Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post a Dream Thread

Jack Skellington

Hello, hello again...

If anyone has a dream they remember well, and would like to post it here in this thread I will offer whatever help I might, toward understanding if I'm able.

• Like 1

Some folks might think dreams are beyond understanding. I know that some think they are meaningless psychological gibberish best left ignored or dismissed, but I have found there is meaning contained within the context and concepts that are expressed in dream, and also that there are certain principles that can be applied to help us understand the duality of our nature. Physical and spiritual. One provides us a perspective of the other. One addresses the surface of things, the other the inner dimension, or if you like--- the dimension beyond the physical meaning. Yet both are true and connected.

Got a favorite dream song?

This is a nice offer thanks :)

I will have a job interview on monday and tuesday. I want the job on tuesday's interview more. Last night I had a dream that they were asking me a very difficult question during the interview. I am also playing a game which requires some difficult tasks to be accomplished and the question they asked had in it the 'notions' from my game. I woke up and thought "what a difficult question that was" is it just my stress about the interviews or do you think there is more to it?

I dream lots of things I have dream each night and most are detailed but this one is the last one i had so perhaps it is better to ask this :)

Tell me the dream... ?

I can share one from last night but don't feel in a hurry to answer it or anything. The night before I had nightmares all night because I went to bed sick. The main one I remember was being chased around an underground pyramid by an Aztec god. Snakes were everywhere and I was running around in the darkness with both. So I guess that will teach me to watch Snakes on a Plane before bed. lol.

Anyway last nights was quiet strange.

I dreamt there was a man tied to a bed on his back but in such a way that if he was to relax and lay down a shotgun on the bed would kill him. He was laying next to another guy who had already died and was rotting. So the alive man looked like he has been there for ages and looked like a punk style person. So with a mohawk and his cheeks were all sunken and almost as if he had no skin. He also had no feet as they had been cut off. In his final moments he lost his bowels and then collapsed and was shot in the back and he appeared to die.

Then he got really angry and he struggled as hard as he could as if he wanted his freedom so badly. He busted out of the chains and then captured the lady who had done this to him and was watching. This ended up being me and I was then forced to go to a place along a muddy path and at the end of it there was a small mud pit with punji sticks. He wanted me to jump in myself. So I looked and chose a spot that looked not so.. stickish. I landed and let out a fake cry of pain as if I had been stuck.

I cried in pain for awhile and then pretended to faint from it and I lay down as if I was dead. He then let a pig into the mud to eat me. It started to sniff around me knowing I was food but instead it rubbed all its teets against my mouth. It was a pregnant pig and milk was slightly coming out. I wanted to show the pig I understood inorder to make it understand I wasnt food but I couldnt move because he was watching and would shoot me. So I lay still and the guy mustve thought I was still food and walked away. The pig then turned into a giant green caterpillar which was trying to feed me like the pig.

Soon I got up and walked away and back to a place where you had to dive into water and follow an underwater tube that took you into a main building. The water had bubbles in it which meant you could breathe underwater. Inside this building was where most of the people lived. They all had certain jobs they did without questioning why and everything was automated. I reached a place at the top but had gotten past security and dove into another water area which showed me things I wasnt supposed to see. This part of the dream was long and confusing but basically the system was collapsing and the automated systems were killing people off. And they didn't know any better.

I went back to save a son and showed him where to dive for freedom. We got seperated but I think he got out but I was still inside. I reached a place deep under the earth where there was a huge hollowed out area as if the Earths core. In this area was a large brain that was being connected to the Earth. So it was basically the person who had setup the automated system above but now he was expanding so he could be connected to entire Earth. So just by thinking he could move the landscape as if simply pulling down the Earth with arms that wernt there. So he was the Earth. I was shown this and he moved the Earths ground around me making me sink into it more.

I forget most of the rest and I'm confused on the order of it. I remember going after the son to make sure he got out safely but I also remember going back in afterwards to stop the system.

Anyway if you wish you can give your thoughts on why I dreamt this. I understand though that dreams are personal so certain symbols might mean different things to others.

