Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese missile test of the coast of Oregon

OverSword

For those ignorant enough to post that China is our friend.

From the article:

The Ministry of Defense (MoD) is reporting today that the Vityaz early-warning radar system deployed along the entire Russian border has confirmed the Republic of China Navy (ROCN) launching from their Type 092 Xia-class nuclear ballistic-missile submarine (SSBN) of two atomic JL-2 missiles off the Northeast American coastline near the State of Oregon on Wednesday 30 October and Wednesday 20 November.

According to this report, these two latest sub-launched nuclear ballistic tests by China off the west coast of the United States were preceded by a similar test conducted on Monday 10 November 2010 when a Chinese Navy Jin class ballistic missile nuclear submarine, deployed secretly from its underground home base on the south coast of Hainan island, launched an intercontinental ballistic missile from international waters off the southern California coast in full view of Los Angeles.

Read the rest here

Yes but look at the websites..

Infowars

Myfreeforum

thetreeofliberty

whatdoesit mean

and also it seems its a dead story that happens every year in the same month, Los Angeles 2010, November.

The only thing i can find was Russian test back in 2007. The chinese one appears to be a hoax

Do you know how google works?

https://www.google.c...ff oregon coast

Thanks for making my point.

Now, I should have done my usual Raftering of this "news" item, but didn't. Now that I've reread it, allow me to point out a few MAJOR issues with what is being said.

1. The Republic of China Navy is the navy of Republic of China (i.e. TAIWAN), not the People's Republic of China (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China_Navy)

2. The Republic of China Navy currently operates FOUR submarines - 2 WWII-era Tench class subs and 2 Zwaardvis class subs purchased from the Netherlands). The Xia Class boat mentioned in the article is operated by the People's Liberation Army Navy, not the Republic of China. The US even questions whether or not the one Xia Class boat in existence is even operational. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_092_submarine

3. The JL-2 missile mentioned in the article is still considered in development and is designed to be launched by the Type 094 (Jin class) submarines and not the Type 092 (Xia class) boats mentioned in the article. Reports indicate that the JL-2 MAY reach operational capability by 2014. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JL-2

Clearly this is a made up story that some have bought hook-line-and-sinker - not once, but twice - because it simply fits their political world view. As I've said many times when confronted with stories such as this that raise red flags - BE SKEPTICAL - do your own research. It literally took me 30 seconds to debunk the article.

BTW, here's a piece from ABC News on the original "missile launch" in 2010 - experts say it was most likely just an airplane contrail.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mystery-missile-launched-missile-off-california-coast/story?id=12097155

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

China seems on a new push in military terms. They are apparently building lots of new naval vessels, including carriers. One carrier is speculated to have a moon pool idea for subs to dock.

It is a secretive communist nation, a certain amount of paranoia is always around in these countries which gets funneled into military spending. To be honest I don't fear them as an immediate danger in the way of invasion or war on others.

It does concern me the amount of hacking that has been going on that has been traced back to China. This has allowed them to steal designs and ideas from honest business around the world and then copied cheaply at practically slave wages putting the genuine items out of business. This seems to be allowed to go on openly without any fear of their own Government crackdown.

China seems on a new push in military terms. They are apparently building lots of new naval vessels, including carriers. One carrier is speculated to have a moon pool idea for subs to dock.

It is a secretive communist nation, a certain amount of paranoia is always around in these countries which gets funneled into military spending. To be honest I don't fear them as an immediate danger in the way of invasion or war on others.

It does concern me the amount of hacking that has been going on that has been traced back to China. This has allowed them to steal designs and ideas from honest business around the world and then copied cheaply at practically slave wages putting the genuine items out of business. This seems to be allowed to go on openly without any fear of their own Government crackdown.

But according to the article in the OP, it wasn't China. It was Taiwan.

As to the "moon pool" - what a completely worthless idea. Let's take the stealthiest thing in the ocean and put in the most noticeable thing in the ocean.

But according to the article in the OP, it wasn't China. It was Taiwan.

As to the "moon pool" - what a completely worthless idea. Let's take the stealthiest thing in the ocean and put in the most noticeable thing in the ocean.

Thanks for pointing out the flaws in that story Rafterman, good job.
  • Like 1

Very misleading title. Considering it was the Republic of China (or rather Taiwan) and not China. That is if the article is to be believed.

~Thanato

And the US Navy having wargames in International Waters just off of China isn't sabre rattling?

And the US Navy having wargames in International Waters just off of China isn't sabre rattling?

Well if the article is to be believed then China has nothing to do with this potential 'missile launch' and it is the Republic of China (Taiwan)

Look people we (U.S.) own the oceans especially when it comes to subs. we had decades of cold war to refine the tech. if the Chinese had an unauthorized missile launch in our territorial waters it would have been their last.

that kind of stuff is considered an act of war! any SSBN they put in the water has at least 1 of our hunter/killer subs in close attendance.

Well if the article is to be believed then China has nothing to do with this potential 'missile launch' and it is the Republic of China (Taiwan)

Taiwan doesn't have the capability for sub launched ICBMs. Their four boats are hunter/killer types, not boomers.

Not that this story is true, but wargames are a bit different than a missile launch within sight of another country's mainland.