Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The man who can taste the London Tube map

Still Waters

Most London commuters have a love/hate relationship with the Underground depending on their experience of delays. But for one man, travelling on the Tube has a very particular effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-24990432

• Like 1

never heard of that condition before.

Maybe they can make the line colours with a taste attached or a scratch and sniff, it will be great fun for kids....and some adults.

A hereditary trait and one that appears to have not been incorporated into our evolution. If it had, then imagine what how powerful our oral and written language would be ... to "eat one's own words" would have an entirely new meaning.

• Like 1

I wonder if any of the stations taste of that lovely blast of rotten air you get when standing on the platform.

listing to music must be extra intense for this guy

• Like 2

NEXT TIME ON DETECTIVE LICKS...

"What do you make of it, Licks?"

"I can't think when you're talking, Craig. You're interfering with the taste."

• Like 1

"Dude, can you smell that color and taste that sound... No, well here, have another sugar cube..." -LoLzzz

• Like 1

Synesthesia is an intriguing concept. Upon recovering from rotator cuff surgery this summer, I was placed in an interesting room for PT. It had this huge displayed quartz crystal facing me, while I was on the massage table. It also had a big hunk of pink himalayan salt. When the therapist started working on the rotation of the humerus in my shoulder cuff, the light in the room went green, while I was gritting my teeth with pain. It happened several times, green lighting, mostly limited to that room. It did happen one other time in another room.

Edited by regeneratia

• 2 months later...

Synesthesia isn't all that rare. I've heard 1 in 25 people may have it. I have the more common type. I "see" what I hear, like voices and music. I also have a visual calendar for months and for the week, and I have a number line, which is somewhat common to synesthetes.

Razer, I can't imagine what it would be like to not have it. I consider it a gift and I also use it a lot, especially where numbers are concerned. My favorite song to watch is the theme from ST:TNG because I can see the notes in different colors as they play together, followed by the big white explosion at the end of the theme.

OMG - I am so sorry everyone - I just realized this topic is more than 2 months old. :cry: