Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Getting Rid of the Filibuster?

and-then

When the GOP / Tea Party retakes the U.S. Senate November 2014, then we can beat Minority Leader Harry Reid over the head with

his own changes.

This is going to come back and bite the democrats on the a**…

• Like 3

Biden On Nuclear Option In 2005: "I Pray To God" Democrats Do Not Do This When We Have Power

Link:

Harry Reid on the Nuclear Option in 2005

Link: http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=EkXjYohzAOY

Can you say Hypocrite?

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 3

The liberals know their time is short.

They want to ram through their agenda while they still can.

The ObamaCare Debacle will set them back at least a decade.

• Like 2

I never did understand the filibuster (so you speak and speak and speak until the time to vote on something passes? What's to stop something from being tabled again?) but it's got 225 years of tradition and use behind it, it's not "broken" or "never used" (in fact it's been used at least twice this year - although I still say one use was a grandstand from the darling boy of the Tea Party, he voted in favour of the thing he filibustered in the past).

• Like 1

Wow, talk about blatant hypocrisy:

Link: http://www.ijreview....ilibuster-2005/

Those are ALL good quotes from the biggest HYPOCRITES in Washington D.C.

However, i think Senator Joe Biden wins the prize. He is the one who should wear a Large Sign around his neck . - Hypocrite -

Senator Joe Biden " I pray to God when the Democrats take back control we don't make the kind of naked power grab you are doing."

--------

George Will : Fox News " The democrats just guaranteed the repeal of ObamaCare."

• Like 1

Is that what they mean by the nuclear opinion? When I first heard it I was like: "What?"

Is that what they mean by the nuclear opinion? When I first heard it I was like: "What?"

No, it's called the Nuclear Option.

I'm thinking in about 3 years the GOP / Tea Party will put it all back the way it was and - Restore America -.

Soon all of these Secular Progressive Shenanigans will be in our rear view mirror.

The Tea Party thinks 10 Years ahead, not 10 Minutes ahead.

It essentially obliterates the minority's influence in the senate, hence the reference to choosing the "nuclear option". It's a sad, sad turn if events. "Majority rules" is a very dangerous place to be in, because the majority can start to change rules to make sure they stay in power. So very dangerous.

• Like 2

No, it's called the Nuclear Option.

I'm thinking in about 3 years the GOP / Tea Party will put it all back the way it was and - Restore America -.

Soon all of these Secular Progressive Shenanigans will be in our rear view mirror.

I meant to type that. :x

Ah okay.

It essentially obliterates the minority's influence in the senate, hence the reference to choosing the "nuclear option". It's a sad, sad turn if events. "Majority rules" is a very dangerous place to be in, because the majority can start to change rules to make sure they stay in power. So very dangerous.

That's what I hear on Fox News Channel. They even had a thing on where Obama is stating that he wouldn't do it or something like that. =/ Ugh.

• Like 2

3 Democrats defected and joined the GOP / Tea Party. They voted against the Nuclear Option.

Gee, i wonder why ?

I meant to type that. :x

Ah okay.

That's what I hear on Fox News Channel. They even had a thing on where Obama is stating that he wouldn't do it or something like that. =/ Ugh.

Yes, Harry Reid, Obama, Biden......they ALL have a sign around their necks - HYPOCRITE -.

The whole world is watching.

• Like 1

Hardly, considering what they did to try to "defund" Obamacare.

Anyone with eyes can see today that not only was that a waste of time, it was completely and utterly unnecessary as the legislation is unraveling on its own as we speak.

Harte

• Like 2

Hardly, considering what they did to try to "defund" Obamacare.

Anyone with eyes can see today that not only was that a waste of time, it was completely and utterly unnecessary as the legislation is unraveling on its own as we speak.

Harte

At least Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Mike Lee stood their ground and actually did what their constituents elected them to do.

They told everyone that ObamaCare was wrong and it will do real harm to the American people.

Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Mike Lee were labeled " Terrorists, Suicide Bombers and Hostage Takers".

--------

Only 3 weeks later 16 Democrat Senators were beating on the White House front door demanding changes to ObamaCare.

post-142056-0-14498500-1385137807_thumb.

Harte, are you a Chronic Amnesiac ?

No, it is going to bite us on th butt. May have already done so. Only a few more steps before we are a dictatorship or worse.

The democrats represent the government and the republicans represent business. At least with the repubs in office we might get jobs. But who will represent the people.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

No, it is going to bite us on th butt. May have already done so. Only a few more steps before we are a dictatorship or worse.

The democrats represent the government and the republicans represent business. At least with the repubs in office we might get jobs. But who will represent the people.

Actually, no.

