got hooked after watching the first episode, about the four guys lost in the Amazon.

Captain Phillips. Tom Hanks was at the top of his game.

I have that one on hold at the library and I don't know how many copies they have (there are three library branches) but I'm 81 of 86 holds. :td:

I was just about to post to share info about this crazy movie I saw on DVD this past weekend called Bernie.

It's a true story and the townspeople who comment throughout the movie do so as themselves.

Here's a link to the trailer. (There's a link to a clip called Sonny Explains Texas that I find quite amusing.)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bernie_2011/

This is a link to the wiki page where in the refs. (#6), there's a link to the Texas Monthly article which is what the movie is based on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_%282011_film%29

This link is to an interesting article written by Marjorie Nugent's nephew.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/magazine/how-my-aunt-marge-ended-up-in-the-deep-freeze.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

On a sad note, I learned at the end of the movie that one of the actors had passed away. I knew him from Sling Blade- one of my all-time favorite movies. In Sling Blade, he played Bill Cox, the owner of the lawnmower repair shop. In Bernie, he played the owner of the funeral home where Bernie had worked.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2011/may/28/malvern-actor-dial-dies-56/

• Like 1