Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother Nature at her uproar !

Strong Flower

I thought this would be a pretty good subject to touch on.

Ive come across some people in my life thus far who have a strange fascination towards bad weather and Natural Disasters. I'm not sure what this kind of fascination this is called- aside from the fact of realizing Natural Disasters can/have tooken the lives of many people. Some people believe that Natural Disasters have nothing to do with God. Since I believe NATURE is God anyway I personally think that they happen for a reason and serve as a cyclic purpose to Earth.

I am aware however that some of our recent Natural Disasters were most likely scientifically manipulated.

My mom has always had a strange fascination to Hurricanes, and my little brother Tornadoes.

Mine has always been erupting Volcanoes

thebhurgri-1443086.jpg

Has anyone ever encountered these personalities among friends or family ?

OR

Does anyone have similar fascinations ?

• Like 1

well, I am more traditional. I like rain :D

Nothing wrong with that.... Thanks for the support :innocent:

Edited by Spore
  • Like 1

Doesn't count as natural disasters here in Finland, but I do like a strong wind. Oh and thunderstorms, I absolutely love the thunder :D

I've been through a couple of super-typhoons and an 8.1 earthquake, and experiencing that magnitude of power from mother nature and living through it is awesome. I think there a very few experiences have equal parts of fear and awe and relief when it's over, and the realization that there are some things that are totally our of power to affect. At some point you have to just give in to it, because you're going to take a ride whether you want to or not.

Mother nature rules Earth, humans think they do, but are no match for natural forces.

Nothing to do with gods IMO, just nature doing what it does.

When you look at what happens out there in the universe, exploding stars, gases rising and covering vast areas of space, volcanic activity on a daily basis on some planets, planets completely frozen over, the universe is filled with "natural" disasters.

We..on Earth, are the lucky ones.

• Like 1

Mother nature rules Earth, humans think they do, but are no match for natural forces.

Nothing to do with gods IMO, just nature doing what it does.

When you look at what happens out there in the universe, exploding stars, gases rising and covering vast areas of space, volcanic activity on a daily basis on some planets, planets completely frozen over, the universe is filled with "natural" disasters.

We..on Earth, are the lucky ones.

I agree, GREAT outlook

I've been through a couple of super-typhoons and an 8.1 earthquake, and experiencing that magnitude of power from mother nature and living through it is awesome. I think there a very few experiences have equal parts of fear and awe and relief when it's over, and the realization that there are some things that are totally our of power to affect. At some point you have to just give in to it, because you're going to take a ride whether you want to or not.

I did some previous threads on how many of todays religions originate from various forms of nature worship back in pre-history times. I found that many Natural Disasters were worshipped also. This is where we get ideas of Thunder Gods and Volcano Gods.
  • Like 1

Elemental forces or natural dynamis, the Earth's elemental energy can definately become overwhelming crazy weather, tornados, cyclones, volcano eruptions, and earthquakes. Nature itself is so awesome it is not so unlikely to see gods somehow as being part of the equasion even when expressed as mythology. Since it is part of human spirituality to ask a higher power to lend aid, or for rescue in times of extreme danger.

The mystical-alchemical elements of Air, Earth, Water, and Fire as this corresponds to an elemental excess=natural disasters and the elemental personality type; pick your favorite natural disaster. In astrology there are elements associated with each zodiacal sign and this is a sort of a category for the characteristics and personality traits of that zodiacal sign.

Anybody got any favorites ?

Elemental forces or natural dynamis, the Earth's elemental energy can definately become overwhelming crazy weather, tornados, cyclones, volcano eruptions, and earthquakes. Nature itself is so awesome it is not so unlikely to see gods somehow as being part of the equasion even when expressed as mythology. Since it is part of human spirituality to ask a higher power to lend aid, or for rescue in times of extreme danger.

The mystical-alchemical elements of Air, Earth, Water, and Fire as this corresponds to an elemental excess=natural disasters and the elemental personality type; pick your favorite natural disaster. In astrology there are elements associated with each zodiacal sign and this is a sort of a category for the characteristics and personality traits of that zodiacal sign.

Anybody got any favorites ?

I didnt really see that point at first, but now I see that there is a yin & yang concept in natural disasters too.