The GOP / Tea Party has control of the House of Representatives.

The House has the power of the purse.

Harry Reid and his gang of losers are just swinging wildly. They know their time is short.

• Like 1

At least Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Mike Lee stood their ground and actually did what their constituents elected them to do.

They told everyone that ObamaCare was wrong and it will do real harm to the American people.

Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Mike Lee were labeled " Terrorists, Suicide Bombers and Hostage Takers".

--------

Only 3 weeks later 16 Democrat Senators were beating on the White House front door demanding changes to ObamaCare.

Harte, are you a Chronic Amnesiac ?

No, I'm just honest. Moreso than you, apparently.

First a boast about how the Tea Party looks ten years into the future, then a statement about what's happening three weeks later.

Three weeks is not ten years, is it?

The Tea Party wasn't looking even three weeks into the future, according to your own statements. That was precisely my point.

Harte

• Like 1

No, I'm just honest. Moreso than you, apparently.

First a boast about how the Tea Party looks ten years into the future, then a statement about what's happening three weeks later.

Three weeks is not ten years, is it?

The Tea Party wasn't looking even three weeks into the future, according to your own statements. That was precisely my point.

Harte

Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Mike Lee were correct. ObamaCare is causing harm to the American people.

Over 5 Million Americans are currently in Health Care Insurance Limbo.

- Seek The Truth -

Don't be afraid to admit that you were wrong about the Tea Party.

There is a VERY GOOD REASON why Senator Ted Cruz was greeted with roaring applause and an 8 minute standing when he returned to Texas. :yes:

He went to Washington D.C. to represent the concerns of his constituents. He made hundreds of enemies in Washington D.C. but more

importantly he made millions of friends across America.

The American people are looking for someone who will stand up to a very aggressive and disrespectful liberal opposition that is standing

out there with bare knuckles winding up at us every chance that they get.

Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Mike Lee were correct. ObamaCare is causing harm to the American people.

Over 5 Million Americans are currently in Health Care Insurance Limbo.

- Seek The Truth -

Don't be afraid to admit that you were wrong about the Tea Party.

I'm not wrong about the Tea Party, you are. As you have demonstrated right here in this thread.

If you wish to pretend that the Tea Party seeks the long view, then that is obviously your prerogative.

However, you can expect to be called on your bullsheet, especially by me.

Obviously, Cruz was correct. That's not the point.

The idiotic shutdown actually hurt America, and thus hurt the Republicans - right when they were on the verge of the Democrats proving them right.

This is evidence that the Tea Party doesn't even look past the nose on its face, much less "ten years" ahead as you claim.

Harte

I'm not wrong about the Tea Party, you are. As you have demonstrated right here in this thread.

If you wish to pretend that the Tea Party seeks the long view, then that is obviously your prerogative.

However, you can expect to be called on your bullsheet, especially by me.

Obviously, Cruz was correct. That's not the point.

The idiotic shutdown actually hurt America, and thus hurt the Republicans - right when they were on the verge of the Democrats proving them right.

This is evidence that the Tea Party doesn't even look past the nose on its face, much less "ten years" ahead as you claim.

Harte

The shutdown focused attention on the debt ceiling and preserved the Sequester.

Also, do you think the American people approved of Obama shutting down open air memorials like the World War II Memorial and the

Lincoln Memorial ? - Think before answering -

The Tea Party is all about reducing the size of the U.S. Government. - The Sequester -

There is a resurgence of Conservatives in America. We shall restore America. :yes:

So, preserving the sequester (supposedly) is looking ten years into the future?

Exactly how is it that making impossible demands and then caving on those demands within three weeks taking the long view?

The long view would have been to sit back and watch the Democrats destroy themselves - exactly what the rest of the Republicans were trying to do.

The Tea Party merely provided the Administration with a handy distraction - an opportunity to demonize the Republicans while simultaneously allowing the real story to simmer on the back burner until, thankfully, the Tea Party caved.

When your opponent is beating himself in the face with a hammer, it is not the time to begin the same process yourself.

Harte

http://online.wsj.co...211881413579404

All I can say is - what goes around comes around.

I have to agree iwth this. I hope the Dems don't turn into lamenting babies once this rule is used against them in the furture. Yelling, "UNFAIR!". Because... well, apparently they feel it is fair enough now to take away the one weapon of the minority.

• Like 1

George Will : Fox News " The democrats just guaranteed the repeal of ObamaCare."

When the Republicans do take control of the Senate again. And there can be no doubt that it will happen again. We will definately see this used to Full Effect. Obamacare will just be one of dozens of items that will be on the chopping block.

This was a for sure Idiot Play by the democrats... Even just thinking into 2014.

• Like 3