Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel

markdohle

I must say, some of the things that have been said about Islam in this and various other threads, I do marvel at the self-control of the people who've been repeatedly told, effectively, that they and all their fellows are essentially homicidal maniacs.

• Like 3

I must say, some of the things that have been said about Islam in this and various other threads, I do marvel at the self-control of the people who've been repeatedly told, effectively, that they and all their fellows are essentially homicidal maniacs.

Didn't you know, it's one of the last groups of people the bigots are still allowed to openly bag on without social repercussions.

But don't you dare compare terrorist acts of some muslims to terrorists acts committed by some christians.... those were either 1) a long time ago or 2) only represent a small minority of christians.

• Like 1

Suffice to say, nobody here should be making any derogatory remarks or generalizations on the basis of race, religion or anything else. If anyone feels that someone has made a comment that is inappropriate or offensive remember you can use the 'report' button to let us know about it.

• Like 1

You can continue to attempt to cast any speech against the words of the Qur'an as ignorance but it will only fool the weak minded. Like the song says "we're wise to you this time, we won't let you kill the laughter" - that comes from an anthem for our times LUNATIC FRINGE

Read that again ... basically what you are saying is that the scholars of the great educational institutions of the West like oxford here in this case are liars ...

Wise ?

Lunatic ... exactly ... just that - 'lunatics' ... ' ... that is what you say ...' isn't that what JC replied to lil' ol'Pilate ?

attempt ? Not me ... you're the one killing 'laughter' everyday and in every way ...

~

I may be wrong, though I think I see that the issues that people have with Islam, are more to do with cultural issues from Arabia and a very few other places, Pakistan for instance, and that their religion is used as an excuse for certain behaviour patterns. I further content that these issues have spread to other parts of the Islamic world, and combined with the Palestinian problem, have created a particulary modern problem. This is grossly over simplified, though I think it may not be so far from reality. I also think that had the Ottoman Empire survived, then threads like this would not exist, the twin towers would still exist, and hundreds of thousands not died in various conflicts. I could easily give in to hatred about Islam, and have reason to, yet I hope to see that the issue is more cultural than religious. I've no doubt others will have radically different opinions to this.

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 1

I may be wrong, though I think I see that the issues that people have with Islam, are more to do with cultural issues from Arabia and a very few other places, Pakistan for instance, and that their religion is used as an excuse for certain behaviour patterns. I further content that these issues have spread to other parts of the Islamic world, and combined with the Palestinian problem, have created a particulary modern problem. This is grossly over simplified, though I think it may not be so far from reality. I also think that had the Ottoman Empire survived, then threads like this would not exist, the twin towers would still exist, and hundreds of thousands not died in various conflicts. I could easily give in to hatred about Islam, and have reason to, yet I hope to see that the issue is more cultural than religious. I've no doubt others will have radically different opinions to this.

It is a very interesting point you make and I can agree with almost all of it. Religion is being used as a "cover" for other motivations, no doubt. But the actual damage is done by the hatred that is being spread and most of THAT is justified by quoting (whether out of context or no) verses from the Qur'an - just as the bible was used to oppress many in the same way. I don't see where the Ottoman empire's longevity could have made things much more peaceful but I am obviously FAR from being a scholar of history.

Dear Colonel,

I find it very disheartening that those who hate Israel do not also hate the Radical elements of Islam. Israel is not a religion...Judaism is a Religion...Christianity is a religion..Islam is a religion. Radical Elements within any religion are not the religion either...they are just that...Radical Elements. This thread is about the stuggle between the Israelis and the Palestinians. The only reason that Religion is brought to bear a sword in all of this is because it is Religion that HAS born the sword, wielding the sword and waging war in the name of God for centuries! I speak for no one but myself...and I have said before, so, let me say it again: I do not care what another person believes as long as their belief doesn't harm me, or someone else, including themselves. You can Worship a Pumpkin Pie if you want to, I don't care. But when one kills in the name of their Religion...they bring their Religion into a place it shouldn't be. There are elements of all religions who do this. It is not racist, or hate speech, or anything of the sort...to point out that Islam seems to have a very Radical bunch of members...and I will restate my first thought. I find it very disheartening that some are not willing to look at that, but rather want to 'over' look it altogether...write it off...it is bothersome.

It is bothersome that I don't hear a peep out of the Islamic community about that Radical Aspect...and so...it makes myself wonder...who are the Real Leaders of Islam? Are the real leaders also Radical Islamists?

I know of no one here who is saying dregatory things about Islam or Muhammad. History is history...if we have reached a point in Political Correctness where we are no longer even allowed to discuss history...then we are all doomed.

Dear Colonel,

I find it very disheartening that those who hate Israel do not also hate the Radical elements of Islam. Israel is not a religion...Judaism is a Religion...Christianity is a religion..Islam is a religion. Radical Elements within any religion are not the religion either...they are just that...Radical Elements. This thread is about the stuggle between the Israelis and the Palestinians. The only reason that Religion is brought to bear a sword in all of this is because it is Religion that HAS born the sword, wielding the sword and waging war in the name of God for centuries! I speak for no one but myself...and I have said before, so, let me say it again: I do not care what another person believes as long as their belief doesn't harm me, or someone else, including themselves. You can Worship a Pumpkin Pie if you want to, I don't care. But when one kills in the name of their Religion...they bring their Religion into a place it shouldn't be. There are elements of all religions who do this. It is not racist, or hate speech, or anything of the sort...to point out that Islam seems to have a very Radical bunch of members...and I will restate my first thought. I find it very disheartening that some are not willing to look at that, but rather want to 'over' look it altogether...write it off...it is bothersome.

