Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Podcasts

Bogeyman

Unless you can tell me otherwise these are the top podcasts....

Mysterious universe

The Paracast (Gene Steinberg)

The Unexplained (with Howard Hughes)

Paranormal podcast (Jim Harold)

Originz , Mysteries Abound ....(Paul Rexx)

Binnall Of America

Mysterious Universe......By far the best , Funny Insightful and no ads......Hard questions asked softly

The Paracast ........Hard Questions always asked but ads interrupt at the important moments

The Unexplained...Great Guests ...but left to spout on without a hard question in sight

Paranormal Podcast....Pretty much the American version of The unexplained...no hard questions

Originz , Mysteries abound....Brilliant, no ads's just weird stories from the past present and future

Binnall Of America....Great but invest in a studio quality Microphone.

And there you have it

Bogey

My biggest Issue with most of them is this....When the guest is on to speak about their new book you may as well switch off.....Listen out for the phrase "i don't want to give it away it's all in the book". When you hear this ....switch off because all you will hear is buy the book buy the book. The interviewers will skirt the issue because the guest won't come on if too much about the book is given away so what you end up hearing is that "this happened and buy the book to find out who what where when and how"....very frustrating

Objective vote on the best....Mysterious universe....If the guest won't divulge they will speculate

Edited by Bogeyman
  • Like 4

Cool, thank you. Out of those you listed, I had only heard of the Jim Harold podcast. The only ones I currently listen to are Darkness Radio and Spooky Southcoast.

• Like 1

Cool, thank you. Out of those you listed, I had only heard of the Jim Harold podcast. The only ones I currently listen to are Darkness Radio and Spooky Southcoast.

dm08

Hadn't heard darkness radio before...checked it out last night.....very good , thanks :tsu: , anyone got any more ?

Bogey

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Coast to coast am.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions Bogey and dm08. No offense to Zrina, but since Ian had to leave C2C, the only nights I can listen to Coast are the ones George Knapp hosts. Noory has finally driven me off. I hate the emphasis on health shows, like one long infomercial, with too many guests raising false hopes for seriously ill listeners. And his interview style is just awful. Half the time he isn't listening--asks guests questions they've just given answers to. The other half he'll interrupt a guest saying some thing interesting with some out of place question like, "Where can listeners buy your book?" Or "What's next for you?" It's like he has questions on 3X5 cards that got out of sequence and he's just trying to get them all in regardless of order!

Sorry for the rant. Anxious to test drive some of these podcasts.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I replied to this but it doesn't seem to be showing....

Your post was hidden because, as it was your first and only post, made immediately on you joining and containing just a single sentence but with two links, it looked remarkably like spam.

I have restored it.

• Like 1

Your post was hidden because, as it was your first and only post, made immediately on you joining and containing just a single sentence but with two links, it looked remarkably like spam.

I have restored it.

Yea, I see where you're coming from especially in today's age of spam.

I found this thread by searching for other paranormal podcast resources and thought that I would share the two that I enjoy listening to, with a link to each.

I'm not a spammer.

Thanks for restoring the post.

I'll be gone for a week but when I return I'll look around and start posting in other areas.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestions Bogey and dm08. No offense to Zrina, but since Ian had to leave C2C, the only nights I can listen to Coast are the ones George Knapp hosts. Noory has finally driven me off. I hate the emphasis on health shows, like one long infomercial, with too many guests raising false hopes for seriously ill listeners. And his interview style is just awful. Half the time he isn't listening--asks guests questions they've just given answers to. The other half he'll interrupt a guest saying some thing interesting with some out of place question like, "Where can listeners buy your book?" Or "What's next for you?" It's like he has questions on 3X5 cards that got out of sequence and he's just trying to get them all in regardless of order!

Sorry for the rant. Anxious to test drive some of these podcasts.....

You read my mind! I listened to just one whole Noory-hosted Coast during the past two years. He became a lost cause, and he ruined all of his shows, even the ones with great guests and subjects. He threw in the towel when his job became secure.

• Like 1

To represent the other side of the coin, here are a few that might be of interest:

http://skeptools.wordpress.com/2012/04/10/how-many-skeptic-podcasts-are-there-please-help-me-find-them-all/

My personal "never miss" ones include:

Monstertalk

Skeptoid

The Skeptics Guide to the Universe

The Thinking Athiest

Oh No Ross and Carrie

Star Talk

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll listen to Jim Harold's every now and then but any new podcasts will make the work day go by that much faster.

