Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery footsteps give staff the jitters

Still Waters

GHOSTLY goings on at a Knutsford coffee house have left its staff feeling rather spooked.

Andy Pitt is a chef at the Courtyard Coffee House, set behind King Street in a 17th century courtyard, and is often spooked by the sound of footsteps - despite being the only person in the building.

http://www.knutsford...ff_the_jitters/

Nice to see they're not just publicity seeking, They didn't mention the fact that the courtyard coffee house also provides homemade breakfasts, Lunches and teas.

Oh, Wait...

• Like 2

Nice to see they're not just publicity seeking, They didn't mention the fact that the courtyard coffee house also provides homemade breakfasts, Lunches and teas.

Oh, Wait...

That's what I first thought and I almost didn't bother posting it expecting the same reaction from others.

These kind of articles are always looked upon as a publicity seeking stunt, but just supposing the guy really is hearing footsteps? The main point of these types of stories always get shunned because people are too suspicious of the publicity part and don't take any notice of anything else. I wonder how many genuine happenings have been ignored because of this way of thinking.

That's what I first thought and I almost didn't bother posting it expecting the same reaction from others.

These kind of articles are always looked upon as a publicity seeking stunt, but just supposing the guy really is hearing footsteps? The main point of these types of stories always get shunned because people are too suspicious of the publicity part and don't take any notice of anything else. I wonder how many genuine happenings have been ignored because of this way of thinking.

I agree, But its hard not to be cynical after reading stuff like that.

Not so long ago there was a story on here about a hairdressers being haunted, And probably countless others.

My own hairdresser even claims her salon is haunted.

I'm not a sceptic, I do actually believe in ghosts.

But, I also think this is a great way to get free publicity.

I edited post because what i wrote at first made no sense

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing

Is this like an advertising thing for UK papers? The reason I ask is that there seem to be a lot similar types of stories.

I can hear the advertising guy now "now we can do a half-page ad for you, but for 200 pounds more, we'll do a **** all story about ghosts at your place - with real reporters and everything."

Edited by Rafterman

Is this like an advertising thing for UK papers? The reason I ask is that there seem to be a lot similar types of stories.

I can hear the advertising guy now "now we can do a half-page ad for you, but for 200 pounds more, we'll do a **** all story about ghosts at your place - with real reporters and everything."

That's pretty much what I meant

But, I also think this is a great way to get free publicity.

It is, and that's the problem. If this guy really is hearing footsteps, nobody will believe him for that exact reason. Which is the point I was trying to make before.

• Like 1