It is bothersome that I don't hear a peep out of the Islamic community about that Radical Aspect...and so...it makes myself wonder...who are the Real Leaders of Islam? Are the real leaders also Radical Islamists?

I know of no one here who is saying dregatory things about Islam or Muhammad. History is history...if we have reached a point in Political Correctness where we are no longer even allowed to discuss history...then we are all doomed.

So you believe what the radicals say then if they're killing in the name of their religion, that's how you learn about the religion? Instead of taking the words of radicals and not thinking you're associating with them, why don't you ever look for the condemnation you're parroting doesn't exist? That is so ignorant for someone with high speed internet access; try Google already. Islam spells out in clear language you can easily understand that killing innocent people is forbidden.

Radical is going around the world killing innocent people whether it's for political reasons, for religious reasons, or whatever other lousy reason.

So you believe what the radicals say then if they're killing in the name of their religion, that's how you learn about the religion? Instead of taking the words of radicals and not thinking you're associating with them, why don't you ever look for the condemnation you're parroting doesn't exist? That is so ignorant for someone with high speed internet access; try Google already. Islam spells out in clear language you can easily understand that killing innocent people is forbidden.

Radical is going around the world killing innocent people whether it's for political reasons, for religious reasons, or whatever other lousy reason.

Tell that to the Mullahs. I swear to freaking God, Allah, Jesus and Buddah...the next time one of you clowns tells me to ....Try Google...I'm going to whip kick you in the face! All you know about anything is wikipedia and so you think you are an expert on everything. Grow the 6th letter of the alpabet up already!

• Like 1

Tell that to the Mullahs. I swear to freaking God, Allah, Jesus and Buddah...the next time one of you clowns tells me to ....Try Google...I'm going to whip kick you in the face! All you know about anything is wikipedia and so you think you are an expert on everything. Grow the 6th letter of the alpabet up already!

If people are telling you to Google, that's the first sign that you're missing something. How much expertise does someone need to practice the Golden Rule in a foreign policy? If the answer is very little to none like I think it is, then expertise is irrelevant. And as usual, I am irrelevant.

Islam is relevant to Islam, so when you're talking about Islam, it would be great if you could acknowledge facts about it available online to study.

If people are telling you to Google, that's the first sign that you're missing something. How much expertise does someone need to practice the Golden Rule in a foreign policy? If the answer is very little to none like I think it is, then expertise is irrelevant. And as usual, I am irrelevant.

Islam is relevant to Islam, so when you're talking about Islam, it would be great if you could acknowledge facts about it available online to study.

No, if people are telling me to 'google it' what they are really saying is, Hey joc, if you want to be an expert like me...google and read about it on Wikipedia. Like I didn't know there was such a thing. You Google it. Google your ass off Yamato. Unless you can step out of your box of ill conceived 'truths'...google will never be your friend. All the knowledge available at your fingertips Yamato...and you are too arrogant to do anything with it. Know it alls bore the hell out of me.

• Like 1

Now there is an excellent example of a straw man to use next time anyone needs to teach critical thinking.
  • Like 1

No, if people are telling me to 'google it' what they are really saying is, Hey joc, if you want to be an expert like me...

No, nobody is telling you that except you.

No, nobody is telling you that except you.

It takes more than Wikipedia to process thought Yamato. Another way to say that is: Thought Process does not equal Google. What most people on here do is search google for something that supports their point of view and then post it as proof that their pov is correct. Sometimes that works...sometimes though it just shows that the person is clueless because: Thought Process is more than Wikipedia links. Google that Yamato: Google...Thought Process.

Here, I'll do it for you:

Thought Process

Edited by joc

It takes more than Wikipedia to process thought Yamato. Another way to say that is: Thought Process does not equal Google. What most people on here do is search google for something that supports their point of view and then post it as proof that their pov is correct. Sometimes that works...sometimes though it just shows that the person is clueless because: Thought Process is more than Wikipedia links. Google that Yamato: Google...Thought Process.

Here, I'll do it for you:

Thought Process

Use whatever search engine you want but if that doesn't lead to processing thought, that's the problem. Waiting for someone else to choose the programming for you on your radio, computer or TV doesn't promote independent thought processes; it promotes indoctrination. People will come and tell you things because they're things they want you to hear. If they're wrong, you'll hopefully have access to the internet to be able to do some homework and educate yourself.

Now there is an excellent example of a straw man to use next time anyone needs to teach critical thinking.

really? have you read this and many other threads? I do marvel at the patience of people who've been told again and again that their religion, and anyone who follows it, which therefore includes them, wants nothing other than to see judaism/Christianity/Civilisation destroyed, because their holy book tells them to, and that they're all too brainwashed and gullible to see it for themselves.

Dear Colonel,

I find it very disheartening that those who hate Israel do not also hate the Radical elements of Islam.

... and if you want a prime example of a straw man ....

• Like 3

Reasoned approaches will never be achieved while the parties to the debate keep accusing the other side that way.

Didn't you know, it's one of the last groups of people the bigots are still allowed to openly bag on without social repercussions.

But don't you dare compare terrorist acts of some muslims to terrorists acts committed by some christians.... those were either 1) a long time ago or 2) only represent a small minority of christians.

And muslim terrorists represent the majority of muslims living in the world right now? Thanks for info, it seems that this world needs its history to be rewritten.

This thread seems to have degenerated in to personal attacks and arguments about bigotry; given that the original premise of the topic seems to have been lost and as we have numerous other threads on Israel currently running, I think we can safely close this one down.

Closed.

• Like 2