Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama makes free speech a crime

OverSword

If it was an established law then why did the president just sign it. I saw what you posted, got links?

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release

March 08, 2012

Statement by the Press Secretary on H.R. 347

On Thursday, March 8, 2012, the President signed into law:

H.R. 347, the “Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011,” which makes it a Federal crime to enter or remain knowingly in any restricted area of the White House, the Vice President’s official residence, or their respective grounds without lawful authority.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/08/statement-press-secretary-hr-347

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

It does do that. It also makes it ilegal for you to protest in thier vicinity not on federal grounds according to the judgement of the secret service. They give you a 3 line summary and you take it at thier word? these people are lawyers. Get real.
  • Like 1

i've looked at the law in question. it is a little sketchy in my opinion, and there may be some risk for abuse. however, it does not "make free speech a crime" as your post title reads.

i only asked you to provide more information because it's polite. imaginarynumber1 has been doing your work for you. anyways, you put up a video link with no info, no description, i sure as hell am not going to look at it. i've been around this old internet for too long.

• Like 1

Hi, don't want get involved in yar all little homeland tiff, just want to say from my side of the ocean, IMO, it seems they were certain someone would want to take a pop at Obama one day and were throwing in everything they could to protect his little ass, which meant keeping people as far away as posible and anyone looking even a tiny touch suspicious, will be arrested.

Says a lot about his popularity.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

i think it says something about the risk to any sitting president, not just obama, but maybe i'm just silly.

• Like 1

i think it says something about the risk to any sitting president, not just obama, but maybe i'm just silly.

Of course it is a risk for all of them, but for some reason they have upped the security for this one to the point that they will arrest you for just being anywhere near him.

• Like 1

i only asked you to provide more information because it's polite. imaginarynumber1 has been doing your work for you.

I know I kind of used him. I apologize to the both of you.

This entire law, or additions to the existing law reminds me of they guy that was beaten and imprisoned without charges for standing in an aisle with his back turned towards Hilary while she gave a speech as secretary of state. This is now legal. Still think it's OK?

http://www.truth-out.org/archive/item/94579:police-brutalize-ray-mcgovern-as-hillary-clinton-talks-free-speech

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Of course it is a risk for all of them, but for some reason they have upped the security for this one to the point that they will arrest you for just being anywhere near him.

True story here. Obama was in Seattle. His motorcade was due to drive down 1st Avenue. my coworkers and I were standin on the sidewalk. The sidewalk is 4.5 feet wide and I was standing about a foot from the street. A motorcycle cop rides up to me and tells me I can't stand there. My coworkers all move back until they are standing on the grass. I say to the cop "we can stand on the sidewalk" The cop replys "set one foot in the street and youll bet blown away"

True story.

edit to add at the time I had long hair and my coworkers are both brown.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

True story here. Obama was in Seattle. His motorcade was due to drive down 1st Avenue. my coworkers and I were standin on the sidewalk. The sidewalk is 4.5 feet wide and I was standing about a foot from the street. A motorcycle cop rides up to me and tells me I can't stand there. My coworkers all move back until they are standing on the grass. I say to the cop "we can stand on the sidewalk" The cop replys "set one foot in the street and youll bet blown away"

True story.

edit to add at the time I had long hair and my coworkers are both brown.

You have added something I missed, they will get away with blowing you away for standing on the pavement because they have a law which says they can.

If they were throwing their weight around because of the colour of your friends skins and your long hair, then it just shows how stupid they are, did they forget they were protecting a coloured man? Dont think they cared, any excuse to threaten people who do not fit in with their required image, what ever that may be.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

You have added something I missed, they will get away with blowing you away for standing on the pavement because they have a law which says they can.

If they were throwing their weight around because of the colour of your friends skins and your long hair, then it just shows how stupid they are, did they forget they were protecting a coloured man? Dont think they cared, any excuse to threaten people who do not fit in with their required image, what ever that may be.

Yep. Copper on a power trip. That's brand new.
  • Like 2

It does do that. It also makes it ilegal for you to protest in thier vicinity not on federal grounds according to the judgement of the secret service. They give you a 3 line summary and you take it at thier word? these people are lawyers. Get real.

It DOES NOT make it illegal to protest in their vicinity. The part you are reffering to has been in place since '71 and states that actions that "disrupt the orderly conduct of Government," in these areas IS a crime.

The rest is simple yperbole from fox news.

Troubling, however, are the use of so-called "free speech zones" at political events and the like where they attempt to keep protesters and the like away. This has nothing to do with HR 347 and I find to be a worse infringement.

That's not what it says at all. I linked the bill on the last page and what was added, if you care to read it.

It basically give the Secret Service authority to prosecute those that trespass or commit acts against those in restricted area of the White House and the VP's house, instead of DC police.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Here is a list of how everyone voted, just in case anyone is interested....

Link: https://www.govtrack...s/112-2011/h149

Thank you for providing that.

post-4505-0-40084500-1384910380_thumb.jp

Thread closed for agenda posting -

• Do not post material, links, articles or views designed to promote an agenda in favour or against any party, group or individual.