Edited by Kazahel

I can offer some basic principles that might help you and others better understand dreams in general. Yes, there are personal elements to dreams, and I will always respect a person's privacy and not comment where I fear it could cause offense, embarrassment, or emotional stress.

If you can accept the dual nature of dreams and this physical/spiritual reality I speak about whereabouts are true, but distinct, then you can move forward in conceptual understanding and spiritual understanding really because the physical realm is not difficult for us since it is familiar. For example, we can understand flying in a dream I. A physical sense, but might overlook the idea of "rising above" or "being lifted in spirit," and so on.

First, let's consider who "you" are when you say things like "I was then forced to go along a muddy path..."

The "you" in dreams, or the "I" in dreams (the eye) that you recognize as yourself, the participant or observer is your spiritual self. When we dream, we are in spirit. It is when we are asleep, or at rest physically that we allow the spirit to over step the limits of our minds and while our bodies make few demands on consciousness, our minds catch little glimpses of our spiritual reality, but only in vignettes, or concepts that our minds then render into those familiar, physical things we can try to wrap our heads around. This is where most people get stuck. Simply stated, sometimes there are no words for things unworldly, so as our minds render images, we fail to connect the dots, and then upon waking we attempt to fill in the blanks, often in error.

Anyways-- your dream.

It's my habit to share a song at times... Whatever the Spirit lends. I do love music, but the music is only the carrier for the message. It's like loving horses, but depending on the Pony Express to deliver the mail. Your dream speaks of a personal struggle and I'll not go into the nature of it, but it is no mystery to you I know.

Just as the "you" in your dreams is not the physical you, but a spiritual representation of you-- (really, it's quite the opposite--the physical you is a representation or image of the spiritual you, but that's another subject). --so too are these other men in your dreams not "men," but spirits. The "punk" and the dead man that remains rotting "in your bed" are spiritual antagonists-- some might call them a'evil spirits' or 'demons' -- I don't really care what name they are given, they don't belong in your house (in you) and certainly not in your bed. That's all I intend to say on the matter.

Secondly, as a matter of principle-- to be in the water is to be in spirit, as opposed to be in the earth, in the mud and so forth-- which speaks of the physical aspects. Your dream speaks well of the freedom available in spirit in contrast to the bondage of the physical. I can go deeper into some of these things, but hopefully that is enough to help you along. Recognize that your escape is spiritual and yes-- there is one controlling things behind the scenes who works against you.

I haven't had it in a while but I used to have a recurring dream that a bunch of mannikens were locked behind a fence. In the dream I was always a little boy sitting in front of a fence guarding them. If I ever fell asleep on the job the manikens would come to life knock down the fence and start attacking people by sticking spigots on their necks draining their blood and drinking it. There was always a collossal struggle to get these manikens back behind the fence so I could guard them again.

This is a crazy strange movie dream.

I dreamed that I ran into this community by an ocean that was home to these people that were not really people. It's in the afternoon so the details are starting to fade.

I was with people and this community were people made out of this kind of stuff. It was like an alien substance that took over people's bodies. At first I made a narrow escape but members of my group were caught and turned. Other members hid in the hills, but I want back to save some but I was captured. It was quite a battle.

There were many scenarios but I want to make it quick. At one point the took me to a room and tortured and burned my friend to show me that the stuff they are made of can make them nearly indestructible. He was placed in some kind of fire room and repeatedly burned. When he came out his body was sort of Caramelized. They took him off to be put back to normal. It's like they were trying to convince me that it was good to be like them.

I made an escape realizing my friends where now them. I reunited with my other friends but there was no way out in the hills and other routes had been blocked. It was a beautiful hilly town by the ocean with a wonderful marina. I made the decision we would make it to the marina and steal a boat.

It was quite a battle at the marina. No weapons but much hand to hand. We tried to get a small fast boat but couldn't. I lost a few that were with me then. But I dove into the water. That's when I came to the revelation that I was no longer on earth, I was in a different place that only looked like earth. Some sort of transport had happened on my hike. The water wasn't water. It was some sort acostic chemical that I could barely tolerate. Or rather there was something in the water that was acostic. I barely made it out coughing and choking. A 2 others did to. But we were down to three and still being pursued. I managed to procure a large high speed yaht like boat. We had to gun it smashing into other boats as they tried to block us. We almost made it until these boats with gatlen guns intercepted us and opened fire. I barely made it off on a high speed dingi. The other 2 perished.

