Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost of Child Lurks in photo from tornado

Brian Topp

The bereaved family of an American boy who was killed in a tornado are drawing comfort from a ghostly image of him they say has appeared in a photograph.

Nicolas McCabe, nine, died when his school was hit by the destructive winds in Oklahoma earlier this year. Six other youngsters were killed at Plaza Towers Elementary School, which had neglected to build a storm shelter due to lack of funds.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/524921/20131125/ghost-photographs-weird-unexplained-nicholas-mccabe.htm

• Like 1

Well it's terrible thing to happen to anyone and if I was the father of child that died I would want to believe that his ghost was looking after someone special. And I can't prove it is not a ghost so maybe it is and maybe he is happy.

i hate this sort of thing.

My kneejerk reaction is to attempt to debunk

if I do, I'm really just trying to explain away that a man's attempt to ease his loss is wrong.

• Like 4

I'm really just trying to explain away that a man's attempt to ease his loss is wrong.

Completely agree! I can't imagine what he is going through or how I would react in a similar situation. Leave him be.

I've known relatives and close friends who have lost children. They are never the same. The grief and helplessness they feel is palpable, even years later.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's come to be how I deal with this situation in real life.

Years ago I made the mistake of explaining someone hearing their child's voice. TO me it was and usually is a puzzle that needs solved, to them? It makes life manageable.

My entertainment is usually not as important as someone's ability to cope with suffering.

• Like 2

This is one of those pics where the reality if that the awkward jostling creates a double smear, there's plenty of photos where such things can appear without influence from the environment or camera but here the answer is in the hands of the snapper. If they take comfort from it, it's nice but this isn't evidence of their child lingering around, perhaps he is and perhaps he isn't but not in this moment.

Yeah, that's come to be how I deal with this situation in real life.

Years ago I made the mistake of explaining someone hearing their child's voice. TO me it was and usually is a puzzle that needs solved, to them? It makes life manageable.

My entertainment is usually not as important as someone's ability to cope with suffering.

Very sorry for your loss. We all cope in our own ways. And it is no one else's business! (unless we hurt ourselves or others).

• Like 1

Very sorry for your loss. We all cope in our own ways. And it is no one else's business! (unless we hurt ourselves or others).

Oh, no it wasn't my loss, just a friend of a coworker i met.

I would tell him exactly what it is.

It is posted in numerous pics on the internet.

It is mechanical, a trick of the camera and lighting, and speed of the shutter.

It is not a Ghost.

I would tell him he should be happier knowing his son is up in wherever he believes, having a great time, not worrying about anyone, or anything. He is at peace.

• Like 1

I would tell him exactly what it is.

It is posted in numerous pics on the internet.

It is mechanical, a trick of the camera and lighting, and speed of the shutter.

It is not a Ghost.

I would tell him he should be happier knowing his son is up in wherever he believes, having a great time, not worrying about anyone, or anything. He is at peace.

Iam a father of two small girls i can tell you my biggest fear is losing one of them and if i did i would propably take comfort in a picture like this.

If you told me to my face that my little princes was gone forever and that my false comfort was a trick, i would propably put all my frustations towards you and beat you to death.

So i really hope no one would be so insensitive and foolish to tell a man or woman with a story like this that they where wrong, by all means discus it with friends, family on the internet but NEVER to the person who is clearly hurting beyond understanding...

This is not meant as a threat in any way only as guidance as to what you might experience when dealing with people in extreme grief.

• Like 1