Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7 Bush Cousins Launch Pro-Kerry Web Site

Fluffybunny

Seven distant relatives of President Bush (news - web sites) have created a Web site urging visitors: "Please, don't vote for our cousin."

The Bush relatives, supporters of Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites), say they've never met the president but disagree with his policies ranging from the war in Iraq (news - web sites) to the environment.

The Web site was launched in late September "to help America heal from the sickness it has suffered since George Bush (news - web sites) was appointed president in 2000."

"I don't really feel like it's a betrayal," said Sheila House, the president's second cousin and co-creator of the site. "I'll definitely admit that we're using the relationship as a hook to get people to talk about politics."

The people behind the Web site are all grandchildren of Mary Bush House, the sister of Prescott Bush, who was the father and grandfather of the two Bush presidents. That makes them second cousins of the president.

The idea came about when Kerry spotted Sheila House's cousin, Jeanny House, at a rally waving a sign that read "Bush Relative for Kerry." They shook hands and Kerry joked about creating a Web site, Sheila House said.

The site, which includes the headline, "Because blood is thinner than oil!" offers testimonials from the Bush relatives.

The Bush campaign did not return a call seeking comment.

____

A group of moderate Democrats are rolling out ads to court Hispanic voters in nine states, including a commercial targeting Puerto Ricans in Philadelphia, Cleveland, Orlando and Tampa, Fla.

The radio ad mixes a song and a discussion of tax refunds to urge listeners to vote Democratic. The commercial argues that Democrats pushed for a tax refund of up to $1,000 per child per year for Puerto Ricans, but Republicans opposed it with a voice singing, "Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye. Dear refund. I'll miss you."

The latest series of ads for The New Democrat Network's "Hispanic Project" will air on radio and TV in nine states, including Florida, New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada. The group has spent $6 million since March to increase political awareness among Hispanics and encourage them to vote Democratic.

The ads to be released over the next eight days target subgroups of Hispanics, such as Cuban-Americans in Southern Florida.

"It's not just 'Oh look, we Democrats speak Spanish,'" said Joe Garcia, an adviser to the group. "We understand more than just broad groups. There are subgroups with very specific issues before us."

Link

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Celumnaz

• reese2

• Fluffybunny

• Dancing_Dumplings

Top Posters In This Topic

laugh.gif woohoo!!! go relitives!! laugh.gif guess they are going to be disowned very soon tongue.gif

hehe, looks like they disowned him already!

I know there's a joke in there somewhere about kissing cousins, black sheep, backwoods hicks... will come to me heh.

I like the "Because blood is thinner than oil!" slogan, for once I'll keep the reason to myself lol.

I thought "The commercial argues that Democrats pushed for a tax refund of up to $1,000 per child per year for Puerto Ricans" was funny too. My first feigned indignant response was "oh yeah? what's wrong with mexicans?"

love the perpetuation of racial division

Thankfully in another week we won't have to put up with any of this anymore.

Kind of reminds me of a family jealousy thing more than a political thing.

....and it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't even related to Bush. Kerry lies about everything and so do his cohorts....a desperate bunch if I ever saw one. laugh.gif

Thankfully in another week we won't have to put up with any of this anymore.

Yep, Joc.... grin2.gifwink2.gifthumbsup.gif There's going to be some major crow eating going on...

Well, when Bush does get re-elected, it will be America bashing we have to once again and forever look forward to.. That seems to never get tiresome around here... (At least for the devoutly ignorant) kiss.gif

Reese

whoever wins, I just hope I don't have to hear about the other side cheating for the next 4 years. Either go with it when Bush wins, or impeach Kerry by December if they pull off the rig job somehow. tongue.gif

Well, when Bush does get re-elected, it will be America bashing we have to once again and forever look forward to.. That seems to never get tiresome around here... (At least for the devoutly ignorant) kiss.gif 

Bush is just the scape-goat of the day for deep-seated anti-american sentiment...

Once his re-election is a done deal the real true bias will raise its head whistling2.gif

clobber joc time is at hand

good to see you back Reese original.gif Hope all is well.

*giggles* I found this kind of amusing. I don't support either cannidates however Kerry is better then Bush and the fact his own family is against him speaks louder then words.

Bush wins.. I'll be watching a mass exodus out of this country.. heh

Ahhhh......family dont you love them!

good to see you back Reese  Hope all is well.

Thank you Joc.... wub.gif

giggles* I found this kind of amusing. I don't support either cannidates however Kerry is better then Bush and the fact his own family is against him speaks louder then words.

So, it speaks louder than words? What does his family's opinion have to do with his politics other than show their personal opinion? The entire premise that Bush is somehow the underdog because some of his family are against him is, flawed, to say the least. Haven't we all got family that are against us at some point? To say that we are somehow bad because of the opinions of others' sure does seem to put that responsibility off on the wrong party, don't ya think?

It doesn't matter to me who goes along with his policy, family or not. I either like a candidates policy, or I don't. Even posting this article as it somehow shows credence towards a bad, bad Bush, is ignorant, and suggests that the masses follow popularity or seek out the answers from others' that may or may not be jaded for one reason or another... Bleh......

Fluffy, for someone that has repeatedly said that you really don't care for either candidate, you sure do contribute an awful lot to 'Bush bashing'.. Surely with all the mistakes that Kerry has made, you could manage to dig up something rivoting about him, or even his family ties.... whistling2.gifthumbsup.gif

Reese

Edited by reese2

Rough day at the office reese? blink.gif

meh. they're cousins. everybody has some batch of cousins somewhere that they've never heard of. nobody cares about them.

Bush wins.. I'll be watching a mass exodus out of this country.. heh

325300[/snapback]

oh lord I hope so

i want to see this website crying.gif is there a link on the original page? crying.gif