I sped away realizing I was not where I was supposed to be. The water was strange. There was a chemical mist coming from it. I was In despair because I could not fathom trying to survive In such a hostile place. I woke up a bit relieved, but also strangely intrigued about the alien substance trying o convince me to be like them in a hostile world. They could have turned me like the others but they were trying to convince me.

Strange. One thing I learned. Never go swimming in nail polish remover.

It's my habit to share a song at times... Whatever the Spirit lends. I do love music, but the music is only the carrier for the message.

Me too. Thankyou for your time and insights.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

Hi, this isn't necessarily a dream, but it really is along the same lines, and I have yet to be able to translate what it means.

Sometimes I wake up out of dreams, or out of sleepy states, or meditation (when I used to regularly do it) I will hear a phrase said in my mind that is perceived not as being said by me, but being heard. I feel this way because the phrase takes me by surprise and I have to take a second to understand what it just said. It will sometimes use language styles I don't even use, or words I don't even really know the meaning of without having to look it up. I recorded the phrases in my dream journal. If you or anyone else might have any hints toward any kind of direction I could head in understanding these phrases, it would help:

Did you forget your name? - 4/8/12

Help. - 8/21/12

You are a shadow, shadow, leader of the shadow people. - 9/17/12

It's in your head and you don't see it. - 9/29/12

Enter and come talk to me now, or die. - 10/20/12

You. - 12/5/12

You.- 12/6/12

We're working toward a goal. - 2/26/13

Unity. - 2/27/13

We have a benefactor. - 3/1/13

Malady. - 3/3/13

I'm giving you a right to move on. - 3/5/13

Tread lightly, for ours is the way of the Serpent. - 3/13/13

It's time for healing. Let's go on a rocket ride. - 3/14/13

We've got a fire inside. - 3/19/13

Find it. - 3/28/13

The most intriguing to me on 3/13/13, I came out of a sleepy state to 'hear' this in my head, and it really took me by surprise. I really don't talk, much less think with that type of phrasing, and it sounded to me like how someone would talk in a past era. The way it was said makes me feel like it was a play on words, saying to watch how I proceed, and 'way of the Serpent (capitalized in the dream journal)' had some other meaning than the obvious. With this in mind, whatever was said had a sense of style to it that intrigues me the most. It was clever.

Any leads? Way of the Serpent? Why should I tread lightly? Who is 'we'? Me and whoever said it? Them? Who would 'they' be? A lot of questions, for that one in particular, as well as the phrases as a whole. I haven't heard any lately, but to be honest I've drifted from how I used to be aware of dreams and different aspects of myself last year, and earlier this year.

Generally speaking, in order to understand a dream more detail is better. Context is important. Names and colors and such.

Who do you think the "we" represents?

I can tell you the immediate association that came to me and it is this...

CC630.jpg

Do you see why context is important? If I speak of the way of the serpent and the need to tread lightly with this context, the "we" becomes obvious.

The symbol of the rattlesnake goes back to the 13 Colonies even, and in truth much, much farther than that. For fun, look up something called the Nehushtan. So, to whom do the voices belong? Well, it isn't an army of one. These voices belong to those "of the sea." Of spirit.

I remember the dream that woke me up last night; I was doing my common drifting (not really flying because I don't need to exert any energy to move about) over some nice grassy hill country when I was accosted by a horrible smell -- like bleach or ammonia but really strong). It woke me up.

ha ha..... and so, --you woke up!

• Like 1

Generally speaking, in order to understand a dream more detail is better. Context is important. Names and colors and such.

Who do you think the "we" represents?

I can tell you the immediate association that came to me and it is this...

CC630.jpg

Do you see why context is important? If I speak of the way of the serpent and the need to tread lightly with this context, the "we" becomes obvious.

The symbol of the rattlesnake goes back to the 13 Colonies even, and in truth much, much farther than that. For fun, look up something called the Nehushtan. So, to whom do the voices belong? Well, it isn't an army of one. These voices belong to those "of the sea." Of spirit.

