Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strangeness in the Skies

Controller Junkie

Let me start this by saying I am a believer of the paranormal kind. A skeptical believer albeit but I do believe. I generaly am ai believe it if i see it person, who has seen some unexplainable things. I have also examined abd researched a heap of overwhelming evidence thats well just that overwhelming . Its swayed my beliefs and really changed me to the core.

Im not typically one who starts topics on here usually i just reply to the forums on hand. Between my kids and work i dont have alot of time. I witnessed something really strange the other night (Nov.22,2013) which welll was just weird. Im mostly curious to know whether anyone else has expierenced any thing similar or if it can be explained away by convential methods:

It was about 1:00 am on the east coast. Im in louisville Ky. I was in my back yard, its been quite frigid lately but i usually go out to smoke. I was laying in a hammock on the phone, so Im laying flat on my back looking straight up at a clear sky, not a cloud in site. The moon was very bright. So im on the phone looking up at the stars. im just staring up at this star cluster.Im not an astrologist or astronomer so i dont know the name of the star or cluster, but all of a suddden one of the stars just shoots up from the rest at about a 55 degree angle and then just straight up and vaishes into the sky...Im totally dumbfounded. I mean It looked absolutely identical to the 4 or 5 stars it was surrounded by, a small round white light blip. A normal average star. I cant explain it. Im a believer and have seen some strange things, but never a cloaked or rogue star. As I said I'm no astronomer but I dont see how a falling/shooting star which i have seen, could travel up and right , then so far up its out of sight never to fall back down I'm telling you it was weird. If anyone has any insights, ideas , or shared expierences I'd love to hear them.

I also have a very intriguing crypto event i witnessed (5yrs ago) of a wolf-like creature ,I'm (not sure but it was unidentifiable to me) expierenced by myself and two others. I've been wanting to get a sketch artist rendering of the beast. If anyones I'll try and post the details of the event on here when I get time.

Edited by Controller Junkie
  • Like 1

I dunno why everything happens only in US. It is so boring in Canada...

Like you said, you are not an astronomer.

"Cloaked or rogue star". :D

Edited by DBunker

To Controller Junkie...

Even if you were an astronomer there really is no definitive explanation that can be given in a nutshell. Such events can be and are discussed till the cows come home but may never be rewitnessed by you in your lifetime or believed or understood by anyone else.

Commonly or not people do see these phenomena. This is fact, but unfortunately to date any worldly or other worldly explanation is just opinion.

It is obvious that not all things can be known by man, or ever shall be. That is when speculation finds comfort.

These sightings are usual only in that they are witnessed by an individual without any verification, and exist nothing more but their ability to relay the story from memory.

Unusally and opposite to what one might expect because these sightings are very eyecatching, instantaneous and without trauma, they leave an impression easy to recall, even with minute detail.

I think there is no doubt that these type of sightings transcend conventional wisdom so why not then the equivalent of a 'divine' experience meant solely for you? Again just my thoughts. Good luck.

• Like 2

To Controller Junkie...

Even if you were an astronomer there really is no definitive explanation that can be given in a nutshell. Such events can be and are discussed till the cows come home but may never be rewitnessed by you in your lifetime or believed or understood by anyone else.

Commonly or not people do see these phenomena. This is fact, but unfortunately to date any worldly or other worldly explanation is just opinion.

It is obvious that not all things can be known by man, or ever shall be. That is when speculation finds comfort.

These sightings are usual only in that they are witnessed by an individual without any verification, and exist nothing more but their ability to relay the story from memory.

Unusally and opposite to what one might expect because these sightings are very eyecatching, instantaneous and without trauma, they leave an impression easy to recall, even with minute detail.

I think there is no doubt that these type of sightings transcend conventional wisdom so why not then the equivalent of a 'divine' experience meant solely for you? Again just my thoughts. Good luck.

Either that or it was an ET craft that was hovering for a while and then decided to take off.

You guys do make things jolly complicated.

:blush:

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

Let me start this by saying I am a believer of the paranormal kind. A skeptical believer albeit but I do believe. I generaly am ai believe it if i see it person, who has seen some unexplainable things. I have also examined abd researched a heap of overwhelming evidence thats well just that overwhelming . Its swayed my beliefs and really changed me to the core.

