Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man films mysterious light over Canterbury

UM-Bot

Sasha Shaker used his iPad to record footage of a strange glowing sphere as it danced across the sky.

Sasha and his wife Carly had been returning home from the cinema when they noticed something unusual in the sky over Wincheap. The glowing orb-like object seemed to move across the sky in an unusual fashion, looping back on itself in a feat of impressive aerial gymnastics.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/258315/man-films-mysterious-light-over-canterbury

so what was the yellowish light dancing around also? And on his YT channel he calls it an aircraft???

Edited by seeder

Well the orange light is clearly a lens flare caused by the street lamp. The blue dot is the only "real UFO" I see. As for what it is, it could be some kind of RC toy with LED lights on it.

• Like 3

It is an unusual object. If its an RC toy with LED lights it must be a big one. Living near an airport I have seen airplanes coming in for a landing and the size of the light was similar so it must be huge. A toy plane would not be zipping around like that and even toy planes have to follow the laws of aerodynamics.

Edited by minera

so what was the yellowish light dancing around also? And on his YT channel he calls it an aircraft???

[media=]

[/media]

I think it is a mouse pointer not an aircraft.

It is an unusual object. If its an RC toy with LED lights it must be a big one. Living near an airport I have seen airplanes coming in for a landing and the size of the light was similar so it must be huge. A toy plane would not be zipping around like that and even toy planes have to follow the laws of aerodynamics.

I dont see why it has to be big to make such a light, anything that has a glow makes it almost impossible to judge the size... and if he was really seeing a ufo, why no surprised WTF comments?

heres one someone made earlier, do watch all the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80GxGHypCJM

I have taken a more logical view of what it may be and a big clue has come about. If you look for Cogans Terrace, Canterbury (you can see the roadsign in the video) and then find the exact same junction he is standing filming from, and then zoom out to see the wider land, you can see a large nature park area in the exact same direction as the UFO.

For me, that is a fair bit of evidence that the "UFO" is likely to be a remote control plane/helicopter with lights on it. Because when you are in a built up area such as where he is, the logical explanation for using a R/C toy would be the biggest expanse of grassy area, such as a park or a nature area...... and that is pretty much where this thing appears to be flying. This for me adds much more weight towards the theory of it being a earthly based solution such as a R/C toy, than it being anything more unusual.

• Like 1

At this time, I'll go with the "RC" theory as well.

This clip may be of investigational interest for extraterrestials as well. At 00:40 it has been proven, that humans

are able to fart and that they are using a technology, to record that.

Edited by toast

A toy plane would not be zipping around like that and even toy planes have to follow the laws of aerodynamics.

I'm guessing it is one of those four rotor helicopters. They can fly like that.

• Like 1

I have taken a more logical view of what it may be and a big clue has come about. If you look for Cogans Terrace, Canterbury (you can see the roadsign in the video) and then find the exact same junction he is standing filming from, and then zoom out to see the wider land, you can see a large nature park area in the exact same direction as the UFO.

For me, that is a fair bit of evidence that the "UFO" is likely to be a remote control plane/helicopter with lights on it. Because when you are in a built up area such as where he is, the logical explanation for using a R/C toy would be the biggest expanse of grassy area, such as a park or a nature area...... and that is pretty much where this thing appears to be flying. This for me adds much more weight towards the theory of it being a earthly based solution such as a R/C toy, than it being anything more unusual.

And there is a woman with her head in a bush.

I'm confused... which light are they talking about?

Initially, in the thumbnail, I thought it was that big light which turned out to be the street light.

Then, when the video started going, there are two small lights, one is very active and kind of moves like an illuminated bug and the other steadier but moving in the same direction as the bug.

So, which is the weird light?

• Like 2

Initially, in the thumbnail, I thought it was that big light which turned out to be the street light.

Then, when the video started going, there are two small lights, one is very active and kind of moves like an illuminated bug and the other steadier but moving in the same direction as the bug.

That is what I saw too, one of the bugs even flies in front of the light early in the clip (1:35) and then down the street.

Is that supposed to be the sphere?

• Like 1

The two small (the orange & blue) lights are suppose to be the UFOs.

• Like 2

it looked like something until the light passed infront of the street light. fake.

That is what I saw too, one of the bugs even flies in front of the light early in the clip (1:35) and then down the street.

Is that supposed to be the sphere?

The two small (the orange & blue) lights are suppose to be the UFOs.

One looks like a bug and the other looks like it could be a reflection, maybe? I don't know but the bug light I'm sure is a bug.

• Like 1

Well the orange light is clearly a lens flare caused by the street lamp. The blue dot is the only "real UFO" I see. As for what it is, it could be some kind of RC toy with LED lights on it.

That seems a reasonable explanation.

One looks like a bug and the other looks like it could be a reflection, maybe? I don't know but the bug light I'm sure is a bug.

I honestly reckon that you are right. Seems to small to be RC, but hey, they do come rather compact. Maybe it is, but it sure looks like a bug.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...