Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Red Haired Giants of Lovelock Cave

Rafterman

Given some of the recent posts about Native American giants, I thought some of you might enjoy this week's Skeptoid episode on the The Red Haird Giants of Lovelock Cave. I was not familiar with the tale and found it fascinating. Podcast and transcript at the link.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4390

Some say that an early Native American tribe were giant cannibals.

In western Nevada, on the outskirts of the Humboldt Sink, is a small cave. It's hot and dry and isolated, but it wasn't always so. It was once part of enormous Lake Lahontan, a Pleistocene-era lake some 13,000 years ago, and at the time one of North America's largest lakes. But it eventually dried up, leaving a number of smaller lakes, among which was Humboldt Lake. The cave was on its shore, and in it lived a race of natives who hunted and fished and enjoyed a life of plenty. But there's a shocking twist: Research this people, and you'll find that the archaeological and historical evidence tells us they were not common Native Americans. They were the Si-Te-Cah, a race of red-haired giants, ten feet tall, who terrorized their neighbors with cannibalism.

• Like 2

So, no Giants huh? Fun to think about though ... who doesn't like Giant Cannibals ?

• Like 2

Ok, so like with most myths there was a thread of truth that got added to and became a coat of exaggeration.

This is "old news" I have about 6 books from the 70s with the "old" story in it. I also have all Mark Raymond Harrington's old reports debunking it. Harrington (who is cited in the article) wrote several books on the Lenape. He studied my people extensively under the Heye Foundation.

This is "old news" I have about 6 books from the 70s with the "old" story in it. I also have all Mark Raymond Harrington's old reports debunking it. Harrington (who is cited in the article) wrote several books on the Lenape. He studied my people extensively under the Heye Foundation.

But thanks to the internet, lots of people believe old, disproven stories.

• Like 1

But thanks to the internet, lots of people believe old, disproven stories.

Yeahhhh......I repeatedly debunk this in 3 to 5 year cycles....... lots of short term memory on the net.

Ginger giants.. bet they don't get picked on as much at school?

Here is another thread from not so long ago.

http://www.unexplain...topic=252173

Here is the super-cool link Sakari posted in that thread. Same cave?

http://www.allaroundnevada.com/lovelock-cave/

Edited by DieChecker

Given some of the recent posts about Native American giants, I thought some of you might enjoy this week's Skeptoid episode on the The Red Haird Giants of Lovelock Cave. I was not familiar with the tale and found it fascinating. Podcast and transcript at the link.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4390

Some say that an early Native American tribe were giant cannibals.

In western Nevada, on the outskirts of the Humboldt Sink, is a small cave. It's hot and dry and isolated, but it wasn't always so. It was once part of enormous Lake Lahontan, a Pleistocene-era lake some 13,000 years ago, and at the time one of North America's largest lakes. But it eventually dried up, leaving a number of smaller lakes, among which was Humboldt Lake. The cave was on its shore, and in it lived a race of natives who hunted and fished and enjoyed a life of plenty. But there's a shocking twist: Research this people, and you'll find that the archaeological and historical evidence tells us they were not common Native Americans. They were the Si-Te-Cah, a race of red-haired giants, ten feet tall, who terrorized their neighbors with cannibalism.

Interesting article, I like that the author has a lot of references and not just "someone said".

Now, having debunked the Giant Red Headed Cannibals, would you care to do some debunking in the RH Negative Bloodline Nephillim thread? PLEASE? I've tried the voice of reason approach... to no avail!! lol

Edited by Lava_Lady

Interesting article, I like that the author has a lot of references and not just "someone said".

Now, having debunked the Giant Red Headed Cannibals, would you care to do some debunking in the RH Negative Bloodline Nephillim thread? PLEASE? I've tried the voice of reason approach... to no avail!! lol

I'M NEPHILLIM! :blink: and here I thought I was a Libra................

Libra Nephilim?

Yes, and we're very special.

• Like 2

"Libra Nephilim" and "Taurus Anikim" are now my new favorite pseudonyms/aliases/potential band names. :tsu:

You have my permission to run with it. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...