Im not typically one who starts topics on here usually i just reply to the forums on hand. Between my kids and work i dont have alot of time. I witnessed something really strange the other night (Nov.22,2013) which welll was just weird. Im mostly curious to know whether anyone else has expierenced any thing similar or if it can be explained away by convential methods:

It was about 1:00 am on the east coast. Im in louisville Ky. I was in my back yard, its been quite frigid lately but i usually go out to smoke. I was laying in a hammock on the phone, so Im laying flat on my back looking straight up at a clear sky, not a cloud in site. The moon was very bright. So im on the phone looking up at the stars. im just staring up at this star cluster.Im not an astrologist or astronomer so i dont know the name of the star or cluster, but all of a suddden one of the stars just shoots up from the rest at about a 55 degree angle and then just straight up and vaishes into the sky...Im totally dumbfounded. I mean It looked absolutely identical to the 4 or 5 stars it was surrounded by, a small round white light blip. A normal average star. I cant explain it. Im a believer and have seen some strange things, but never a cloaked or rogue star. As I said I'm no astronomer but I dont see how a falling/shooting star which i have seen, could travel up and right , then so far up its out of sight never to fall back down I'm telling you it was weird. If anyone has any insights, ideas , or shared expierences I'd love to hear them.

I also have a very intriguing crypto event i witnessed (5yrs ago) of a wolf-like creature ,I'm (not sure but it was unidentifiable to me) expierenced by myself and two others. I've been wanting to get a sketch artist rendering of the beast. If anyones I'll try and post the details of the event on here when I get time.

You probably saw a meteorite. They sometimes breakup or explode sending pieces in all directions giving the illusion of a change in direction.

To Controller Junkie...

Wrong. Meteorites break up or explode quite often. An observer on the ground may see it as a sudden change in direction.

Edited by sinewave

Just a reminder to everyone, we do have 2 comets in the skies right now, and Ison is set to put on a show, perhaps

http://www.independe...un-8960645.html

http://www.universet...ison-and-encke/

But going back to the OP, one of my sightings involved a star like object, ie, it looked like all the other stars in size and brightness...move across the skies... stop...then move back and kept going till out of sight.. I even woke up an annoyed GF at the time who saw it too, eventually..

What it was...how can I say? And way to high to get a photo....

encke_ison_crop_srem_lr.gif

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

it definitely didnt seem divine on meant for me. Actually was very mundane and not normal but not awkward. Not at all What I would imagine if i were to be told before hand i was going to have a sighting of any kind. Ther were no flashy lights no loss of time or space or memory (not that i remember anyway lol.) It was just so far away, and seemed like i said strange but for some reason it astonished me but i realy didnt react for quite some time.I am almost certain it wasnt a meteorite. Not unless a meteor can be adsolutely motionless then all of a sudden shoot off up and acoss the sky from the others and then just upinto the sky gone.Poof just like that. It really seemed like whaever it was just went like allright guys im out and left.. Every night since ive looked up and seen the same stars minus the whatever it is in question just very normal looking stars, which i think they are but notsure about the one that somehow left. Weird to me anyways.

Edited by Controller Junkie

To Controller Junkie...

Sometimes putting them out there like this does resolve them though, I have seen Jim Oberg demystify quite a few celestial events, and a while back, on talk show on JJJ radio a listener rang in and told Dr Karl about a UFO he saw, he did not say it was an alien spaceship, he kept the description bland, and because he did, and noted the time, Dr Karl, who was quite jealous, was able to definitively say he saw a space shuttle docking with the ISS. Lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

More experts like Jim and Dr Karl are making themselves available to the public. As more do, old superstitions continue to recede.

• Like 1

Just a reminder to everyone, we do have 2 comets in the skies right now, and Ison is set to put on a show, perhaps

http://www.independe...un-8960645.html

http://www.universet...ison-and-encke/

But going back to the OP, one of my sightings involved a star like object, ie, it looked like all the other stars in size and brightness...move across the skies... stop...then move back and kept going till out of sight.. I even woke up an annoyed GF at the time who saw it too, eventually..

What it was...how can I say? And way to high to get a photo....

encke_ison_crop_srem_lr.gif

Nice animation mate!

I am hoping the weather holds down here and we get a good look at Ison this week.

