Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

theories on why ETs have not....

NocturnalWatcher

Involved themselves in human affairs.

Obviously there is a ton of problems in the world that a more advanced species would be able to help us with, so why haven't they?

Theory #1. They are no longer able to involve themselves with the evolution of the human race due to past experiences.

What of the ancient alien theory is true and the gods are infact aliens. They would see the impact that religion and other knowledge they have given has caused so many problems here on earth. Because of this they may have put forth some kind of agreement that they can not get involved with an intelligent race until it has reached a certain point either spirituality or technologically.

Theory #2. They are worried about our hostile reaction if they were to present themselves or try to land in large numbers. Its no secret the us government tries its best to shoot down Ufos, when they realized radar was taking down UFOs they started aiming the radar at the crafts to bring down as many as they could. At this point in time if they did arrive in large numbers its possible they would be attacked. They may not want to put themselves in a vulnerable situation.

Theory #3. They are already involved in human affairs but we don't know it. They have integrated themselves into our society and are trying to help us from the inside bringing down corruption and trying to make the world a better place disguised as us.

Theory #4. They already control the human race and want us in this position of slavery, unhappiness and conflict. They view us as hostile unintelligent beings with the goal of manipulating us and taking whatever resources they can get their hands on.

Theory #5. They are waiting for us to resolve our conflicts and come together as a species to work towards a better and more sustainable aka world peace. They think any technology given to us in the present like free energy etc could be weaponized and used against us as well as them.

What are your theories?

I may sound really crazy, but I have a speculation why aliens are not showing up openly.

Without our knowing, our planet might be a very dangerous place to the rest of the galaxy. Probably Earth is known to 'The Dark Planet', where prolonged residence cause some form of madness. I know that it really sounds insane, but maybe our planet is known to be 'haunted'. Or there's something really dangerous in our Solar System so any kind of massive invasion will cause a major disaster for them.

And I don't think it's never a good thing for us.

I can think of a reason or two.

Interstellar travel is impossible or no species have the technology required.

• Like 5

My feelings is that its a combination of things. First that past encounters with less advanced beings has had unexpected and grave consequences. Mix that with the fact that we are very hostile and potentially dangerous.

Surely they have recognized the extreme leap we've taken in technology and they know it will not be long until we can find them just as they have found us.

I feel like their just waiting for what they feel is the right time. Theyre not going to be able to wait much longer before we find them. I'm guessing 10-200 years Max before we start finding their planets.

I feel like the advanced Ets would form some kind of galactic union like we have the united nations here on earth. I think its possible they may have formed the agreement that all Et races must not involve themselves with us directly where we would've aware, but are still allowed to study us as we would study animals of lesser intelligence. This would explain why they are not coming in mass. It would also explain the abduction phenomenon.

Perhaps they also try to erase our memory of abductions for this reason, so that they are not identified. Or perhaps its just the courtesy of not wanting us to be traumatized for life. Or perhaps for both reasons.

• Like 1

Tons of problems in the world? Perhaps they dont have this same understanding like us. We always think that we are short of something, we need this, we need that, better technology, more money, wealth, health, no war this that. We always think that we need to better ourselves. Perhaps they have the larger picture. Perhaps they think we are just fine and ok. They accept us as ourselves.

Maybe there are civilizations out there in another planet, but I think the Greys that people have reported seeing are demons. They're playing the role of ET's because that would be their ultimate disguise.

I know my theory is crazy too, and I honestly thought about it a few years back and then I googled it and realized it wasn't exactly an original idea.

Simple answer - because they've never been here.

I have no doubt that alien life exists somewhere out there and there are no doubt species with levels of technology that are equal to or even greater than our own. But given the vastness of the universe (Hubble Deep Field anyone?), the odds of them even running into us are infinitesimal.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 4

What most believers fail to grasp is that it is not only distance that separtates us from other species in the universe, but also time. Aliens may have visited the earth and catalogued a scary planet full of dinosaurs and never returned, or they may visit and discover the ruins of ancient civilization constructed by a species known as man. The chances that aliens from this universe have visited our planet are microscopically thin to none.

• Like 2

That could be true thyra. Maybe they see our current state as natural part of the planets evolution and its up to us and us alone to either better ourselves or destroy ourselves in the process.

Perhaps all or most intelligent races have gone through similar hurdles as technology advances. It would make sense. You can't just go from nothing to being an advanced race over night. Technology has to develop, and with that comes great challenges and struggles.

I would have to imagine that there is a better way though. They must recognize that we the people are being lied to and taken advantage of by our governments/leaders. I would have to think if they have compassion they would be greatly concerned with the state of our planet and the people suffering. We have effectively poisoned the planet and many people.do not have access to food water and healthcare. I do think they are aware of everything going on, the sadness and unnecessary suffering caused by our corrupt leaders.

I wish they could do more to help us. Why aren't they? Their has to be a good reason.

Thanks for the responses but I don't believe for a second that we have not been found. I've been researching alien/UFOs for over 13 years and in my opinion based on the research they are already here. I don't plan on convincing anyone else that but I've put thousands of hours into research and that's my opinion.

Yes space is vast, but look at the rate in which we are finding potentially habitable planets. Now just imagine the techniques an advanced race that had mastered atomics and space flight might have, and they may have been searching for thousands of years, who knows.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses but I don't believe for a second that we have not been found. I've been researching alien/UFOs for over 13 years and in my opinion based on the research they are already here. I don't plan on convincing anyone else that but I've put thousands of hours into research and that's my opinion.