That's the thing with most of these phrases. I don't recall a context because I just woke up to most of them. Some were at the end of dreams I barely recall, but most were 'cold' phrases.

All I know is that this subject of Serpent seems to be an important one to me in the phrase, and may be what I need to figure out the most. Awhile ago I told of this phrase in a thread without reading what else was on the page yet, and saw after posting that someone had written just above mine about symbology of the snake to someone else's random post: http://www.unexplain...t

Again, this time posting here in this thread, I failed to read any replies past the first few, and then after posting read the first part of Kazahel's post.

I feel like there is something just out of reach, but not invisible. I just don't know how to figure it out.

Edited by _Only

Twice I awoke with a similar catchphrase.... Once, it was one simple word-- "Escape."

The other time it was-- "Tell them. Tell them this is hell."

I was in a distraught state one night and went to sleep hoping for some insight. I dreamt of a meadow of bright yellow flowers, can't say what kind for sure but they reminded me of daisies except much larger and bright orange tinged yellow. Would be interested in your thoughts JS.

I was in a distraught state one night and went to sleep hoping for some insight. I dreamt of a meadow of bright yellow flowers, can't say what kind for sure but they reminded me of daisies except much larger and bright orange tinged yellow. Would be interested in your thoughts JS.

Forgive me, but I would need more context than that to try to make much sense of it for you. Was that the whole dream? Just an image of a field of flowers, or did you interact in some way. Did anything happen?

What are your personal ties to Florida?

A field of flowers.... Twisted together like the honey and the Bee.

Edited by Jack Skellington

Forgive me, but I would need more context than that to try to make much sense of it for you. Was that the whole dream? Just an image of a field of flowers, or did you interact in some way. Did anything happen?

What are your personal ties to Florida?

I have no connection to Florida, I'm in Australia - no relatives etc there either. I was looking for some relief from work stress and asked for a sign things would get better, I then dreamt of a sunlit field of yellow-orange flowers, nothing else happened in the dream that I woke remembering.

Weird dream last night; I'm driving a new sub-sub-sub compact car down this narrow street and it turns out to be an aisle in an apartment building with lots of really old people wandering around and looking at me puzzled. Then I come to a long stairway heading down so I can't turn around and have to go down, but at one of the landings I get where the rear wheels can't get traction and I can't move. So all these old people get behind and start pushing. I come to the entrance and they open the door and out I go, and they wave goodbye.

Weird dream last night; I'm driving a new sub-sub-sub compact car down this narrow street and it turns out to be an aisle in an apartment building with lots of really old people wandering around and looking at me puzzled. Then I come to a long stairway heading down so I can't turn around and have to go down, but at one of the landings I get where the rear wheels can't get traction and I can't move. So all these old people get behind and start pushing. I come to the entrance and they open the door and out I go, and they wave goodbye.

Thinking of getting yourself a mobility scooter for the elderly?

• Like 1

Most of my dreams are boring but this one was so stupid I just had to post it.

No such thing as a stupid dream Frank ... from personal experience its dreams such as these that is most vivid and thus easily remembered ... and easily forgotten after a few hours or so ...

Weird dream last night; I'm driving a new sub-sub-sub compact car down this narrow street and it turns out to be an aisle in an apartment building with lots of really old people wandering around and looking at me puzzled. Then I come to a long stairway heading down so I can't turn around and have to go down, but at one of the landings I get where the rear wheels can't get traction and I can't move. So all these old people get behind and start pushing. I come to the entrance and they open the door and out I go, and ' they ' wave goodbye.

bold and italics mine Frank ... don't seems stupid to me at all ... ;)

~

• Like 1

I have no connection to Florida, I'm in Australia - no relatives etc there either. I was looking for some relief from work stress and asked for a sign things would get better, I then dreamt of a sunlit field of yellow-orange flowers, nothing else happened in the dream that I woke remembering.

Ha ha.... I didn't expect you would... The name Florida means "flowery land" or 'field of flowers.' The video I posted was filmed south of Queensland, Australia at the Miami Ice plant on Gold Coast highway however.

Edited by Jack Skellington