Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan & South Korea defy China air zone rules

seeder

Japan and South Korea defy China air zone rules

Japan and South Korea have both flown planes unannounced through China's newly-declared air defence zone, officials from both nations say. Japanese aircraft had conducted routine "surveillance activity" over the East China Sea zone, the top government spokesman said.

South Korea had also conducted a flight, its defence ministry said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-25133957

Plus just heard on the TV China is sending a warchip to the area..

and of course..

U.S. sends B-52s over China-claimed waters

Japan and the USA will challenge China's claim to a stretch of the ocean during military exercises this week.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/11/26/japan-china-senkaku-islands/3746771/

Edited by seeder

Australia have been saying things about China's air space rules. Why is everyone testing China, come on guys.

Australia have been saying things about China's air space rules. Why is everyone testing China, come on guys.

When you think about it, it's China doing the testing. They are the one's who changed the status quo. They are the ones who are attempting to impose their will over the situation as it existed. If they are not called on it then they will continue and be emboldened. It has always been this way among nations.

The Chinese have a habit of flexing muscles which they do frequently to see how far other nations will react, they did this with Mongolia and Tibet and because there was little reaction gradually moved in and took over, then over a period of time they claim that it is now Chinese sovereign territory, very clever and very patient.They have even sworn that over time they will again occupy Taiwan.

• Like 1

'Claim' South 'China' Sea ? :lol:

'Occupy' Taiwan ?

Took over Mongolia and Tibet ???? :rofl:

Status Quo ?

oh dear ... you guys seems to think that only your version of 'World' History is the only definitive version there is don't you ?

~

China has sent warplanes to its newly declared air defence zone in the East China Sea, state media reports.

The vast zone, announced last week, covers territory claimed by China, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea.

China has said all planes transiting the zone must file flight plans and identify themselves, or face "defensive emergency measures"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-25144465

Ahhh ... let's get in the proper mood now shall we ...

~

'Claim' South 'China' Sea ? :lol:

'Occupy' Taiwan ?

Took over Mongolia and Tibet ???? :rofl:

Status Quo ?

oh dear ... you guys seems to think that only your version of 'World' History is the only definitive version there is don't you ?

~

Well son if it hadn't of been for us lot ,your lot would be speaking Japanese .
  • Like 1

Well son if it hadn't of been for us lot ,your lot would be speaking Japanese .

really ?

the britches got a little tight over the years eh ?

~

really ?

the britches got a little tight over the years eh ?

~

Sarcasm gets you no where.

Sarcasm gets you no where.

on the contrary ... you're the one that is stuck with the death and destruction ...

~

There's a submerged rock in it for South Korea. I was wondering who benefits...

Until 1969, these islands were simply "useless" for both Japan and China. Only after the discovery of natural resources under the Diaoyu Islands, did the dispute of ownership ignite the blasting fuse of territorial confrontations between two "superpowers" in the Asian region. This research reveals that the Diaoyu Islands case is not merely a political contention because of economic causes, but this dispute deeply involves cultural and historical conflicts of 2,000 years of Sino-Japanese relations.

bold mine : read - gas and oil ~

• syracuse university link

Diaoyu Islands dispute about resources not land

Cary Huang in Beijing

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 04 December, 2012, 12:00am

UPDATED : Tuesday, 04 December, 2012, 4:36am

The dispute over the Diaoyus is about more than national pride - ownership of the rocky archipelago will give access to rich resources

Despite the fact both governments agreed "to work together to make the East China Sea a 'Sea of Peace, Cooperation and Friendship'" in a joint statement issued in May 2008, their relations have faltered badly, especially since Tokyo's provocative move to nationalise the island in September. This led to both nations having armed vessels loitering around the islands for weeks until recently - sending diplomatic temperatures soaring and leading to international calls for cool heads.

... While both US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta told Beijing that Washington maintained a neutral stance on the sovereignty issues, they made the point that the Diaoyu islands were covered by the US-Japan treaty.

Sun said that Beijing perceived the deployment of US missiles in Japan, US involvement in the dispute between the Philippines and China over islands in the South East China Sea and the aggravation of the conflict over the Diaoyu islands as elements of a US attempt to deny China its legitimate rights to resources and the peaceful development of Chinese commercial interests in the region.

*bold and italics mine

• South China Morning Post link

There has been much diplomacy throughout the years and peaceful cross region discussions regarding the future resources of the area among the many that has an interest but then the US elbowed their way into the discussions and the Russians thought 'why not ?' and the fecal matter hit the fan so to speak ....

~

I think it's about what China perceives as a weakened America. They will push as hard as they can to find where the new boundaries of a cowardly American president are...

This is natural i think, if your neighbor builds a shed or whatever in the back garden and its next to your fence, you'll want to inspect it

China will be running its own workshops on the moon soon, they can do what ever they blooming well like, allegedly. They are going to build god knows what up there and its ok, meanwhile back on Earth!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the Japanese are planning their own bit of moon work, jeeeze, this could be fun. They can`t even agree on Earth which bit is who`s, but they are both going up into space.

Edited by freetoroam

U.S. deploys submarine-hunting jets to disputed air defence zone over East China Sea as tensions in volatile region mount

* China claims sovereignty over Japanese controlled islands

* U.S. Navy sends first of six advanced anti-ship aircraft to Japan

* Fears mount tensions could spark unplanned military incident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516723/U-S-deploys-submarine-hunting-jets-disputed-air-defence-zone-East-China-Sea-tensions-volatile-region-mount.html

Hillary can't wait to get her knickers back in the White House ....

• Like 1

Hillary can't wait to get her knickers back in the White House ....

She most likely left some behind............or were they er, whats her name, the one with the mouth?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

She most likely left some behind............or were they er, whats her name, the one with the mouth?

you mean .... how did Robin Williams put it ? 'The only Jewish girl that can't get a stain out' :lol:

I don't think Bill and his playmates will be invited the next time ...

~

• Like 1

After Benghazi and whatever the Hell happened there that should not have, I sure hope Hillary doesn't become President. Before that I couldn't have cared less and would like to see a woman president of the US.

Now South Korea has extended their air defence zone. This reminds me of my young days when my sister and I would draw imaginary lines in our shared bedroom and say that the other couldn't cross it.

• 2 weeks later...

where drifting to war in the Asia Pacific. its alarming the procurement of military equipment by China and Japan. we see an economic driver in the region enabling the procurement of all this military expansion. Meanwhile we have a weak economic situation in Europe where we have witnessed nations making cuts to their armed forces, this leaves the United States somewhere in the middle on a pivot between the two. sooner or later China will make a move.

Edited by stevewinn

I note that Canada just recently and arbitrarily extended its Arctic zone to include most of the Arctic ocean. Is this getting to be a worldwide trend? Russia and the States object, but will probably do much the same and we will end up with another region armed to the teeth and with conflicting claims.

• Like 1

WTO meeting coming up ... the politicos are jostling for trading rights and a share of the IMF credit points ...