Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moose-eating shark saved from choking

UM-Bot

Two men in Newfoundland have been credited with saving a shark from choking to death on a moose.

Sharks have something of a reputation for taking a bite out of almost anything, but one unfortunate Greenland shark bit off more than it could chew when it tried to feast upon a chunk of moose meat that ended up getting wedged in its throat.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/258390/moose-eating-shark-saved-from-choking

• Like 1

Nice to know some people are willing to take there time and energy to help a shark.

• Like 3

So exactly how do you perform the Heimlich on a shark? Just in case I see one choking on a tourist.

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 2

Funny reminds me of an oscar we had that choked on a gold fish as it couldn't swollow the tail. After they saved the shark did they kill it? Pointless.

I might clarify a bit. I MAY help a shark if I don't come in direct contact or get within 5 feet of it's mouth.

We're gonna need a bigger Moose. Sorry sorry but if i didn't someone else would've.

Actually a smaller moose! But nice one!

• Like 1

Very good vibes, THIS is news

I couldn't help but think about our soldiers during the Shock And Awe of Iran. It is about the last twenty seconds of the video that I thought about as I read the story...It's what we do..We're Americans! Americans certainly don't have a monopoly on good deeds well done....it was the bravery and the empathy for the shark...remarkable really...you just gotta watch the video to know what I'm talking about.

Talk about good vibes:

A mousse eating shark would have been so much more entertaining...

• Like 3

We're gonna need a bigger Moose. Sorry sorry but if i didn't someone else would've.

Actually a smaller moose! But nice one!

It's the shark that gets to decide what size moose it eats next - how does all this compassion fit in with knowing it is now fit and ready to kill again? What's that you say? It's just nature? So is biting off more than you can chew and paying the price - might be nature's way of letting others live - just saying.

• Like 1

A mousse eating shark would have been so much more entertaining...

Forget the shark, I'll eat the mousse, chocolate of course!

• Like 1

Forget the shark, I'll eat the mousse, chocolate of course!

What about shark fin mousse?

It's the shark that gets to decide what size moose it eats next - how does all this compassion fit in with knowing it is now fit and ready to kill again? What's that you say? It's just nature? So is biting off more than you can chew and paying the price - might be nature's way of letting others live - just saying.

Kind of like when they cleaned up the Otter after an oil spill...upon setting it free...it became a lunch snack for a passing Killer Shark...one never knows does one?

• Like 1

Awesome.. It's great to see that some people still have compassion for nature in all it's forms..

Take a bow humanity..