• 2 weeks later...

I've lately been listening to the Star Trek podcasts .....okay i'm a Trekkie...or is it Trekker ? I'm never sure ! anyway the ones that don't dress up as Klingons....(but i could be persuaded) :yes:

Anyway if you're into Star Trek there are some really good ones out there

Mission log

Trekcast

Warp 5

Some other good paranormal podcasts

The Gralien repor

Skeptiko

The Paracast is excellent but i just can't handle all the ads so i stopped listening....I mailed them about it but it wasn't received constructively.

The pity is that they have really good guests but it's just not worth the effort.Unless you want to buy rice in bulk for when the apocalypse comes !!!!

Have heard nothing yet to beat Mysterious Universe , if you've never listened you really should and i have no vested interest i cant even afford the "plus" there

Evenly balanced , interesting and funny

Relic Radio .....Sci Fi ,Horror and Strange tales is also excellent

Edited by Bogeyman

Ground Zero is entertaining and fascinating. Our local station replaced it with some boring political program, so I have to listen to its podcast. I don't always agree with Clyde Lewis, but, unlike some talk show hosts, he's rarely boring. I also like the fact that he covers a wide range of subjects, many of them being esoteric topics that are seldom discussed.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently started a podcast dealing with all sort of unexplainable things (paranormal, extraterrestrial, spiritual, conspiracies etc...).

The pod is run by 1 Christian and 2 Atheists. In episode 1 we discussed some of the more renowned strange stories on the web (Tamam Shud, Overtoun Bridge, Dyatlov Pass, etc...), episode 2 will be about one of ours strange travels in Mozambique and his unexplainable interactions with Witch Doctors, and ep 3 will be about Number Stations and unexplained broadcasts, with more to come.

If you want to check out the pod yourself it's at - http://unexplainable.podomatic.com (we are also on itunes.)

Bear in mine it's only episode 1, so we're just getting started but we are all really eager to keep doing this, planning to visit renowned locations and other things. We have only recently discovered this huge fascination with the unexplained.

The pod is called 'Weird Tales and the Unexplainable'

I'm also looking for anyone who has a story of their own that we can use on it.

Nothing is out of bounds, just anything unexplainable.

If you want to share any stories with us then you can e-mail to - unexplainableuk@mail.com

(any feedback is also welcome)

Also, I only just found this site today, and it's great!

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I like The X-Zone Radio with Rob McConnell.

http://www.xzoneradiotv.com/

Spreaker link: https://www.spreaker...er/xzoneradiotv

It's kind of like a ''mini Coast To Coast AM'' from Canada. The show has been on the air since '92 and cover a wide range of strange topics.

Thanks for the tip. It sounds extremely promising. I no longer listen to Coast when Noory hosts it. I enjoy Syrett (a Canadian) and other hosts, though.

• Like 1

Mysterious Universe is my fave, followed by The Unexplained with Howard Hughes.

They're two of the best. I like the humor and the rapport of the MU hosts, and Hughes is a class act who handles questionable guests very well. Do you listen to MITD since Bell quit due to his alleged stalker? The new hostess does a decent job, but there's a lot of controversy about the whole situation.

If you like dark and nasty humor, check out Last Podcast on the Left.

While the hosts don't take all the topics seriously, they do strongly believe in magic. I also find them hilarious.

Their online group is also great.

Thanks for the tip. It sounds extremely promising. I no longer listen to Coast when Noory hosts it. I enjoy Syrett (a Canadian) and other hosts, though.

You should listen to this part where Rob kicked a guest, Richard Sauder off the air for making bull**** claims and avoiding answering basic questions.

That was pretty funny.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 1

You should listen to this part where Rob kicked a guest, Richard Sauder off the air for making bull**** claims and avoiding answering basic questions.

That was pretty funny.

That's the skeptical exception to the gullible rule. I wish that a host would question Steve Quayle! They let him give long dissertations and soliloquies on demons and giants, and they never even question his claims. It must be some kind of quid pro quo deal with many of these shows.