Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woke up w/ Burnt scratch [picture included]

Mxlly

-Few things first, we're not very religious.

-I have woken up with scratches before, and dismissed it because I could of easily done it to myself.

-Since we moved here 4 years ago (apartment) there has been shadows and footsteps all year long.

Now where should I begin... When I woke up I felt horrible. I had a migraine, and I was intensely nauseous. I nearly threw up even. But it went away with Motrin and coffee.

I saw that I recovered just in time for class so I got up to change and when I pulled off my shirt I found two scratches.

I could of easily dismissed it as my doing during my sleep but the scratches are Burnt!! And there's no explanation for the burnt scratch.

To make matters worst, my grandma and my little brother heard me call out for my mom that night before making very odd noises or something made the odd noises.

Has anyone ever heard of burnt scratches before?

Edited by Mxlly
  • Like 1

It's burnt though

I know what burnt skin looks like and feels

A scratch is light pink

Mine is dark and it burns and the scratch also extended in smaller slashes to the left

Edited by Mxlly

A tip for readers (and maybe also the OP..). Never click on a link that looks suspicious - if a person says it is a picture and it doesn't end in jpg, gif, etc, be wary, and of course if the name of the website gives you any other hints...

OP, I'm guessing it's probably just an innocuous blog-ish post that really has a picture, but there is no way I'm touching it, given the website name.. so, byebye!

A tip for readers (and maybe also the OP..). Never click on a link that looks suspicious - if a person says it is a picture and it doesn't end in jpg, gif, etc, be wary, and of course if the name of the website gives you any other hints...

OP, I'm guessing it's probably just an innocuous blog-ish post that really has a picture, but there is no way I'm touching it, given the website name.. so, byebye!

Thanks a lot now I won't get any opinions. The first guy saw it. It's just tumblr.

Edited by Mxlly

I say check for any explanation at all. If it happens or anything like it happens get out. Doesn't matter where you go or what you do just leave. The fact is no matter what you believe or disbelieve you have to admit their is a lot of freaky stuff out their that you have no explanation of. The fact is you don't want to interfere with something you cannot control.

Did you have a plaster? your skin is pink-white or have you been peeling your skin because your arm was next to a radiator and got burnt overnight?

Did you have a plaster? your skin is pink-white or have you been peeling your skin because your arm was next to a radiator and got burnt overnight?

No.

My bed is actually next to a heater but it's covered safely and either way I have it turned off because the super rarely gives us heat but when he does it's too much

I have had it off since the start of November so it can't be that

In my opinion it looks like a scratch that is in the process of healing.

It's no where near healing

Its a scratch, and it's burnt. It wasn't there when I went to bed and other times when I wake up with scratches their thin and pink and that's how I know it's me but I couldn't have done this because it's burnt it's not a normal scratch

Plus consider the fact that there was heard weird almost 'demonic' noises in my room and that I yelled for my mom but i don't remember that but that's what my brother and my grandma heard.

Edited by Mxlly

Next time maybe look at the community before posting. We're largely analytical here and it takes a lot to get us excited.

• Like 2

You came here requesting "Help and Advice." Yet, you're not open to the advice and help you're receiving. Which is analytical truth and scientific reasoning over "OH MAN! YOU HAVE A SCRATCH, YUP IT'S A DEMON! GET OUT! RUN GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" We see this ALL too often. People don't come here seeking truth. They come here seeking someone to back up their "scary ghost stories." And when the community, of which is comprised of professionals of all realms and are NO beginners in this area of expertise, debunk and offer scientific reasoning over blind faith, the OP's run away.

• Like 1

Deco and Joc are usually good at this sort of thing so my inclination is to side with them, and looking at your picture I can't see the "burn"

as it is, burns blister, and there's not evidence of this

A scratch, sure I see that, and I'm sure it does "burn" in the sense it feels like it burns when something touches it.

I'd venture to guess, animal scratch, possibly bedpost, significant other, loose spring in the bed

• Like 2

I have awakened with bruises as big or bigger than a poker card, when there were no bruises when I went to bed ( this has happened numerous times ) , I have dreamed of being torn open by a stray dog and awakened from said dream to find the injuries inflicted on my leg in the dream still bleeding in real time( I still have a couple scars that break open occasionally), I have awakened from a dream with a black eye , again I did not have one, or any experience that could have given me one previously. ( and they tend to heal amazingly fast when it happens, even with diabetes and having a slow healing rate associated with it like in two or three days rather than a week or two.) and I have awakened ( alone) with scratches in places I cannot quite reach to make long straight scratches much less deep ones.

the subconscious mind can do terrible things to you when your asleep.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

it's a picture of a scratch. whether you say it's a burnt scratch ort whatever it is still a scratch and hardly unique.

if the devil existed I highly highly highly doubt he would do something so mundane as scratch you. and if so, what a wimpy devil indeed!

girly scratches oh my!!

I have awakened with bruises as big or bigger than a poker card, when there were no bruises when I went to bed ( this has happened numerous times ) , I have dreamed of being torn open by a stray dog and awakened from said dream to find the injuries inflicted on my leg in the dream still bleeding in real time( I still have a couple scars that break open occasionally), I have awakened from a dream with a black eye , again I did not have one, or any experience that could have given me one previously. ( and they tend to heal amazingly fast when it happens, even with diabetes and having a slow healing rate associated with it like in two or three days rather than a week or two.) and I have awakened ( alone) with scratches in places I cannot quite reach to make long straight scratches much less deep ones.

the subconscious mind can do terrible things to you when your asleep.

I beg to differ. The subconscious mind does remarkable things while you are sleep...inside your head. If you dreamed you were being bitten by a dog, and awaken to find bleeding occurring on your leg...it is a sure sign that your sleeping mind created the imagery of the dog biting you to awaken you to the fact that you had somehow injured yourself while asleep. The subconscious mind cannot inflict injuries on your body...you can do that with fingernails or whatever...but it isn't demons..it isn't your mind...if you are bleeding it is because you suffered some injury in real life, either before you went to sleep and didn't really realize it and then scratched it while sleeping...or something happened in your sleep....whatever it was it was real.

• Like 1

scratches burn - ever had a paper cut? They hurt like they are blazing hot and stinging. As has been said a healing scratch would look "burnt" aka" dry, dark and crusted but a burn would blister and blotch, you would not have a neat little line if you were burned you would end up with the jagged edges caused by blistering all over it.