• Like 1

Zoser thats exactly the only explanation that made sense to m as wellI just wanted to get the scientific scoop on whether there wer any anomalous events or any coventional explantions before I made the jump from sem skeptical believer to full fledge paranoid deranged dillusional Abductee... Just a joke wasnt abducted but you know the stigma that comes with telling anyone who doesnt see the world that way youve witnessed some type of event or sighting

Zoser thats exactly the only explanation that made sense to m as wellI just wanted to get the scientific scoop on whether there wer any anomalous events or any coventional explantions before I made the jump from sem skeptical believer to full fledge paranoid deranged dillusional Abductee... Just a joke wasnt abducted but you know the stigma that comes with telling anyone who doesnt see the world that way youve witnessed some type of event or sighting

A light in the sky is an alien spaceship or it is not?

Really?

And you honestly wonder why the phenomena is ridiculed?

Really?

No chance it is a meteor is there? I know you said "straight up" but you do realise that the showers we are seeing at the moment are not rocks coming toward us, we are traveling through debris fields, and the objects can hit the atmosphere from any direction. Depending on your vantage point and the trajectory of what you have seen, something might well appear to go straight up, when it does not. It very well probably did vanish, but it probably broke up in the atmosphere.

I saw a star act strangely once too, it turned out after correcting myself several times to be only my footing. You would be surprised how a tiny angle can have such an impact.

I have seen a UFO much closer than that, and reported it to NARCAP, and I have no reason at all to think what I saw was artifical, let alone an alien spaceship. Why do you think a small light in the sky has to be an alien spaceship? Going by your posts, it appears that this is the answer you desire, is that all you were seeking here?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

I live in the mountains of ky, powell county. I also see some strange stuff in the sky at night. most I assume are satellites or planes. But I have seen on a couple of occasions on 2 different nights near the same spot in the sky, flashes of light. more like they fade in from nothing and go really bright and fade back out again, they werent moving and only lasted about 5 seconds if that long. The first time I seen it the color was bright blue and the second time it was white. there was another time that I seen what I thought was a meteor until it stoped in midair for a few seconds and then just dimmed out. it was low in the sky and traveling from my left to right over the mountain tops.

A light in the sky is an alien spaceship or it is not?

Really?

And you honestly wonder why the phenomena is ridiculed?

Really?

No chance it is a meteor is there? I know you said "straight up" but you do realise that the showers we are seeing at the moment are not rocks coming toward us, we are traveling through debris fields, and the objects can hit the atmosphere from any direction. Depending on your vantage point and the trajectory of what you have seen, something might well appear to go straight up, when it does not. It very well probably did vanish, but it probably broke up in the atmosphere.

I saw a star act strangely once too, it turned out after correcting myself several times to be only my footing. You would be surprised how a tiny angle can have such an impact.

I have seen a UFO much closer than that, and reported it to NARCAP, and I have no reason at all to think what I saw was artifical, let alone an alien spaceship. Why do you think a small light in the sky has to be an alien spaceship? Going by your posts, it appears that this is the answer you desire, is that all you were seeking here?

This just seems to be the same case of the OP looking for someone to validate the opinion he has already formed without even considering any alternative, and more plausible, explanations.

It's aliens or it's nothing, it would seem.

• Like 3

This just seems to be the same case of the OP looking for someone to validate the opinion he has already formed without even considering any alternative, and more plausible, explanations.

It's aliens or it's nothing, it would seem.

Why must people worry so much...checking over this shoulder or that... only to find what follows is the truth. I guess its human nature. :alien:

• Like 1

Try and find this thing during the day. It's a lot more disturbing when it's not just a light.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I did not automatically think it was ufoand still not sure, all im saying is Ive seen something strange, which I can not explain. My point was not for validation,you make me laugh, a text on a forum is going to validate what. No I was wondering A. if there were scientific or otherwise conventional explainations for what i saw.. Meaning someone more knowledgeable in astronomy as well as other areas of expertise could offer an explanation,, or B. If anyone else saw what I seen that night or any thing similar before.

But look at the situation here, Im being basically ridiculed for posting a forum on a website named "UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES". Wow, and skeptics wondefI really dont think Ive said anything far fetched like little green men or abduction. Just a light in the sky. WOW, and skeptics wonder why more people dont come forward. Wow...

• Like 1

It sounds like something I saw in the summer of 2001 in Texas. I knew for sure it was a UFO - (E.T in nature? I don't know - possibly) and after it put on a little light show for maybe 2 minutes, it then sped off into the distance and then remained stationary blending in with other lights. I certainly wouldn't put it past them to do such things, like camaflouge to go undetected.

Edited by Ever After
  • Like 1