Yes space is vast, but look at the rate in which we are finding potentially habitable planets. Now just imagine the techniques an advanced race that had mastered atomics and space flight might have, and they may have been searching for thousands of years, who knows.

Well we're finding planets that MIGHT be habitable. But keep in mind, even as distant as those planets are, they are still relatively "close" neighbors compared to the rest of the universe.

Over sword your logic is flawed IMO.

First of all everyone knows about the space time correlation that was not lost on me.

Secondly, I highly doubt they would categorize us as a scary lizard planet never to return, that just sounds foolish...

Based on the rarity of life and evolution they would most likely be very interested in a planet that supports life and is as unique as ours. Even if it was a lizard planet as u say. Beyond that they would know a planet with such life forms would have the ability to produce intelligent life through evolution, so I don't see why they would never return.

Also their is more reasons to go to a planet with life, they can extract plant and animal life to use as medicine or whatever else they can find it useful for. They would also be interested to see how life evolved here, what elements make up our atmosphere, and if their is any valuable resources etc..

• Like 1

The mistake we make when discussing aliens is the fact we think in human terms and distances and one perception of time. Wouldn't being alien mean that their terms and distances and perception of time would be alien as well. How can we use our definitions, that we so smuggly believe to be constant through out the universe, to describe alien life forms or even consider what their capable of.

A mile to us is quite short, but it isn't to an ant. So just because we consider a light year to be an immense distance, maybe it just seems so because we're in fact the ant.

Involved themselves in human affairs.

Obviously there is a ton of problems in the world that a more advanced species would be able to help us with, so why haven't they?

Theory #1. They are no longer able to involve themselves with the evolution of the human race due to past experiences.

What of the ancient alien theory is true and the gods are infact aliens. They would see the impact that religion and other knowledge they have given has caused so many problems here on earth. Because of this they may have put forth some kind of agreement that they can not get involved with an intelligent race until it has reached a certain point either spirituality or technologically.

Theory #2. They are worried about our hostile reaction if they were to present themselves or try to land in large numbers. Its no secret the us government tries its best to shoot down Ufos, when they realized radar was taking down UFOs they started aiming the radar at the crafts to bring down as many as they could. At this point in time if they did arrive in large numbers its possible they would be attacked. They may not want to put themselves in a vulnerable situation.

Theory #3. They are already involved in human affairs but we don't know it. They have integrated themselves into our society and are trying to help us from the inside bringing down corruption and trying to make the world a better place disguised as us.

Theory #4. They already control the human race and want us in this position of slavery, unhappiness and conflict. They view us as hostile unintelligent beings with the goal of manipulating us and taking whatever resources they can get their hands on.

Theory #5. They are waiting for us to resolve our conflicts and come together as a species to work towards a better and more sustainable aka world peace. They think any technology given to us in the present like free energy etc could be weaponized and used against us as well as them.

What are your theories?

Certainly all of the above have been mooted at one time or another and you will no doubt find support for all theories by searching out different sources on the web.

I would add gene harvesting to your list; they would not get permission to do so despite what the conspiracy theorists say regarding government collaboration.

Love the way that just rolls off the tongue. I think part of the problem with people like yourself & Zoser is that you haven't the faintest concept of how vast.

Love the way that just rolls off the tongue. I think part of the problem with people like yourself & Zoser is that you haven't the faintest concept of how vast......................

........................the universe is and how long it would take a space ship burning rocket fuel to traverse the massive distances that take light itself hundreds of years or more and since Einstein himself proved that the speed of light is a constant and the speed limit of all matter................

:sleepy:

........................the universe is and how long it would take a space ship burning rocket fuel to traverse the massive distances that take light itself hundreds of years or more and since Einstein himself proved that the speed of light is a constant and the speed limit of all matter................

:sleepy:

'OK Luke... lets punch the button & make the jump to light speed'

'er......ok Han, but you do realize it'll still take us 2000 years to get to Alderan & because of the laws of relativity when we get back to Tatooine everybody we know will be long dead?'

'Oh b*ll**ks'

Edited by itsnotoutthere

'OK Luke... lets punch the button & make the jump to light speed'

'er......ok Han, but you do realize it'll still take us 2000 years to get to Alderan & because of the laws of relativity when we get back to Tatooine everybody we know will be long dead?'

'Oh b*ll**ks'

No where in any UFO literature does it ever claim to my knowledge that ET's are taking hundreds of light years to get here.

Biggest load of fiction I have ever heard.

You posted this same topic on ATS didn't you? Or did you take this from that person? Just curious as I was browsing and saw the same post.

No where in any UFO literature does it ever claim to my knowledge that ET's are taking hundreds of light years to get here.

At least you got that right.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Light years is not a measure of time, but distance. You keep confusing even simple terms.

UFOlogy?! Pretty much, yeah.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Has anybody ever thought that maybe space travel is not as simple as hopping into a starship and telling Sulu, "ahead warp factor 5". Maybe it really takes a lot of resources to execute a trip from point A to point B; a little more involved than gassing up the Caddy for a drive. We are already out in the stellar boonies, why waste the trip?

• Like 2