Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you watching?

Drayno

Thanks Regi! I just put "Bernie" in my Netflix queue. And thanks for the link to the Texas Monthly article. I didn't realize this movie was based on a true story. I'm really looking forward to it.

Now, I hesitate to recommend this one: "Five Minutes of Heaven". I'm afraid most people will find it slow-moving and boring, but the performance by James Nesbitt was outstanding (for me, anyways). The first 30 minutes is based on a true-life murder in Ireland, and then switches to a very dramatic (fictional) reunion between the murderer and the victim's brother.

• Like 1

Now, I hesitate to recommend this one: "Five Minutes of Heaven". I'm afraid most people will find it slow-moving and boring, but the performance by James Nesbitt was outstanding (for me, anyways). The first 30 minutes is based on a true-life murder in Ireland, and then switches to a very dramatic (fictional) reunion between the murderer and the victim's brother.

That sounds interesting...I'll check it out. Thanks for mentioning it! :tu:

i was thinking that, with all the historic tv dramas being made in the past few years, you know, like the borgias, the vikings, reign, etc. all these self serious shows about awful people doing awful things... that it might be nice to have a show set in the past that mercilessly mocked all of it. but sadly, i just couldn't see a show like that being made.

but then i remembered that blackadder already exists! and i felt better.

• Like 1

Movie: Batman (the one with Jack Nicholson as Joker)

actor playing batman was ****, but I love the scene when Nicolson pulls out 2m long revolver from his pants and knocks batplane off the sky xD

Series: Spartacus (season 2)

best season ! is it the gannicus arc (prequel) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got around to watching 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' last night.

:)

Last night I watched an interesting drama from India, "Black Friday", about the 1993 bombings in Mumbai, India. It's not a high-budget Hollywood-type movie, but it is also not the typical Bollywood movie with music videos. It's almost 3 hours long, but I was glued to the screen for the whole movie.

Two warnings:

1) The subtitles go by quickly

2) DO NOT get arrested in India

watched "way down east" a 1920 silent film by d.w. griffiths. the plot has not aged well at all, but lillian gish... man, what an actress.

I've had free HBO for quite a while now, but I'm really disappointed with it. I've had it before and so I was excited to have it again (until the end of the month) but I have yet to see anything worth a darn. :angry:

In the meantime, I really got a kick ;) out of Old Goats (on DVD).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1656701/

AMC's Turn so far great series. some of the filming was done in my state VA so fun to pick out locations I've visited.

Supernatural

• 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been watching a lot of Andy Griffith re-runs.

I grew up watching this show with my dad. I think this show is as good as any modern TV comedy.

• Like 1

Walk The Line!

I've been watching some different programs lately, specifically; Bates Motel, Sons of Anarchy, and some show called Parenthood (my better half likes it so i'm forced to watch it)

• Like 1

Season 2 of Mushi-Shi.

Such a moving series. Aesthetically pleasing. The artwork is simply gorgeous.

• Like 1

If you want more eye-candy, check out 'Curse Of The Golden Flower'...elaborate sets, beautiful silk costumes, and beautiful Chinese women. Chinese cinematography is awesome! :tu:

Just watched, 'All Is Lost' Robert Redford (2013) great movie, IMO. :tsu:

For creepy/scary, try "Shutter" (2008) Rachael Hunter...also the original made in Thailand (I think) in 2004.

Probably would rate as a 'B' movie, but the plot is good...this movie creeped me out, :cry: and I don't creep easy!

'Outlaw Josey Wales' is still my favorite western.

The Craft

• 3 weeks later...